Total gamble live-ish trip report 3/17-3/20

Y’all…the anxiety! :rofl::sob::heart_eyes:

25 Likes

You’re a superstar!!!

5 Likes

I credit all the adrenaline for fast fingers (especially considering I wasn’t even in the app 10 seconds before time because I was still wandering around speed testing) :grimacing:. Pretty sure hubs was close to yelling at me. :rofl:. After a totally botched attempt to practice yesterday (we all failed) and friend saying only go if we get ROR BG not gonna lie I was wayyyy too riled up for this. :rofl:. Shame our Oga’s res isn’t for 9am!

Took all the advice on this page. Powered down phone 30 min before and restarted. 5 min before logged out of and back into MDE app. Speed tested wifi and cellular (cell worlds faster at least where we are - Blue Tree Resort). Clicked on AT card in the app a few seconds before (see previous note about cutting it too close) and then held down the join virtual queue until time, released and blue button was there, hit it then had finger ready at the bottom to click the second I saw the button show under our party. Good luck everyone!

15 Likes

Yesssssss!!!

1 Like

Guuurl. The struggle is real. :rofl:

801am arrived by car to HS about 8 back in line haven’t opened gates yet - thought about Ubering to Speedway but UberXL was $64!! at time we would’ve left and I’m cheap(ish) so didn’t care that much. Plus after getting ROR BG I kind of don’t care if we stand in lines at the rest today (says me now ask me in a few hours)… #BGbliss

7 Likes

Ready!

13 Likes

Parking booths opened 810am. Here we go!

Sidenote for those driving at least so far (EP and HS) standard parking is left lanes past booths and preferred is right lanes in case you want to save yourself some zig zagging…

6 Likes

Ok 831am at ToT. Standby says 13min which is an interesting random amount of time. We shall see…

6 Likes

I think they mounted plexiglass right in the middle of seats at Star Tours too.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the detailed time information! Have a great day and enjoy the warm weather! If you need a mask break and to cool down later, go to the Indiana Jones relaxation station, they have big fans there and of course shaded. (You can also take food and drink in too)

3 Likes

13 means it’s a walk on.

5 Likes

You would think but as others have said the wait times listed both by Disney and TP have been all over the map. We waited 28min. CM said as we were walking into library that they had “just now gotten second side going”. So far Disney has been more accurate but even those have been randomly off at times. Makes it difficult to build a TP because a ride could be walk on or an hour!

Our BG got called right at 840am like @bebe80 the other day - thanks again! - I was able to build a plan from your screenshots guessing we would get called at the same time.

Waiting at RNRC now. Said 20min we shall see! Then likely to ROR because lines are already piling up and we’ve got droid depot at 1050am. Maybe a Ronto Wrap in between if we’ve got a little time to kill.

ToT was seating front and back rows with plexiglass on aisle ends. RNRC is seating every row.

6 Likes

My girls just turned in unison and asked “who’s Aerosmith?”. We’ve failed as parents. Praying they’ll recognize the music on the ride and redeem us.

Ride hard restart evacuating everyone - getting fast passes for later

11 Likes

Dude. That’s Crazy. You’re really Livin On the Edge with this neglectful parenting style. Maybe you’re just Jaded?

I’m calling child protective services on you. I’ll tell them that Janie’s Got a Gun.

“Who is Aerosmith?”

Just tell them to Walk This Way to get in the ride vehicle. Tell them you Don’t Want To Miss a Thing on this ride and you’ll exit Cryin’ and feeling like a Rag Doll. That ride is Amazing!

16 Likes

:astonished:

2 Likes

DS7 said the same thing “Are they the most famous rock band?” DH: “They did American Idol, that’s all you need to know.”
DS7: “What’s American Idol?”

3 Likes

Have you people never heard of rock lullabies for babies???

One of the first songs my DD ever spontaneously sang that was from her frequent early exposure was Bon Jovi’s Dead Or Alive. I swooned. One of my son’s favorite songs ever is Crazy Train, and he listens to a fair bit of AC/DC. Both kids have all of the “oldies” on their playlists and they are very proud that Aerosmith is from our home state!

4 Likes

My son sings the Pixies, Nirvana and Korn (which he learned at… art camp, of all places lol). I sing the Chicks to them (they wrote a couple of amazing lullabies). My parents were bluegrass groupies (yes, that’s a thing) in the 70s and early 80s, so I know all of that music and saw a lot of it live when I was little. Somehow, my brother is a metalhead.

3 Likes

yeah, our AM times at HS from both TP and Disney were way off. That day ended up kind of a mess TBH, esp since the frozen show we had planned to attend was cancelled.

2 Likes

I should probably have said it means it’s supposed to be a walk on!

2 Likes