Transition from Chat Lines Format

Excellent data. This is the first thing we’re working on this week @NotThatKevinSmith.

Want me to ping you when we have something for you to test?

I see u now

Made it to the bottom and trying my first reply.

I guess I picked a heck of a time to try to be a liner. I just joined last week and was trying to get used to chat. Now they’ve made a forum! I think I’ll like it though.

3 Likes

Very nice forum!

1 Like

Hi y’all : )

3 Likes

Ok, reading the 350 responses to this thread took me about 5 times the amount of time it would take me to get through a similar amount of content on the Lines chat.

This mobile interface is painfully bad (and I’m on wifi at the moment).

I’m also struggling with the will to set up and maintain yet another online profile/persona, I’ve got too many of those in my life as it is. Loved how Lines chat didn’t demand too much of a presence beyond the hyper focus on answering questions.

4 Likes

I don’t have the time needed to sit on my computer to navigate a forum. (I hate forums) I use my phone 99% of the time for chat and I do it when I have a moment to spare. Sitting in my car, waiting between bus runs, in the Drs office, etc. Right now I am making time to learn this forum.

I think people will be “lost” in the forum. I find myself skipping categories that don’t interest me, apply to me, or I don’t know the answer. I’m sure others will do the same.

2 Likes

@len I believe you have beta testers and staff to do that.

@NotThatKevinSmith. We do have them. What I was asking was whether you want us to include you in that list, to ensure your specific situation is handled. It would eliminate the possibility that we fix something for lots of people, but not you.

Len

1 Like

I think we will figure out how best to organize & use this new format together. All the park hours, wait times, menu items etc are still on the app. I really like the new room finder & expanded resort info on the website and the Touring Plans blog is really good!

2 Likes

That’s exactly my plan. Check this forum thing once or twice a day to see how it evolves and keep using old chat in the mean time. I doubt they will take it down before the new forum is made mobile friendly.

@Lentesta, it’s great you’re over here answering questions and stuff, but since that majority of your users are stuck over in the other chat and have a thousand questions and concerns, you may want to make an appearance or five. Thanks.

6 Likes

Trying out the Forum from my laptop and seems to be working fine (doing my due diligence). Will use this site from here when/if doing major research. 99% of my usage has been from my phone when I’m “on the go,” though. Will try accessing the Forum from my Galaxy S5 again later (it wasn’t so wonderful of an option yesterday).

This is way better on my ipad but I still find myself skipping conversations. There was something really special about the format of the old chat. I wonder if they could create a topic area within wdw that functions more like the old chat. If the responses to each post were collapsed except for the last couple it would be functionally a lot like chat. Make it mobile friendly and we can all just hang out on that one thread. Maybe?

It’s still not very good from the S5. No changes since yesterday that I have noticed.

I’m using Chrome on my s4. It looks fine, sure there are plusses and minuses of each format.

I think the issue boils down to how it was announced. Len kinda ‘LeBron James-ed’ us. “I’m taking my talents and going to the forum!!”

Ok. Trying not to be resistant to change. Let’s see if I can figure this out. :slight_smile:

I think it would be easier to navigate if the most recent comments were at the top of the page along with the reply option. It takes a while to scroll down to the bottom. Just my 2 cents though. I’m giving this a try as I promised.

It is the opposite of FB, I am taken to the bottom of the chat. And I agree it takes longer to read through and I am also skipping topics. So I think we will all need to be really good about describing our topics and knowing when to start a new one so people can find it. You can reply as a new topic to launch a new thread.

I am using only on my laptop so user interface is good and must be WAY easier than on the phone.

I asked to add a countdown option for each user so I can search for Liners that will be in WDW when we are there. I would love to add the drop down selection for the resort also. Maybe then a master calendar and you can find where and when others will be around. Too much Liner meet stuff?

4 Likes