The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

DFB explains that they received a BG “experience redemption” that they could use at anytime since RotR was temporarily shut down after they paid to ride. When asked what would happen if the ride never reopened for the day, the CM told them they would be refunded at that time.

The Attraction We PAID to Ride Broke Down THREE Times in Disney World — Here’s What Happened Next! | the disney food blog

4 Likes

I thought I read somewhere that it was difficult to book different attractions for members of your group, for example: DS and I want to ride BTMRR, but DH and DD8 want to ride on the Ariel ride while we do that. I can’t seem to find where I read that, maybe chat, maybe Disney Tourist Blog… has anyone else heard anything about this?

3 Likes

I’ve heard not so much that it is difficult, but that your plans will be a mess since it will list all the various plans sequentially. Just a lot of clutter in the itinerary. But I could have missed something.

3 Likes

My ADR day is Saturday and I am questioning everything based on these strategies!

5 Likes

I would focus more on what you want to do each day. You will have to be a little flexible, but this is the golden age for Genie+ for those with access to all this information. It’s still new enough that most people won’t be using it effectively.

7 Likes

I am realizing I actually have no park ADRs planned except Oga’s an Savis on my epic SWGE evening. So, technically we can play it by ear. Our only limits APR availability, and extra evening hours.

I see my beautifully colored chart of park schedules being totally thrown out the window :joy:

6 Likes

This is what I’m counting on!

2 Likes

@Jeff_AZ Thank you sooooo much!!! I can finally start to wrap my head around all of this new nonsense and total confusion. I figure if I start learning everything now I should be a pro by time my trip rolls around a year (or more) from now.

5 Likes

I’m realizing that this is more confusing at WDW for a couple of reasons (compared to MaxPass). Park hopping takes time, in CA it’s like walking across MK. Park hopping has a 2 pm restriction, which CA may have now but didn’t when I was there. Parks can open at different times. And there is a separate paid component that has different rules.

Beyond that it’s mostly the same as MaxPass. But you add all those other variables and hte interactions between them get a lot more complex.

5 Likes

Great points. WDW adds a whole lot of complexity.

FYI at DLR it is now 1pm.

3 Likes

That being said, understanding maxpass goes a long way. I’m super grateful to have used it once pre-pandemic.

5 Likes

Thanks for this Jeff!

3 Likes

I barely made it 4 years in Big 4. Can confirm the soul-sucking :rofl:

3 Likes

Hey at least I didn’t work for the IRS! (no offense to anyone that did lol) :joy:

3 Likes

My internship at a local firm broke me. Public accounting is not for me! Now I’m in legal…

3 Likes

Not for me either (and I don’t know how I lasted that long)! Still in tax accounting but corporate now.

2 Likes

Thanks @Jeff_AZ for creating this thread!

I thought this might be useful, confirmation about refunds if an ILL$ ride goes down (after the first day’s confusion and gift cards).

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/disney-genie/news/21oct2021-disney-world-spokesman-says-automated-refunds-coming-for-lighting-lane-purchases-impacted-by-ride-closures.htm

6 Likes

Thanks - I added a note that you may receive an automatic refund in these circumstances.

3 Likes

Curious me, just copied and pasted the lead post into Word. It’s 4 full pages long! That’s with narrow margins. Good work!

4 Likes

Wow! I think I typed it up in less than an hour! College me would have been so proud! :rofl:

By the way, I’d like to thank everyone for helping me earn my third Great Topic badge. :joy:

21 Likes