Special edition of Disney Dish Podcast out. Len stays at Star Wars Galactic Cruiser

Woke up this morning and was greeted with a notice on my phone that a new episode of Disney Dish podcast. @len and his sister Christina were among the first paying customers and they share their experience. Must be nice to go on one of WDW most expensive visits and get to write it off as a business expense. I think Len is a source that almost all of us trust. I will be listening while driving to work this morning.

10 Likes

Linky thing

5 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes

I listened to about the first half on my drive in this morning and it is really good coverage.

What I think I might appreciate most of all is that it features both ends of the fan spectrum, and the desire to participate in the story. Len is on the one extreme, and Christina on the other. I definitely find myself identifying more with Christina and therefore appreciate her input.

I’m exhausted listening to it though! I find it interesting to hear Len describe himself as an introvert. 10 hours of that kind of environment on day one alone, with another 24+hours to come would absolutely slay me (also an introvert).

Looking forward to listening to the rest on my drive home this evening!

9 Likes

I got to the arrival in Batuu on my drive to work. I am looking forward to finishing it on my drive home. It sounds exhausting to me!

2 Likes

Sounds like if you like escape rooms or things like murder mystery dinner parties then this would be a great experience for you. I really like the point of view from a non Star Wars person, I have not even considered visiting this since my wife could not care less about Star Wars and I would not even consider spending money for this without her coming along as well.

I have only heard the first half hour so far so I really am interested in her final impression

1 Like

We are going to have to start referring to you as Hank Lonely :wink:

9 Likes

I’m only about 24 mins in and all I can picture is Hank Lonely in a shooter type Han Solo pose with the caption “This is the most Len Len has ever Len’d” (changed the tense a little bit). I was driving when I heard Christina say it and had to pause because I was dying, laughing so hard! Len’s enthusiasm and excitement is beaming through my phone and his adventure (for me) has barely just begun. I haven’t watched any media reviews of the SWGC. I was waiting for an actual peer review, and who better to listen to than @Len!

9 Likes

I’ve given you 14 minutes to fix this. Hoping it was only a typo.

HAN Solo, not HANS! :joy:

1 Like

Im at work, lol, I was on a forklift typing, no proof reading. Will fix now :crazy_face: I

3 Likes

Just poking fun. I think it is rather funny. Hans Solo is Han’s German-speaking cousin.

2 Likes

Actually, I think it was typed as Hansola at first! One handed typing is hard. :rofl:

1 Like

This is the only Hans I know

5 Likes

I am starting to understand Christina’s attitude and thoughts about this stay

14 Likes

10 Likes

No texting and driving a forklift :grimacing:

7 Likes

Well, I was waiting for the delivery driver to get a pallet to the back of the truck. He didn’t know what he was doing :unamused: So technically not texting and driving but maybe texting and forklifting :grin:

3 Likes

:laughing: had to say something

1 Like

I usually use speech to text but then have lots of correcting to do. Apparently it doesn’t understand me so it really defeats the purpose. No texting and driving, promise!

2 Likes

I believe you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I use voice to text too. And often make no corrections so the recipient has a puzzle to solve :rofl:

3 Likes