Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - any liners planning to book this?

This is a cool idea. I suspect Disney wouldn’t do it becaue they consider each cruise to be “immersive” but there really is a big difference. On a normal “cruise” I would introduce myself as myself. On a LARPing “cruise” I would introduce myself as a my character. Foe the people who want to do the later, having a reserved cruise could make a huge difference.

2 Likes

I put up a relevant poll in the thread below:

2 Likes

We are cruising end of April, and as we are cosplayers also, plan on having multiple outfits for different experiences that are “in galaxy”. We are a part of a FB group of Galactic Starcruiser costuming… and we are definitely at the low end of what people are doing for immersion. There are guests making horns, doing makeup, having evening “loungewear” for after dinner… and discussions on how to hide “earthly” tattoos to keep the immersive experience. I think there will be a place for everyone.

4 Likes

This reminds me of being in Batu week before last, and thinking that it would have been so much cooler if it wasn’t chock full of people with Minnie/Mickey ears on. It took me right out of the story. Please don’t be mad at me. I generally like the ears!

3 Likes

You could always consider that those people are touring Batu directly from Earth. And that is how Earth people dress.

2 Likes

We are booked on the 3/3 voyage. I will gladly provide a trip report for those who are interested. If anyone who is going on a future voyage has specific questions, let me know. I am a casual star wars fan and not at all into LARP (I am an extreme introvert so this concept is actually slightly anxiety-inducing). DH is the huge, lifelong star wars fan so this is really all for him, I am just along for the ride. He purchased some of the clothing that is on ShopDisney for the Starcruiser participants and has jedi robes…etc. I will be wearing “regular” clothes but in the color and style that won’t make me look like a Disney tourist but that aren’t over the top.

17 Likes

Question #1: Can you fly the ship into a Sun? Not saying do it, but if you ask a cast member…

Question #2: Often, a holo transmission from the Big Bad will show up to give a speech. Y’know, to scare the citizens or inspire them…what have ya. So do you think Chapek’s speech will be long or…?

Question #3: Why does a cruise ship need to be armed? Can we expect the Disney Dream to be outfitted with torpedoes?
Question #3a: Can guests fire them?

12 Likes

:laughing:

3 Likes

Next question:

2 Likes

what does a child need with a hotwheels car?

2 Likes

OK this got me recalling a Twilight Zone episode “Stopover in a Quiet Town”…

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/lentesta/status/1496984586278035458?s=21

7 Likes

From Len’s actual reports, looks like we have to embrace it & go with a character. Will have to tell the kids about it early enough to prepare & hope they’ll go along with the play.

4 Likes

I’m going as some sort of royalty. The husband is going as a scoundrel. My son is going as a child being summoned to the dark side.

My daughter is going as either “a complaining teenager who doesn’t want to be on this trip” or “someone who is lost in space”.

4 Likes

She could be a princess… just saying :joy: Yes, teenage girls. Could always go with a rugged/ spacelike/ renegade/ space punk/ too cool for this type of thing type of non-actual character. Research and find some clothing that =s cool. Don’t let her know she’s “in character” , just you want to get her some new (Disney) clothing so she can blend into the background. Obviously if you like it, that’s not it. Wait till you see something and go ,OMG, who wears that. THAT will be the costumes (albeit deceiving one).

Yeah. Those are not unique to planet earth I’m afraid. Hope she has studied well enough to pull it off!

3 Likes

For your daughter, she could watch some of the Clone Wars episodes (season 7, episodes 5-8) featuring a teenage Ahsoka Tano, such as when she was with a couple teen sisters, Trace and Rafa Martinez, who were very independent with strong personalities. Your daughter might get some ideas for clothing - and attitude found in Star Wars environs.

1 Like

An update from my family:

Initially we were planning to do the Galactic Starcruiser next May (2023) when we take my wife’s parents with us to WDW / UOR. However, after reading that many of the activities require a minimum age of 7, we decided to defer our trip until our youngest is 7 (4 years or so). Also this will allow us to save more money and pretend to be more frugal. :joy:

Right now our long-term plan is:

2023: WDW & UOR trip
2025: DCL & WDW + UOR?
2027: SWGSC & WDW + UOR
etc.

We also plan to continue going to DLR in our off-years, or in addition to WDW.

9 Likes

My kids are older (11 and 15) but they seemed to have a LOT of activities for ages 7 and under. One of our few complaints is that we had a lot of downtime (and we were very active participants). One of the downtime periods was when there were only “lothcat crew” activities, which are recommended for ages 7 and under. There were definitely some plans that little kids got to partake in that adults otherwise didn’t and some other plans that adults wouldn’t not have physically been able to do. In the meetings for the side I was on, littler kids also got some special attention.

From what I have read, they had a special lightsaber class for under 7s (originally they were saying under 7s would miss this).

They were definitely babies on our cruise so all ages are welcome. That being said, I think it would be hard to attend with a toddler but also that any vacation is hard with a toddler. :joy:

2 Likes

That is helpful to know! There are multiple reasons to defer this once-in-a-lifetime experience until the kids are a little older, but maybe we’ll do it in 3 years instead of 5.