Tier changes and FP's available for MFSR

Since my trip is done, I’m just hanging around eating popcorn and watching y’all these days. It’s like a soap opera. (And I’m cheering for everyone to have great trips despite the ever-changing Disney shenanigans!)

I’m soooo curious what’s going to happen with MMRR! Here’s a potential plot twist… What if they use boarding groups, but you can only have a MMRR or RotR BG on a given day? Effectively creating an elite tier? Since boarding groups are currently booking out almost instantly, it would let more people get to do at least one of them. And reduce the number of multi-day guests that repeat the same experience, opening it up for others. Just speculating…

7 Likes

My trip isn’t until end of May so I’m glad the timing of this change will allow the kinks to get worked out before my FP day.

My opinion: Overall a good thing. It’s bad for MFSR (because the line was rarely super long and you could always use single rider), but good for ToT, RnRC, TSM, and ASS. That’s four rides that will be easier to plan ahead for vs. one that is harder. And although the tier 1 FPPs may run out, it wouldn’t be the end of the world to have three Tier 2s and just have to worry about RD or SB for the two tier 1s (which most of us would have had to do anyway if we couldn’t get SDD before!)

Should be interesting to see how same day drop works out.

2 Likes

Shhhhhhhh.:shushing_face:
I’m tryin to watch the movie.
:wink:

4 Likes

I don’t have a Disney World trip planned at the moment, but I appreciate this forum so much, I saw this this morning before I went to work and I let my boss know about the tier changes and she was able to get TSM added to her trip (Feb 17th through the 24th) and I am pretty sure that’s why I was offered to go home 2 hours early today lol.

13 Likes

So, been looking to see how much this has changed fastpass ability so far using the dibb chart and the touring plans one.

So far, it doesn’t seem to have changed much for SDD. Yesterday morning (UK time) the earliest you could get was 60+4 in the afternoon for 4 people, as of now you can get 60+3 in the morning, so it seems like theres a slight improvement. Dunno if that’s it or if it will continue to improve over the next few days, will keep an eye

MFSR - This isn’t on the dibb yet so having to go by the touringplans one, which is only for one person.
So far, you can still get some afternoon fastpasses as early as the 3rd of March, which is 30+9, which seems quite good. However, at 60 days, they’re completely gone, so people who’re booking today are obviously snapping them up, but people who have already booked their fastpasses aren’t neccessarily backfilling. 60+1 is still available though.

NOt had a chance to have a look at Tier 2s yet, will have a peek later.

1 Like

We are currently at a curious stage in which a lot of people that aren’t super up to date with Disney news have already scheduled FPs and won’t be modifying them, but the same people will gladly pick up MFSR or sdd if it shows up as available on their FP day.

1 Like

Yep, few people with their 30 day fastpass day coming up are going to be lucky with MFSR I think

1 Like

@Tall_Paul1 - one of my favorite sources, BlogMickey, released a photo essay on exactly what the FPP queue looks like and what happens. If you want to be surprised by the look / layout this will spoil it.

Warning - SPOILERS

1 Like

Thanks! Very helpful. Unfortunately I didn’t have the choice this morning while booking as SDD was not there and could only get an evening MFSR (not too surprised at 60+1, the only possible day I can go to HS). This really turns my plan on its head, but could be workable enough if nothing changes. Ideally, I will have an alternate plan ready for when/if opening hours change from 9am to 7 or 8 and I can modify that late FP to either an early MFSR or SDD. The tier change helped me turn ST and a throwaway into MFSR and RnRC to go with TSM, but not happy about the late MFSR time that takes same day drops off the table (not that we really know how well those will work going forward either). Not to mention, I’m trying to fit everything in GE nicely around an Oga’s reservation that will be hard/impossible to move. I know I will be tinkering and obsessing with plans for this day constantly until my trip, but I guess I’m in the right place then.

2 Likes

With the new tiers, I believe it will be unlikely same-day FPs will be available for most if not all rides, anyhow, so I wouldn’t plan on those regardless.

If anyone needs to know… multiple sources are announcing that DHS has dropped a bunch more MF:SR FFPs , for dates on / after 2/19/20, as of about an hour ago. GL!!

1 Like

There were some new ones for SDD as well.

There is just no love for those of us going before 2/19! They changed opening hours to 8am today but I haven’t been able to change any FPP yet for 2/13. I had to stop trying for a couple hours and my options look the same now./… I hope I didn’t miss the drop! If anyone was able to modify before 2/19, can you share?

I was able to do 19th but nothing on 16th yet

So, checked fastpasses for SDD and MFSR again this morning.

Currently, there are fastpasses available from 30+1 onwards for SDD. Not every day but on a good two thirds of them. Have they released additional FPs or is it just due to people swapping to the Falcon? The days that FPs are available, theres often quite a good range of times as well.

MFSR has fastpasses available most days from 19th of Feb up to current 60 day, 24th March. Not as much availability as SDD though.

At 60 days out - 25th March, both SDD and MFSR have nothing, however I’m looking at this a couple of hours before 60 day switches to the 26th. At 60 + 1, there are a good range of times available for SDD, and only a couple of late ones for MFSR. Weirdly, 60 -1 has more availability for both than 60 days out.

So, my deeply unscientific conclusion at the moment is at follows-

1. MFSR is going to be the harder fastpass to get for the time being.

2. At 30 days, you currently have a good chance of getting either FP. I don’t expect this to last much longer than the next week or two.

3. At 60 days, you can get a SDD at 60+1 and MFSR at 60+2. This is likely to be the new normal for a while, given a margin of error of a day or so

4. As far as Tier 2s go, you shouldn’t have any problem getting what you want at 30 days out. On, the 19th Feb, TSM and Star Tours only have afternoon availability, everything else has loads in the morning. The Star Tours is probably a holdo-ver from the old tiering system, so I’m going to take a wild guess and say that TSM is going to be the most difficult Tier 2 to get.

Disclaimer: This is all based on very sketchy data, so please don’t hunt me down and kill me when I get it completely wrong!

If there are FOs available throughout the day for Slinky, then that’s due to people switching to MF:SR. They will be adding FPs for the extended hours but not through the day, those were already released at the usual windows.

Also I wouldn’t expect the availability at 60+1 and 60+2 to continue. The news of FPs and the tier changes won’t have filtered down to the vast majority of guests yet. A lot of people with FPs for those days will have booked a week ago for a longer stay; when they hear the news there will be a rush of people trying to swap things about. The advantage at the moment is for those just about to book who will see it when they open MDE. And us, of course!

Obviously it should help spread demand but I think Slinky will become easier to get and MF:SR will become even more popular than FoP.

1 Like

Thats a good point about the people who booked at 60+7 etc. I didn’t think of that.

Oh well, if it could last until Tuesday at least that would be fabulous as that’s my FP day! Going to HS at 60+4 and 60+8 so should be OK.

Think FOP at 60 + 3 is going to be my difficult one!

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll have trouble getting FOP at 60+3. The Dibb shows it has fastpass availability in the afternoon on 60+3 right now.

Tagging @richard.bohlman who was asking about this on another thread

Looks like the “secret” is out!

I just saw a Travel & Leisure article on my homepage announcing the MF:SR FPPs. Wouldn’t be surprised if all this availability dries up this weekend.

2 Likes