Total gamble live-ish trip report 3/17-3/20

Indeed. Seems like more reporting lately on going through the festival, which is also needed, but not as much about RDing the headliners there with specific times, so this is super useful. Great start to your day! Have fun!

3 Likes

Quick sunshine griddle stop for fried bacon cinnamon roll bites, shrimp n grits and fruit loops shake!

14 Likes

Gonna need a review of the front loops shake

2 Likes

So my 10-year-old didn’t want to share even a sip, my 12-year-old was not a fan but when I asked her if she normally likes fruit loops she said “depends on the day “. :roll_eyes:. Hubs said it was good (he also likes fruit loops).

6 Likes

So for the first time in…ever…waiting to enter pyramid. Against every fiber of my being. :rofl:apparently it’s one line for everything though including the ride, restaurant and shop so moving well…

But inside nice and cool and adorably themed to Coco. Our current au pair is Mexican so loving her explaining everything to the kids and correcting their butchering of her beautiful language.

Gran Fiesta is only seating first and last row of boats. Frozen was all rows. TT we had a car so don’t know and MS they were running basically every other vehicle but if you had a large group they let you bleed over. Same on Gran we get two rows.

11 Likes

:yellow_heart:Yay! I’m so excited it’s here!! You’ve been very diligent on planning, just don’t forget to have fun and enjoy it!! Can’t wait to follow along! Your crew is SUPER adorable! Have THE BEST time!:yellow_heart:

2 Likes

have a great time!!!

1 Like

Y’all. We’ve never paid much attention to snacks or festival food but insane ride lines forced us to try a different path and holy cow. I didn’t even have time to take a pic of some! They disappear!

11 Likes

That’s a pretty color! What’s that beverage called?

1 Like

That’s the violet lemonade. Apparently it’s frozen! It was different than the pics I had seen but it was delicious. Not too sweet and awesome flavor. Plus flower is edible so my kids thought that was beyond cool.

6 Likes

This one didn’t upload before for some reason…

That’s the fried green tomatoes and blue crab salad, festival favorite slider (took one bite and forgot it’s name…and my own) and the maple bacon stout beer. All thumbs up all around!

Burnt ends pork belly slider - looked it up! Hubs and I didn’t even get a bite of the first one so I had to get another which I barely got two bites from. :rofl:

We also got the duck confit (AMAZING) and blood orange beet cocktail just for kicks and husband really liked that!

We also had decent luck by coincidence with timing entertainment- enjoyed beef tips and seared scallops on a shaded bench watching the Jammitors and then the pianist came and played while we were eating in the world showcase pavilion (blue building with festival faves)!

9 Likes

I love this, especially your use of “yall” and “holy cow” :rofl:

1 Like

Oh yer dunno the haf of it ma’am! I married a Texan and that’s where we live now so when I get excited the twang comes out! :rofl:.

Ran out of stomach which I didn’t think was possible with my hollow legged children and spouse so headed out. Did Living with the Land and Nemo on way out - both walk ons by then.

Will head back for La Hacienda at 6pm and then plan to hit Figment, SE and Soarin.

6 Likes

Oh! If you notice it, can you let me know the status of the Friendship boats? When/Where do they run? I’m tempted to take one from Morocco back to FW, next week.

So I was kind of watching because we had wanted to go to American pavilion to get Cajun food but I didn’t see them running any of the times I passed and they had no times posted. Will see if I see them on way to dinner…

2 Likes

Speaking of - anyone know when the festival food booth in Japan closes? Kids wanted to try frushi but were stuffed earlier so was thinking maybe after dinner…

Saw a blogger take the Morocco to Canada boat just the other day. I’m pretty sure that’s the only one running inside the park.

What’s that food in the background that looks like Wall-E?

4 Likes

Love the description lol

:rofl:I had to scroll back to figure out what the heck you were talking about! That’s the burnt end pork belly slider it’s got a garlic sausage and a sweet n sour pickle on the stick on top (and fondue and andouille sausage inside and fluffy Hawaiian roll type bun…sorry what was your question?). :rofl:

At La Hacienda now. Hubs and I shared this awesomeness (also had black beans and rice and corn tortillas)…

Sorry we love food about as much as rides so this may occasionally become a food report!

14 Likes