Tier changes and FP's available for MFSR

I can tell you from the Single Rider queue - which is typically merged with the FPP queue - skips you past all the preshow stuff. You basically walk down a hallway and are suddenly on the Falcon. If you want the whole experience I’d recommend doing standby first.

I did the FPP queue with a tour in December. You skip alot of the hanger, tech, etc. You join the line shortly before the pre-show room.

I’d do FPP myself-- that standby line is interesting, but not so much more connected to the classic movies. You don’t miss anything of the Falcon itself, like the chess table rooom

1 Like

So pumped. My HS days will be much better now.

1 Like

Same re wishing this was applicable before 2/19. I was so excited when I saw the tier change info, but doesn’t help us. I am just waiting for the park opening time change to try to grab a SDD as previously planned. Good luck!

1 Like

@Trachen

You and me both. It would change 2 things for us:

1. Ability to grab SDD FP
  2. Should we RD for 7AM as we were going to for 9AM?

We don’t plan on grabbing RotR BG, but I’m fearful even if we were to get a SDD FP at 8AM (for example) for a 7AM opening, we would will still likely have 45-60 min wait for TSM unless we RD. RD for 7AM opening means getting up at 5:30 and taking mini van at 6ish to get there by 6:30.

If we don’t RD TSM (assuming we get a SDD FP and park hours move up to 7AM), I’m wondering if we’d be better off with park hours staying at 9AM, keeping our 9:30AM TSM FP and RD SDD. We’d probably be in line for the same amount of time but get to sleep an extra 90-120 minutes.

2 Likes

Excited to try this out for my trip in April! No more throwaway FP"s at HS, yay!

I was slammed at work this morning, and just got online to discover this! Glad this change was made before our FP reservation day (only more 8 days!!).,…wondering what this means for MMRR

off to read the details

1 Like

Just heard about this and already the FPPs for that 1st week, when I’m there, are gone. Gutted there wasn’t some kind of heads-up.
The best hope though is if they extend the morning hours, then some will become available.
I know there is no way to know when or even if Disney will do that, but if they do does anyone know the typical pattern for days from and, most importantly, time of day announcement?

I wouldn’t call it a typical pattern, but for the 1/27 through 2/2 HS time change, it happened mid day (AK time) on the 21st.

1 Like

AK, is that Alaska? So add 10 for me in Luxembourg…I think…:crazy_face:

Yup! Alaska Standard Time

1 Like

what i’m getting out of all this is… don’t invest too much (any?) time in planning my HS days until news about MMRR comes out. My FPP day is March 1st, so i have some time.

2 Likes

I’m going March 1st too. Not many Millennium Falcon available for Fastpass

1 Like

March 1st is my fastpass booking day for 60 days out :slight_smile: I’ll be in the park the first week of May.

1 Like

Of course, the one day I don’t check the forum when I wake up…Thankfully, I got a noon FP for MFSR on 3/2, which is my one HS day on an upcoming trip. This will change my HS strategy for sure. I’m thrilled TOT and RnR went to tier two. I mean I like the Muppets and all, but on FP? Had to scrap my late-afternoon SDD FP to grab MFSR, but I’m all about GE, not Toy Story. But I guess we’ll rope drop SDD while hopefully getting a ROTR boarding group, assuming they’ll still be using those. Then make use of my midmorning TOT and RnR FPs before coming back to GE for hopefully ROTR, plus the MFSR FP and Olga’s reservation. Then back to bed.

I suspect TSMM will become a challenging FP as it’s the only Tier 2 ride that appeals to guests of all ages. ToT and RnR have height requirements and many will skip A2S unless they have young children.

I didn’t have SDD. My (previous) Tier 1 was TSMM. Since it’s now Tier 2, I could modify Frozen.

1 Like

I love this forum!!! Thanks so much!!! We have not been to HS yet and not trying to SWGE so less pressure! Got SDD, rockin rollercoaster and TSM!!!

3 Likes

I wonder how soon TP software wait times will be updated to reflect these changes today?

Same here, I ended up getting 3 for MF. 2 were Frozen and 1 was Beauty and the Beast