Special edition of Disney Dish Podcast out. Len stays at Star Wars Galactic Cruiser

I agree he should say if this is ok! I was just asking here to see how he might feel about a Hank button.

I would never want to do anythi g without his ok.

2 Likes

Absolutely, and wouldnā€™t think you would. Sorry it had to be your suggestion where it had to be brought up.

But this community can get carried away(for better or worse) and it had to be said. Just thinking back at the frenzy that was generated at the genie t-shirt, where everyone was just ā€œletā€™s do this!ā€ And i, like a dummy, just went along with it thinking Len had full knowledge of it from the jump. But then finding out Len was like ā€œwait wut?ā€ Unnerved the hell out of me.

1 Like

I guess I missed that and it wasnā€™t in the Len is my Genie shirt thread?

2 Likes

It was.

1 Like

I guess I interpret that post differently.

I am adding that I agree that anything with Lenā€™s image needs approval. @Randall1028 , you think Len should have approved the visual before it was posted on the thread? Valid point but I didnā€™t read
Lenā€™s post as a negative post?I

2 Likes

If you wanted to make a button, maybe just use the directors name in a star wars stylized font and maybe the working title of his 10th film.

1 Like

I think itā€™s actually a fundamental attribute of a Liner. We aint the normies showing up to the taps at 11a headed to CoP per genie suggestions, skipping AK cause itā€™s just a big zoo and desperately searching for Hogwarts inside HS. We have alarms set for 7:08 SDD drop, RD Sacred Spaces, fly across the pond on a whim cause we just canā€™t get enough, have our dads drive us hours to the airport so we dont miss a day, fly down for 1 night trips using flight credits as an excuse, convince our WFH spouse to WFWDW for a couple months insteadā€¦

Our enthusiasm needs both your badges and your temperance, @Randall1028. Thanks for the reminder to pull back.

6 Likes

Hear me out, but I have a way to keep the Hank Lonely spirit alive. No need to likenesses or anything like that. For future trips to the Galactic Star Cruiser, part of the backstory should be that they wanted to stay on the same ship that Hank Lonely once stayed on. The reason is because they are a big fan and loved his 9 part documentary.

11 Likes

Iā€™m glad to add being a Hank Lonely fan to my backstory for my trip in June.

His review, and Ordinary Adventures vlogs, sealed the deal for DH that we should do this and keep our res. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

My back story is gonna have to be that I stowed away in a paying passengerā€™s suitcase.

10 Likes

Will that be a little too on-the-nose with reality though? :laughing:

4 Likes

From all the descriptions I know that me and my DD would love this. If it continues to get good reviews it might be something we save up for. I am concerned about my DH. He is deaf in one ear, it makes it difficult to hear things in crowded rooms with multiple conversations, locate where sound is coming from. There is also that issue with people comingnup to speak quietly in one ear and he doesnā€™t even know they are saying something to him.

I am seriously wondering if he would really be able to participate or whether it would be an excercise in frustration. As people participate, would love feedback!

2 Likes

I saw Carlye Wisel share info on accessibility considerations on her IG stories.

Given how on top of dietary concerns they are (weā€™re going to need to talk to chef), my guess is if the hearing concern is brought up, the CMs will make a real effort to address it.

3 Likes

Thanks, I listen to her podcast so hopefully she will cover it on that too.

We recntly discovered the sound amplifiers at broadway shows. Not necessary at most shows, but eseential for theatres with bad accoustics. Maybe they will have somethingike that.

I would be shocked if they didnā€™t have a system built in. New school buildings have systems built into every classroom these days and when our district upgraded our auditorium sound system we installed a sound amplification system (and it is posted on entry doors to let people know).

Thats good to know. The other challenge is getting him ised to using those tools! Iā€™m going to do a.little internet research!

1 Like

No one has said anything about @len 's, aka Hankā€™s, comment at the end: where to spend that $5 grand, and if you should spend that 5 grand on the Starcruiser; I LOVE that he talked about seeing the country and Europe first! It made me appreciate our military familyā€™s life and getting to see so much of the country knowing that some ppl never leave their own backyard their entire lives. Anyway, those comments touched my heart, for some reason, and revived some plans for overseas.

9 Likes

Great point. Didnā€™t even think about this. Just thought it was already out in the world, but yes, definitely need Len on board 100% before following through with this :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It was me who tagged you and Iā€™m glad I did. You brought up a very important point.

1 Like

I am not very good at this, but I used the font called ā€œStar Jedi Logo Monolineā€ to create something like this.

I am thinking a button with a movie name in the middle.

6 Likes