Universal Orlando News & Planning Thread

Hey there, UOR fans! I’m planning a trip to Orlando for next July, and I’d love to add a few days for Universal, but the prices for just 3 park days are just a lot. I know there’s a current promo for the same price for 5 park days, but I’m really only ready to commit to 3 (one at each park). I’d stay at a UOR hotel, and I’m willing to buy an AP if that brings the overall price down. Is there something I’m missing on finding a good deal? Or it just is what it is?

2 Likes

The cheapest AP “pays for itself” on the 4th visit.

However, there is a sale where you do get 3 “bonus” months…

My Seasonal AP (The least expensive) this year w/ tax cost = $559.12

I bought my DD21 the Buy 2 Get 3 Free deal to come w/ me to HHN

The cost with tax was = $397.24

I hope that helps you!!

1 Like

Still less than Disney World right?

2 Likes

Are you saying you get a discount on park tickets if you have an AP?

@ChallahMonster
The cheapest pass has a lot of blockout dates, so keep that in mind when you go. The seasonal pass is locked out f all parks for all of July. The power pass is blocked from VB before 4 PM in July.

3 Likes

Erm, not so much. For 2 adults and 2 children, I’m looking at 6 day one park per day Disney tickets for $2761.16 (through Boardwalk Ticketing) and 3 day one park per day Universal tickets are $1507.90 (through Undercover Tourist).

We went to Disney World in 2022 with 5 day park tickets and had a great time. My kids will be 6 and 8 next summer, and I know we’ll all enjoy another Disney trip. But wouldn’t it be even more amazing if we could do Minions and Jurassic Park and Harry Potter and Transformers? DS7 looooves roller coasters, but I’m not ready to put him on anything too crazy. DS5 hated the roller coasters at Disney. And I want to go to VB and sit under a palm tree with a cocktail. It would be great to add these days to the trip, but if the answer is this is just what it costs, then maybe I just wait til my kids are older and can do more. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

You’re looking at around $1,800 for 3 days at Disney

I hope you can work something out for Universal!

2 Likes

That’s fair! What percentage is the usual AP discount on hotels?

1 Like

Nope! Just ust comparing the two prices! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Not to pressure you, but VB is actually my favorite of the UOR parks! (Also, the best cocktails on property IME! )

2 Likes

25-45 percent depending on circumstances.

Expect 35% as a baseline. If crowds are really low, you can expect higher discounts.

Keep in mind that you will need to save about 280 on hotels to make the pass “worth it” on the first visit. You will need a $475 2 park power pass to enter the parks in July, and a separate VB ticket ($80) because power passes can only go to the water park after 4PM. Now, if you were definitely going to go again with 12-15 months it could make sense to buy the passes.

3 Likes

I never even paid attention to the dates! Thanks for the assit!

(I’d only go to Orlando in July if it was free! :thermometer::hot_face:)

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

And the new DreamWorks land (Kidzone) is scheduled to open by next summer too. May be a Trolls-themed coaster. Kung Fu Panda theming too.

2 Likes

VCON Update!

They’ve put out the “tech rehearsal” sign to guests. Not open yet, but TM “rumors” say a soft open could happen later today or this weekend!

6 Likes

Squeals and claps hand. 7 weeks for me.

3 Likes

Actually, it looks like the Power Pass does get you a discount on multi-day tickets, as long as you’re willing to buy them at the gate. Not sure of the pros and cons of that though.

1 Like

I believe that discounted price is higher than you can buy pre-arrival without a discount?

1 Like

Are front gate tickets still $20 higher than what you get buying online direct from UOR? Even with the extra 20 in cost, if the ticket costs more than ~300 or so it may make sense to buy from the front gate. I’ve been looking at Orlando Informer and Undercover Tourist, and the tickets you can buy from there seem to be the same price as tickets you can buy direct from universal. So it would be cheaper to wait until you get to the front gate to buy.

However, ticket prices can go up. If you buy now, you have rate locked it. But deals also come out, which could reduce the price. If you wanted some insurance, it may make sense to buy from a reseller do you have the 365 day return policy. Or, put the money into an online savings account and wait to purchase.

I don’t see any real discount from Undercover Tourist or Orlando Informer right now. They advertise off the gate price, but you can buy the $20 off the base price if you buy direct from UOR.

I see prices that seem to show greater than 15% off gate here?

No, you are right it is gate price.

1 Like