"Len is My Genie+" T-shirt

I agree with that point. Zazzle seems to have issues with a lot of our designs (I still can’t figure out if they don’t think @Randall1028 has the rights to his own designs or if they don’t think TouringPlans has the right to use the TP logo on some designs but the plus sign is just “poking the bear”).

3 Likes

Love the design! I don’t think the “plus” is necessary since those who get the joke get it without the “plus.”

I personally like the Genie color on the mock up but if you are looking for suggestions, what about orchid?

This makes sense. Whatever can be done to stay under their radar - even though it shouldn’t be necessary - is probably a good idea.

1 Like

I would keep the touring plans logo where it is on the front. Kinda drives the point home and makes sense there. The plus isn’t necessary but it won’t keep me from buying a shirt if it gets voted to leave it there :slight_smile:

1 Like

What if you removed the + and put a smaller “t” logo in its place or just offset to slightly below, and then carried it over to the back in full size?

I was thinking about people not knowing who Len is. I have had occasion to see someone wearing a shirt, at a running event, that said something like “We run for Henry”. And I didn’t know who Henry was, but it got me to do a search for a team that was running for Henry and I learned a whole lot about him. So being slightly vague could draw some people in to look up Len/touringplans in a similar way. Or maybe I’m just the one crazy person who does that - always possible.

3 Likes

Y’all are too funny. As a strong introvert, I have … feelings … about being the (figurative) face of this company. The shirt is funny, so let’s go with it. And thank you.

19 Likes

I just ordered a Tshirt from shop disny and it actually used Zazzle to make.my shirt . “Powered by zazzle” or something like that. I think it is all about not biting the hand that feeds them!

3 Likes

Can I also add a dry fit version would be awesome!

I don’t think Zazzle has that option as a product. :frowning:

Very excited for this shirt!

Oddly enough, the teal has grown on me.

6 Likes

Here’s another thought on the logo front vs back …I’ll just point out that when you’re at Disney, most of the time you’re looking at people’s back sides (like it or not). Whether you’re behind them in a queue, at the restaurant counter, at a pre-show, at the fireworks, or on a ride, you’re constantly looking at peoples backs. The shirts will be free advertising for touring plans and why not advertise NOT having to wait in line while you’re waiting in line! I don’t know, maybe you could do both???

And love the colors! The gold and purple (orchid) are really nice!

1 Like

how do I get one?

1 Like

What’s the cost difference going from 2 to 3 colors?

First response with the gold genie was: if genies aren’t gold, what color are they really?

Generally, blue. If you look it up from a cultural fable/mythological view, they are mostly blue.

1 Like

I like the gold - but how about with a touringplans red lamp?

2 Likes

This was discussed a lot with the achievement badge t-shirts. There’s good arguments for both, and it certainly is something I’m always thinking about, but the biggest take away is no one is going to lose out on either option so long as the message isn’t confusing and or long-winded.

Doing both is definitely an option, but zazzle’s setup is a bit of a PITA, so to make it easier (out the gate), we probably should make a decision on the front/back thing outta the gate. Tell Jeff to make a poll :wink:

once the thing is finalized (or at least more finalized), it’ll be on the TP store over at Zazzle. https://www.zazzle.com/store/touringplans

zilch. We can go crazy with the colors. The only time costs start going up is when we start doing front and back printing.

5 Likes

That’s pretty sharp looking

1 Like

Have simply scrolled and looked at the mock ups and would vote for the white/grey with red.

1 Like

I agree - with the grey background the grey/white genie is the one that caught my eye

1 Like