The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Does anyone know what the best way to refresh when looking for times is? I know you can refresh the tip board but that just seems very inefficient, and if you see an earlier time that you want I suspect that it would be very hard to grab it. For those that have used it, can you do any kind of back refresh or anything like that when you’re selecting a specific attraction?

4 Likes

Fastest I’ve found (just playing - not in parks) is to add the attraction to your tip board preference (at the top where you can customize your top experiences) and then just pull down to refresh.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve done that too. What I was wondering is if there was any way to refresh after you selected a particular attraction and selected your party, which can’t be done unless you have G+ and park tickets for the day.

3 Likes

One of the things I noticed when watching the JoJo video linked on the other thread (at minute 19:14)
is that when you’re on the Tip board and you want to get a G+ LL, it says a specific time, say 11:20, then when you go through the process of securing that pass, the confirmation time can come up differently, like 11:45-12:45. That may be something to be aware of when making the reservation because it can impact other plans that are already made due to the ability to overlap.

8 Likes

A question came up on Lines regarding G+ LL and park hopping.

Does the “two hours after park opening” rule for making your second LL booking depend on the opening time of your APR park, or the park you are trying to hop to?

Example: If APR is AK (opens at 8) but you’re trying to make a LL at HS (opens at 9), do you get to make that HS LL at 10 or 11?

TIA for any definitive answers, and this would be good to add to the PH rules.

2 Likes

Excellent question!

4 Likes

Per new TP blog:

Q: Can you purchase ILL from anywhere (geographically) when the park opens, or do you have to tap in first?
A: Resort guests can purchase ILL from anywhere at 7 am. Off-site guests have to wait until park open, but can still purchase from anywhere.

5 Likes

New TP blog for today:

https://touringplans.com/blog/genie-testing-questions-we-got-on-day-two

5 Likes

A master’s degree and 8 years at a Big Four! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Reminds me of this line for some reason: :thinking::joy:)

Azkaban

Yes you can repeat on different days. I’ll think of a way to clarify.

Thanks! I’ve updated that bit based on other sources I’ve seen.

I’ve asked this question on Twitter and will let you know if I get an answer.

13 Likes

I sincerely hope it wasn’t as bad as Azkaban.

7 Likes

The food was better, but the soul-sucking was worse than dementors. :rofl:

20 Likes

I’m seeing reported on Twitter that this morning there was no second drop of ILLs at 9am for off-site guests!

2 Likes

Great :weary: I’ll make a notation on that.

3 Likes

:grimacing: at 8:59am RotR was distributing for 5:40pm, at 9:00 it was 7:15pm and then between 9:01-9:20 some would refresh for between 5pm and 7pm and by 9:25am it was sold out.

6 Likes

Based on the discussion on Lines:

If your APR is for park with a later opening and you book a G+ LL at 7am in a park that opens earlier but you will hop to, then the time for your second G+ LL “pull” is dictated by the opening of the park you booked your first G+ LL in - and this could be earlier than you’d expect!

Example: APR for EP (10 opens). At 7, they booked G+ LL for SDD (2:30-3:30) at HS (9 opens). Their next “pull” for a second G+ LL was at 11, not 12, and were able to book G+ LL for MFSR (4:30-5:30).

ETA: They had also booked an ILL for ROTR (5:10-6:10) during their 7:00 a.m. drop.

8 Likes

Nice Intel! I’ve been so slammed this week so sticking to the forum, one Facebook group and my own observations. But chat seems to have some good intel.

5 Likes

My brain is going to explode.

15 Likes

This makes an Epcot to HS plan far more appealing. Sleep in, have a good lunch, then head over to HS with a ton of LL in hand.

13 Likes

I can attest to that!

5 Likes

That’s accounting for ya :crazy_face: especially tax season.

5 Likes