Total gamble live-ish trip report 3/17-3/20

Thats ok :wink: food reports are just fine by me :yum:

4 Likes

:raised_hands:. Ok DH wants german beer and kids want to try frushi so we are going to make the lap around then Figment Soarin and SE then we are outta here.

Might regret this. Interested to see how long this takes and where Fitbit lands at end of day.

4 Likes

Already went off plan. :rofl:

10 Likes

No Plan survives first contact with the (enemy/DisneyReality)

7 Likes

True those Mickey bars are the DEVIL! :rofl:

1 Like

Frushi!!! And pineapple sake. Sucker for anything pineapple = me.

6 Likes

Just saw a boat go morocco to Canada. First one I’ve seen all day.

4 Likes

So was dreading Soarin line and then this happened…:rofl:. This game is great! (We are VRN…)

6 Likes

Proof :rofl:

5 Likes

So Soarin was interesting. They had buckled a car seat with plexiglass every 4th seat so it sat 3 groups of 3 across a row.

Disney said 45, line was back to escalators in the land. Was 48 but loved trivia. Right when we got in line sign flipped to 70 but when we left (845pm) line was MUCH shorter and Disney said 35min. Must have hit a rush or it must cool off after 830ish.

4 Likes

12 Likes

I saw this too and thought way too much about how this came about. Did someone order too short plexiglass and it needed a boost? Was this the best way they could think of to secure it? Was this the original design?
My brother is an engineer, and at his first job (in our very hillbilly hometown) he got a certificate that said he was an HBE - hillbilly engineer.
I feel like whoever made this is an experienced HBI -hillbilly imagineer

7 Likes

It had me pondering too. I thought they ordered too short and then wanted to keep it from flopping around and a mom was like “no problem cut a slit in a booster seat and you’re done. Let’s hit babies r us I can have this done in an hour”. :rofl:

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Ok didn’t get as long a break as I would’ve liked midday but we did everything on our list and ate a ton of great food along the way! I think if you’re a Disney resort guest that can RD power walk you might be able to get three headliners in the am first thing before waits all soar :wink:. We got 2.5 driving and parking and being just behind that wave. (.5 meaning we waited I think 40ish minutes for MS.)

A few of the “ride anytime” classics are now not at least in the am so if you can hit headliners then ditch to WS you can circle back to Living and Nemo like we did and walk on. Figment at that point was still busy. Things really don’t let up until from what we saw 830/9pm and even then headliners are still a wait just not the crazy ones you’ll see midday.

Oh also here’s my chicken scratch notes of the food that was highly rated and that I thought we’d like (just in case anyone doesn’t want to read all that or plans a last minute trip).

Also also I was pleasantly surprised there were hardly any lines at the festival food booths and they were great about cycling people through but also not letting food sit under warmers so it was fresh/hot and quick. Expectations well exceeded there.

7 Likes

Crushed it. My 12 yr old heading back into the park says “ready to take me where I want to go? No?” I asked her if she was talking to her legs and she said “yes but I’m disinterested in their opinion right now - let’s go!”. :rofl:. #thatoneisdefinitelymine

12 Likes

:anguished:

1 Like

So funny!

Oh also - someone had told me ADRs were having to wait quite a bit. I was able to check in on app at 540 for 6pm La Hacienda from the Epcot Engineering building walking over and they seated us immediately a couple minutes later on arrival. No wait. But it wasn’t slammed yet and was Epcot so like everything else YMMV but data points for those planning!

2 Likes