The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

I can say that I have had several concurrent stays booked this entire year and none of them were cancelled until I did it myself last week.

1 Like

You can book overlapping hotel reservations. Iā€™ve never had them where I actually utilized both, so maybe at some point Disney will call you to cancel one, but people book multiple holds for all sorts of reasons (including leading reservations for dining, trying to decide which resort to stay at, dates arenā€™t firm, etc.).

3 Likes

No but neither do overlapping ADRs as far as I know. You just canā€™t book them online.

Iā€™d pick POFQ btw.

5 Likes

Iā€™m keeping 2 rooms for the duration of the trip and cancelled the ā€œextrasā€ on my own without any prompting, even after calling Disney direct several times. They never once did more than proclaim excitement for our trip.

2 Likes

ohā€¦ that makes more sense w/ the thread :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

no surprise and correct :wink:

5 Likes

We love both hotels. Beach Club primarily for the pool and proximity to Epcot. But this one is going to be early December so pool will probably be less of a factor, and we are staying at Beach Club in April, so I am leaning to POFQ for this one.

This trip would be more about seeing Disney during its holiday festivities than doing a full Disney tripā€¦

5 Likes

I hope to do a Christmas solo trip like that one day.

4 Likes

Sorry- confusing question.

So the scenario was that she was at Animal Kingdom, using Genie+. She had a LL booked for safari at 405, then after the 2-hr window booked Navi for 2:25. MDE canceled the Safari- it disappeared from her MDE. She went to guest services, they gave her passes for Safari.

Just wondering if this had happened to anyone else.

Moral she took from it: screen shot all your LL (genie+) booking info.

She also had a hard time getting the individual lightning lane for FOP- she had it ā€œbookedā€ by by the time she completed entering payment info, it timed her out and pushed return time too late. Guest services said there was nothing they could do about it. She also had a 60-min wait for FOP using the lightning lane reservation- so that seems excessive for a paid ride?

3 Likes

What she described is relatively rare but it happens. But not a widespread glitch Iā€™m aware of.

2 Likes

She should have about 10 minutes to complete the transaction. I havenā€™t heard about this happening either.

That is extremely unusual and I agree it is not acceptable.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, posted this to chat but this forum is clearly the place to be.
Q- If Iā€™m park hopping and my apr is for MK with an opening time of 9am and AK opens at 8am, can I buy a FoP ILL at 8am? Thx!

1 Like

As I understand it, the rules are that off-site guests can buy a ILL at park opening for the park they want to buy the reservation for. So 8am in your case, but the earliest available return window will be 2pm (or later depending on availability) since youā€™re hopping there.

(Caveat that while I have done my best to distinguish the rules as reported, something may have been missed in translation.)

4 Likes

As promised, hereā€™s how my day went. Definitely an experience:

7am selected SDD for 920 but ended up being 1030 when it went through
Parked at HS at 849
9am crowd release / Entered park at 910
Standby MMRR. In line at 9:13. Posted 45. 935 pre show. Ride 940
LL1 SDD tap 1 at 1027
SDD DOWN
So dilemma is do we wait for ride to come back? Also we couldnā€™t make our next LL because not yet done tap 2
People in LL line (we were almost at tap 2) started to ask if they could do a second tap while waiting so at least they could make another LL; CM let everyone do tap 2; we made a LL for Aliens at 11:30
Shortly after, they declared SDD down; because we had done tap 2, they had to scan our bands to remove it so we could get the anytime LL
Aliens tap 2 at 1143
At 1203 drop, booked 130 TT LL; before drop, times were in 400 hour
1204 used anytime SDD
134 TT LL backed up to Sunset blvd 146 to preshow. 157 off

Overall observation is that this was a lot more work in the park than FPP, and when we were trying to make LLs in late morning, many times were later in the day than we wanted to stay.

14 Likes

Could this be phone related? If the phone/OS were old, maybe itā€™s having problems with MDE update. I have heard of people having problems with iPhone 6 & 7, but I have also heard them working for people. Also, the Safari Genie+ disappearing is probably just a ā€œfeatureā€ of MDE, aka glitch.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Good to know you were able to get a LL for SDD so earlyā€¦even though it ended up going down.

2 Likes

Hi! New here! Has this question been asked and I missed it:
Re:
ā€œStaggered Openings You can take advantage of staggered park openings. For example, if your first park is Epcot with an 10am opening, but you are hopping to HS with a 9am opening, you could obtain your first LL for an attraction at HS at 7am with a 2pm or later return time, then you would be eligible to obtain a second LL reservation at 11am (2 hours after the 9am opening of HS), not 12pm (2 hours after the 110am opening of Epcot), because your first LL reservation is for that park.ā€

When you say ā€œ then you would be eligible to obtain a second LL reservation at 11amā€ would that be for Epcot or DHS? Or not Epcot yet since that is only 1 hour after Epcot opening. Maybe thatā€™s the point. Itā€™s a perk to book DHW first do you get dibs to earlier next time at Epcot than noon.

Did I make sense?

1 Like

If you booked your first LL at HS, your second LL could be made at 11am (2 hours after HS opening) and the reservation could be at any park, including Epcot, even though it opened just an hour earlier. So yes, that is the advantage you get by booking your first LL at an earlier opening park.

3 Likes

This happens a lot. When we had a group of more than 12 and had to try and coordinate LL for 2 groups at the same time my nephew and I would be on the app at the same time. We would find the same attraction and the same window and click at the same time. Many times one time would turn out earlier and one would turn out to be a later window. One time we tried for TSM and both showed the exact same window and we clicked the exact same time and once it went thru our windows only overlapped by 5 mins.

Also I agree it is much more work in the park

4 Likes

Hi All. If this would be best asked in a different area please let me know.

I know all of these changes were just released and itā€™s going to take awhile for the TP algorithms to catch up, but our trip is in 3 weeks: how am I supposed to make an actual Individualized Touring Plan right now? I see theyā€™ve got a little box telling you whether this ride is a LL/G+ or LL/IND and that this function will be integrated into the touring plan in the future, but what do I do today? Do I just make a plan as if everything is standby? What do I do once Iā€™m able to get the G+ and IND selection - can I add that into the plan somehow?

On another board Iā€™ve seen some folks say that in the last couple of weeks the standby wait predictions for TP were really off - as in the actual wait was much longer than TP said it would be. Again, I know itā€™s going to take awhile for all the data to come in so TP is better able to predictā€¦ Iā€™m just feeling lost.

I have always done well making these plans in advance and having a pretty good idea of how our day would go. With this new system weā€™re all having to shift to ā€œcreate your plans for the day on the flyā€ which is not a great fit for my ā€œparalysis analysisā€ syndrome. :smile: (I laugh, but seriously, Iā€™m nervous about it.)

Any thoughts on what to expect from a TP (what it will predict vs. reality), how to create the TP, how to integrate the G+/IND into the TP so the computer can figure out how that impacts everythingā€¦ any practical tips would be very much appreciated.

5 Likes