The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Make the plan as if everything is standby. On the day you can use the app to add G+ or ILL to your plan as you get them - there has just been an update so make sure you’ve got the latest version. And optimise - not sure how often as I’ve never done that in park but maybe every couple of rides?

4 Likes

Thank you. There has been an update to what? I got on the TP desktop website and it said that the ability to add G+ & ILL wasn’t available yet - it just would tell you which rides offered G+ or LL. Are you talking about the TP lines app? Can I add it in the app but not on desktop?

I almost never optimized while in the park either. Evaluate? Yes, regularly. But not Optimize, since it occassionally would “bug out” and forget that I didn’t want to criss cross the park (even though I had my settings correct) or something like that. It will be a whole new world this time!

2 Likes

Currently, just a Lines app update.

3 Likes

Yes you can only add it in the app.

3 Likes

We go in a week and I also really dislike the unknowns in trying to plan with G+/LL+, but it is what it is. There will be high crowds while we are there but I am hoping to do ETPE and standby to get it all done. Even though I’ve tried to follow all of the LL/G+ threads it is just too much for me to learn and incorporate the hacks in this short of time frame (and I’m frugal). I have tried to only put the attractions we really want to do on my plan and have left some “free” time so that we can make up for longer than expected lines. I’ve just told my sons we will just do the best we can to ride what we want to ride and I will purchase ILL if I have to for a ride like ROTR.

3 Likes

One thing I’ve seen people suggest is once you book a LL, put a break or dining reservation for that time and area in your TP and then optimize. So if you got a LL for Splash at noon you could put a reservation at Peco Bill’s at noon in your plan and then optimize to hold that Splash LL in your plan.

1 Like

But only if you have an Apple phone. Not out for Android yet.

4 Likes

Saw on another forum that you can’t add G+ for your whole trip unless your tickets are part of a package? Did I miss a major detail?

1 Like

I don’t believe that’s true. I’ve seen reported that any ticket (besides an AP) can have Genie+ added for length of stay either through the app / online or by calling ahead. I’ve never heard anything about a package restriction.

However, you can’t add Genie+ to just a few days of your ticket in advance. It’s all or nothing. If you don’t do length of stay in advance, you have to do one day at a time day of for whichever days you want it as they come.

4 Likes

Thanks. That’s what I thought. Just didn’t make sense to me.

1 Like

I wonder if they make exceptions for APs that are staying onsite? or have a way to add it for duel AP/resort guests?

4 Likes

Question about adding young kids to our group. My brother and his family purchased genie+. My family and I purchased our own. I’ve been delegated as the genie master;however, I can’t add my nieces. Says this guest does not valid linked admissions for this park. Is this a guest services “issue”? I told them I’d ask the pros aka touringplans. Thanks y’all!

On the bus to MK and packed like sardines!

1 Like

If it is a package, you are forced to call to add G+ to the tickets.

If it is tickets-only, then you modify the tickets yourself on MDE. I, and others here, have done that.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Did you see this thread too?

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/genie-lightning-lane-hacking/82056

3 Likes

thanks

1 Like

For those wondering about DisneyLand and what G+ might look like there. MaxPass or FP ever had “drops”. All were distributed sequentially from beginning to end. You could predict much better when you could expect a RT to be based on when you got it, none of this jumping around, and if you clicked on 10:45, you would get 10:45 or maybe 10:50. My big question is will G+ there be more like DLR MP/FP version or WDW FPP/G+ version.

3 Likes

Are your nieces 2 or under? If so they don’t need admission or LL reservations. If they’re over 2, it’s a guest services issue. Hope you’re having fun!

2 Likes

If you just want to refresh return times on a specific attraction, rather than refresh the tip board, will tapping “Book experience” then tapping back, then “book experience” again refresh the return time?

3 Likes

I think it was @stustaff that wondered about using two phones at the same time to basically modify a LL.

3 Likes