The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

I had two people say Mickey turned blue 2 minutes and 10 minutes within the grace window…can anyone confirm that the grace period is still there today? We go next week and I’m so nervous to try this since. We don’t go often so I don’t want to mess anything up!

1 Like

Ack! No grace period is a recipe for chaos with the long times for mobile orders and slow TS service.

1 Like

Just saw that on the investor call, Bob Chapek reported that 33% of Walt Disney World guests are purchasing Genie+.

That’s a pretty robust number from their perspective, but from guests’ perspective I think that’s a reasonable trade-off. 33% means roughly 1/3rd the impact on standby vs. free FPP, assuming the average guest used to use FPP about as much as the average paid user is using Genie+.

9 Likes

Has anyone had luck lately Rope Dropping Rise? And if you do pay for Rise, and it runs in B mode, is that it? Are you screwed?

2 Likes

It’s a decent approach, but it is madness at rope drop, so you have to be among the very first to enter to have a short wait. Probably looking at 45 minutes for regular rope droppers. Up to 90 minutes if you’re lagging behind.

Yep. No refunds for missing ride elements. As long as the ride completes, you are considered to have been served.

(That said, people with the right skills have been known to get more for less when speaking with Guest Services directly. I’m not one of those people.)

4 Likes

Where did you see this? I know there have been a lot of complaints about bad info on Facebook. There was a report on chat that someone could not go through 3 minutes late. It seems that they never scanned in, they told a CM they were late and asked if it was ok.

3 Likes

Even more because with FP+ everyone walked in the door with three booked fast passes. With lightning lane, you only get one at a time, although you can stack as the day goes on.

3 Likes

Yeah I could see it going either way. Since people are paying for Genie+, they might be inclined to do their research to maximize the benefit. But you’re right there were some parts of FPP that made it easier for the average user.

2 Likes

FYI, for anyone curious about details of maximizing (“hacking”) their LL usage, I posted my first topic in La Cava (go easy on me, I’m a forum newbie) :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Can someone remind me what happens if a ride goes down during your LL return time?

2 Likes

You get an “anytime” reservation - basically the return window extends to the end of the day. Usually it’s been only for the original attraction, though I have seen examples where it was “multiple experiences” when the ride was down for the day.

5 Likes

Thanks. Wondered if it would be a LL generator for Any Experience LLs like the old FPP system. I got quite a few Anytime/Any Experience FPPs out of Little Mermaid going down repeatedly. To late night lotto. :beers:

Edited to get my emoji back in there.

3 Likes

I think the original attraction anytime pass is for ILL and the Genie+ is an any experience pass for anything in G+ (excluding ILL).

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I am going to try some of these:

Nope, the two tap does not work if your time is not expired. You get to pick up your next LL at the 2nd tap (according to @TheFugitiveGuy reserach)

Yes, this is correct.

This gets a bit more complicated. I personally plan to just keep the 3 branches going, instead of trying to branch the branches (so to speak). I will stick with basic tapping in, or 120 mins passing. But if you want to go deep, I recommend this new thread and pay close attention to the “LL booking window” section. https://forum.touringplans.com/t/genie-lightning-lane-hacking/82056/

If you let a LL expire, you can book another LL. Then cancel the expired LL and book another. This would be useful in a situation where you arrive late and want 2 branches.

This will depend on your touring strategy. I would always look for SDD just in case something early is available. But on really busy days, waiting until 11 to book another LL is a long time for HS. I plan to just RD it. I really hope to get an early JC.

I think it depends on which park you are going to in which order, and how fast the times distribute for those parks. MK return times are pretty close to actual times (except PP and JC) but HS books fast. So if park hopping to HS I would book LL in the morning and split between booking where you are and in HS.

Park hoping anywhere else I would mostly book passes during the break and focus on the park you are in for the morning.

5 Likes

I’m sorry if this has already been addressed - we have a large party (9) with different ticket types - some APs, some hoppers (none of which have Genie+). I (with an AP) manage 4 of the accounts with hoppers. I’ve been hearing people were having issues purchasing Genie+ on behalf of others in their party with different ticket types. Will this be impossible? Trying to find the best way to work around this without spending so much time at guest relations every morning.

1 Like

So if BTMRR goes down during my LL window do I get an anytime/any experience (except ILL) pass? Does that mean G+ thinks I haven’t had a BTMRR LL and I can get another one and do BTMRR via LL twice?

2 Likes

Wow. Thank you so much for the detailed response!! I really do appreciate you taking the time to do that!

3 Likes

Any suggestions for a strategy for HS when priority is to ride SDD not too late in the day when staying off site and purchasing Genie+? Other must-do is MMRR. Maybe go for SDD LL first and then arrive at park opening and try to ride MMRR stand by? Disadvantage is that probably wouldn’t be able to make another LL until 2 hours after park opening.

2 Likes