Transition from Chat Lines Format

I know! Who knew?? :wink:

1 Like

yep

Iā€™m sure this makes sense from a business point of view so I thought Iā€™d check in. I used to chime in if I had an answer or needed to ask a quick question. I wonā€™t be using my phone because this uses too much data, and I donā€™t see visiting on my laptop very often because when Iā€™m on my laptop, Iā€™m working. Trying to keep an open mind.

Hi all! I am going to give this the old college try but it is not at all user friendly on my phone. Actually very cumbersome and confusing are more appropriate. I am hardly ever on my PC so I guess if it doesnā€™t get fixed for the mobile user then I am SOL, huh? Bummer. :frowning:

@AliceInChicagoland keep using old chat. We will all figure out how to create this new chat. Only use if youā€™re not eating up data plan minutes. They arenā€™t turning the old one off tomorrow

2 Likes

I canā€™t be the only one using this on iPhone and not having issues yet, can I? Am I missing something? Iā€™m
Not sure I like it necessarily but I donā€™t loathe it eitherā€¦

1 Like

Hello @TianasPlace - we will all learn together!

3 Likes

I didnā€™t get to play here as much as I would have liked today, but Iā€™m excited for the changes, even if it will be hard to adjust. I think if we look back in a year, the old chat will seem soooo outdated. Iā€™m sure there will be some glitches along the way, but this has some very cool functions Iā€™m looking forward to using.

Havenā€™t tried it on the computer yet, but I mostly use the iPad and itā€™s been fine so far.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not able to get it to load any more, I did get one once when it first went live but not since then

Youā€™re @DOLEWHIPDAD, I would have thought youā€™d just know what was going on. Didnā€™t you see the Dole Whip signal in the sky?

3 Likes

Hi Dad!

@MagicMN I thought I was too old to learn new things. Lol!

3 Likes

Hi, I just signed into chat a few minutes ago and discovered this. Boy are things different today! Iā€™m used to upheaval, professionally and personally soā€¦this is just like any other day for me! Just keep swimming! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Giving this a try! We will see how it goes.

Just testing. I tried to add a pic but got a message saying new users could not post pics. Hmmmmm. How long do we stay ā€œnewā€. I love seeing everyoneā€™s pics.
:dizzy:

I just tried to upload a pic and it said NO. Helpā€¦

Lines ā€œchatā€ will still be there right?

Okay, I also am testing. I have to say that I am not too happy that the forum will take up so much of my data plan. I now wonā€™t be able to go on at work. Iā€™ll see you guys before bedtime though.

1 Like

I use Lines 99.9% of the time on my iPhone 5 (iOS 7.1.2) and this is slower than all other apps. Killed my battery in a short time too. Will that change? Also, the benefit of paying to be a subscriber is now lost on me. Iā€™m already renewed but not sure that it matters (still see ads, same content, etc.).

Yikes. I am overwhelmed but eager to figure it out. Good thing the kids are going to camp this week!

2 questions, thoughā€¦why canā€™t I get my avatar pic to upload and do I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of a topic in order to reply to it?

I do like how it gives me an ā€œestimated read timeā€. Lol.