Special edition of Disney Dish Podcast out. Len stays at Star Wars Galactic Cruiser

Nice! As mentioned, Hank Lonely belongs to someone. So any use of this should get approval from the owner of the name. I don’t see the harm of mentioning it “Like Im a fan of Hank Lonely” on the SC but printed should definitely get full, enthusiastic approval or I would scrap it as a printed design, or maybe get a suggestion from the owner what he may be ok with as an alternative.

Of course…all of it is Hank Lonely’s creative vision and should run across his desk.

2 Likes

Isn’t Hank’s surname spelled Lonely? That’s what some of the early TP tweets used.

1 Like

If you have the chance, ask the Cruise Director whether they’re showing the 9-part epic “Space Robots in Outer Space” on the ship. I’m trying to make this a running joke on the Starcruiser.

18 Likes

That sounds like a great suggestion for more T-shirt designs!

1 Like

5 Likes

I’m good with whatever Hank Lonely “fan” merch y’all want to do. Let me know if I can help with images or anything.

The premise of the movies, in case it’s needed, is that Hank’s 9-part film EXACTLY mirrored what happend in “real life” in the Star Wars universe (except the character names were different - C3PO is “Oscar” in Hank’s films, and R2-D2 is “Mailbox”, but you have to pronounce it with a heavy southern accent, like “may-el box”). Also, the upcoming 10th film is an untitled musical.

I didn’t specifically name any of Hank’s 9 movies, so if y’all want to workshop some titles here, I’m on board. I was thinking that some of the titles should reference either an obscure scene from the corresponding SW film, one of the bit characters, or one of the pop culture references from the SW canon. Like, if we can incorporate the blaster “Pew pew” sound into a title, that might be funny.

10 Likes

Yes. Yeeeesss…

5 Likes

That’s being workshopped

3 Likes

The bunks’ mattresses were very, very firm. Also, because you’re in a 6-sided cube with only 1 open side, there’s not a lot of air circulation. They should install small fans, like those on Amtrak sleeper compartments.

2 Likes

Send an email to Christina - she’s sending them out. Christina@touringplans.com.

3 Likes

I envision a short production similar to Rogers: The Musical, which is a mid-credits scene of the Hawkeye series finale.

3 Likes

Sadly, I don’t have that kind of money. If Touringplans wants to send me then I can continue the legend for you. You know, for science (fiction) or something.

I have to say that I explained the backstory to my coworkers and I’m pretty sure they think I’m crazy (well, crazier).

7 Likes

I’ll throw out a few suggestions:

Star Wars Episode 4 = Blue Harvest

• A literal word swap of the working title = “Azure Yield”
  • Blue Milk is iconic from the film = “The Milk Is Not Always Blue”

Star Wars Episode 5 = The Empire Strikes Back

• “The Kingdom Wears Black”
  • Since they destroyed their space planet in the last movie = “We Can’t Have Nice Things”

Star Wars Episode 6 = The Return of the Jedi

• Since they rescue Han Solo = “I Want My Friend Back”
  • The Emperor is overthrown = “The Monarch Is Cast Out”, “Down with the Monarchy”
  • We get to see the Ewoks = “Fuzzy and Small You Say I Am”
13 Likes

You are so creative!!!

There are so many creative liners. I’m in awe :star_struck:

4 Likes

OMG! I love all of these :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I felt the same after listening! The FOMO is real!

3 Likes

Too bad Hank Lonely is on the side of the Resistance. His films could have been from the Empire/Sith/First Order perspective showing them as the good guys.

4 Likes

From twitter

https://twitter.com/touringplans/status/1500276466080268289?s=21

9 Likes

Brilliant :joy:

1 Like