The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Yes, assuming you were unable to ride before it broke down.

I don’t know. But you could definitely use the anytime LL reservation for another ride that you have or will ride with a regular LL, so it is possible to double up on your favorite ride with some (bad?) luck!

3 Likes

That’s a pretty good plan. If you really only have those two priorities, you shouldn’t have any trouble doing them, even if you wait standby.

2 Likes

You can try for SDD at 7 am…if I don’t get a time between 9-2, then i will wait and refresh at 7:08, 7:11. Probably every minute to be honest. If I cannot get it by then, I will try for Toy Story with a 9-9:20 return window. After riding Toy Story, at 9:31 there seems to be a drop for SDD with 11 am return windows. We go Sunday and I am super nervous. Good luck!

4 Likes

OK, this might have already been answered, but… I want to start playinjg around with Genie+ before our WDW trip. So, If I choose just a random date for a park and make a reservation for that date, is it possible for me start playing around with it starting at the time the park opens to check out LL times etc. and practice “stacking” or will I have to purchase LL first? I know this sounds so stupid, but I am soo angsting over all of this LOL!!! :flushed: :cold_sweat: :scream: :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

You have to have valid admission + a park reservation to start making LL reservations. Are you an AP holder? If so you can go practice the whole process, but I think you get a ding against you for having a reservation that you don’t show up for. (At least that’s the way it used to be for DLR flex pass - anyone know if WDW has a policy with 3 no-shows and you’re blocked out for a month?)

If you don’t have valid admission + APR, you can still use the app and see what the return windows are, and so you could simulate getting a LL reservation and just jot down the time and return window, then when you’re eligible for another one (either two hours later or when the window comes up + hacking rules), repeat.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. No, I’m not an AP holder…unfortunately. Do have tickets for our upcoming trip next year attached to our MDE, though, along with a resort res. Would I be able to make a park reservation for like tomorrow then cancel it, or because of my resort reservation am I only able to make park res. during the length of stay? Thanks!

1 Like

That may be possible - worth a try I suppose. Let us know if it works!

2 Likes

Can you report back here how this works for you?

2 Likes

Thank you! Great idea. Will try that, probably tomorrow.

1 Like

Will do!

1 Like

That is my strategy as well. We have an almost 4 year old with us so we won’t be getting to the parks an hour before early entry but plan to get there 15 min before early entry. That would not put us in the front of the pack for rope drop so we won’t rope drop SDD but we will rope drop MMRR. According to my TP, the wait at MMRR should be about 20 minutes when we are going. I hope to get SDD LL early but at least before 1pm. It is a bummer to have to wait 2 hours after park opening to get another LL but hopefully using the TP will help during that 2 hour wait.

1 Like

I am trying to find the 2 Tap rides in HS and Epcot. I know some rides were mentioned in the Lines chat but I can’t seem to find them. Does anyone have a list they can post? Thanks!

1 Like

Someone mentioned in a FB group I’m in that Disney canceled one of their reservations when they had double reservations booked. From what I can tell, she had a double booking and then the system canceled one of her reservations… I’m not sure exactly what happened- I have asked her to clarify but since most people don’t live in the middle of the ocean maybe she’s sleeping… I dunno.

Anyway, has anyone heard of actual booked LL reservations being canceled?

2 Likes

When I try to book an ADR that is too close to another the app asks me which one I want to keep. It never allows me to double book.

3 Likes

I’d like this info as well!

1 Like

Here is the latest info from the spreadsheet thanks to @BellesRose2K and @popupcamper:

2 Taps 1 Tap Don’t know
MK BTMRR Buzz
MK Dumbo MTP
MK HM MILF
MK IaSW Aladdin
MK JC Pooh
MK PPF Speedway
MK PotC
MK Splash
MK Barnstormer
MK LM
HS SDD Muppets RnRc
HS TSMM MFSR
HS ToT
HS ST
HS AS2
AK KS Dino ITtbaB
AK Navi
AK KRR
EP Frozen Pixar short
EP Soarin’ LwtL
EP TT MS
EP Figment SE
EP Nemo Crush

I will track it over the next few days and update when more of the “I don’t know are filled up” Will also go post it to the shorter thread with the deep hacks.

6 Likes

I think she was talking about LL reservations being cancelled, not ADR. I could be wrong though.

4 Likes

You’re not wrong on the question. But maybe the person she was talking about had ADRs cancelled since it seems they weren’t clear. Or maybe even resort bookings.

5 Likes

Do overlapping resort bookings get cancelled? I was thinking about a late 2022 holiday trip and am not sure what resort we want to stay at - Beach Club or POFQ… So I was thinking of booking both for the same weekend for now…

2 Likes

Mine didn’t. I had two booked for a split stay and then did a leading reservation that overlapped both of them… no issues at all.

2 Likes