Transition from Chat Lines Format

@len @Lentesta - Like, I’ve hit my “daily limit” on “likes.” Like, I must wait 21 hours to “like” a post. I’d “like to like” some more posts :smile:

8 Likes

I have the next 3 weeks off before school starts again and have an iphone 4s that isn’t loading so I am willing to help because as a teacher I need the quick escape Lines provides.

1 Like

I like all the Liner meet stuff, @MagicMN, because I hope to meet some Liners on my next trip. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Does anyone know if this site will continue to update while my phone is not being used or when I’m using other apps? It’s continuously updating while I’m on the site but when I switch out of safari will it keep searching for new data? I’m down to 85% battery from 89% when I got in the car to come to work and I didn’t touch my phone while I was driving.

Good question, @AliceInChicagoland. We’ll find out.

Is this correct

1. chat is in the new forum
  2. park hrs and wait times old app ?

And it’s not working well on my iPhone ( but I guess that’s a mute point if we have to come to website to chat ) I’m not computer savvy. So I need easy, one stop hop on hop off ?

Hello everyone! Still trying to figure all of this out but it doesn’t seem too bad! Just hope the data issue can be fixed or I won’t be on as often!

1 Like

OK…giving this a try for the first time. I can see everything OK on my Kindle Fire, but I’m having some issues loading the forum on my android phone. I’m actually using my computer right now. I’ll reserve judgement until I have some time to play around.

I just tested this out with my iphone. With the phone off, the website did not update in the background, even though the browser was open when my phone screen turned off. As soon as I went back into my phone, thats when the site updated.

I imagine being absent from lines the last few months may make this transition a little easier. I still like the quickness of replies in chat better tho! Seems here there is so much to weed thru. And things get missed. On the app you couldn’t help but see it

1 Like

Trying to give this a shot but in just a few minutes my on it my iPhone battery took a huge hit. Seems it’s constantly updating or loading.

Awesome. I was hoping that was the case. I’ll need to figure out what was eating my battery in the car!!

Welcome @Carpenters! So glad you came to join us - sorry for the confusion but we are all still here and would love to chat/answer any question you might have :smiley:

1 Like

I hate change. This does look interesting though.

I think the one thing I dislike about this forum is there are so many subjects to look at! It could take an hour or more to read. The chat line was more efficient and quicker!

1 Like

I agree with you, I think I’ll spend more time on this but I’ll feel like I’ve seen less discussion than on chat. I like the latest option, but it would be nice if there was a place to click on when you are in a thread to go back to the latest selection. I fell like I’ll miss too much.

The trick is to click on the 380/380 and go to the bottom… or top…great feature

Me too… but after the first few go arounds… it levels out and doesnt use as much data/battery…

Here we go! Let this insightful nugget be my first contribution to the forums. I’d like to be able to adjust my profile banner so it fits in the space how I want it to. This will be crucial to my future enjoyment of this space. Carry on!

1 Like

Yes. There are shortcuts. Once you get and remember them, seeing everything gets easier. The best tip is to click on “newest” when on the main page. Then you see all the newer topics that are being discussed.

2 Likes