Tier changes and FP's available for MFSR

I personally would drop Star Tours and just assume you’ll be able to get a same day FP. Then you could add in another ride on TSMM or ToT. Also, AS2 was easy to get a same day FP+ for us (14 and 16 Jan). TSMM was pretty easy too until later in the afternoon/evening. I think we rode it like 6-7 times with same day FP+.

Here’s a link to the trip report:
HS 2-day trip report

1 Like

I changed my TSMM/Star Tours/Throwaway Little Mermaid to MFSR/ToT/RRC and I’ve never been happier.

4 Likes

You’re probably right. My fastpass day is next Tuesday so for now I’m operating under the (hopefully incorrect) assumption that it’ll be difficult to get same day for anything under the new tiers. My daughter will kill me if we miss anything star wars, so for now its getting fastpassed!

Once february swings around and we see what the new tiers are doing to same day availability, I might switch up some stuff

There are no changes yet for 2/3-2/19. Still a 9AM open, same FP tiers, no FP for MFSR. Any speculation if/when something will change for those dates? I’m at WDW right in the middle of this time period and don’t want to miss out on last minute changes as the family and I are HUGE SW fans.

1 Like

IMHO - The best you can hope for is an change in opening hours. (Not sure if it will happen since February is typically the slowest time on the WDW calendar)

I wouldn’t expect any FPP changes happening for dates before 2/19/20. This is probably the new tier system until they add MMRR to the list.

2 Likes

They just changed hours yesterday for January 27 - 31, so for your dates they could change the hours any time in the next week or so. I wouldn’t expect any other changes to the tiers or for FP for MFSR for your dates though

2 Likes

also, check your FPs for other parks and your ADRs. people are moving stuff around and i was able to move up my FOP, get a better Oga’s res, etc.

4 Likes

Guess who just got a 1:25 Slinky Dog

4 Likes

I just cancelled my slinky on the 19 Feb at that time in exchange for a MFSR. I’m also in HS on the 18 Feb (on the old system which is weird). And have SDD, ST and and a singalong :sleeping:

Thanks for sharing. I was able to modify for my trip the week of March 7th. The changes were in effect.

Are you sure? It wouldn’t allow me to do that. I would have had to give up SDD.

For what it’s worth, all 3 days we were at HS 2 weeks ago, ToT was readily available as FP4s. Yes, more people will be pretty prebooking it as Tier 2, but I’m thinking it will still be available if you stalk the same day drops.

Yes. That may be…when all the rides except ST were Tier 1. TOT, then, was probably lower on the list of FPs you could obtain.

That will all change now that TOT, etc, are tier 2.

1 Like

This sounds like 3D chess.

Jedi training really isn’t super high demand anymore.

We were there on Tue 1/7, CL 7 with a 7am opening time. We rope dropped MFSR and then went to jedi training signups about 8:30am. Everything from 11am on was available at that point.

Of course, your mileage may vary, but it probably doesn’t require extraordinary measures.

3 Likes

I went from:

9:40 Mermaid (throwaway)

10:35 Star Tours (had to force optimize my plan lol)

11:35 TSMM (i don’t even really like TSMM)

to this:

12 Likes

Could someone explain the route of the MFSR FP queue, like will it deviate enough from standby that it skips anything significant that Star Wars fans wouldn’t want to miss? This will factor into my decision between SDD and MFSR, and my FP day is tomorrow. I probably initially won’t have a chance at SDD unless enough people switch them to MFSR. Ultimately, I’ll just book what I can tomorrow, and the final decision on that may not have to be made until park hours change (assuming late March will not remain 9am).

Probably there multiple days

They replied. See above. It was a glitch. They lost one of them.

well, now i have 2 HS days. One for SWGE (plus ToT on the way out) and one for TSL! Sort of amazing to have all 3 TS rides on FP back to back.