Special edition of Disney Dish Podcast out. Len stays at Star Wars Galactic Cruiser

Just finished listening. Here are some items I picked up on during my initial listen to the podcast:

• If you have not experienced the world at large, you should probably spend your money on that first.
  • Only after experiencing the world at large, then think about dropping the money on this experience.
  • The food is good and currently at a level with Boma.

To get the most out of the experience, you may want to:

• Plan and prepare how you will approach the experience.
  • Interact with everyone.
  • Interact with your data pad as much as you can.
  • Do every possible side mission to get the most out of the experience.
  • Pick a ā€œsideā€ and make it known to characters and staff.

Some items I noticed when listening that may be an issue:

• It sounds exhausting.
  • It appears like you need to be going 24/7 to get the most out of the experience.
  • You may miss out on or get less of an interaction due to customers who will try to dominate the time and discussions with the characters.
  • You are being watched and profiled constantly while in the experience.
9 Likes

Truly excellent podcast episode. Iā€™m so impressed with the work @len put into his character and backstory and his participation :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

Iā€™m confused about all the dancing.
So the video above. Thatā€™s like some kind of group participation thing. Whatā€™s that all about? This is a different thing to Hankā€™s routine with the stormtroopers presumably??

Iā€™m still not convinced that Iā€™m the target market for the Halcyon cruise. I LOVE Star Wars but I cannot role play to save my life. I would WANT to join in, but the AmDram aspect would make me tense up and be shy (which Iā€™m not actually).

I really appreciate the advice that implies that there are more enriching travels* to take before thinking about spending that kind of money on the Starcruiser. Iā€™m glad Len thought it was worth the price after that though. Did Chrissy agree with that assessment?

*sorry for being pedantic @len, but the UK hasnā€™t actually moved anywhere. Weā€™re still geographically in Europe. We just politically left the European Union. :wink:

I really should listen to The Disney Dish more regularly. I feel like this is akin to asking how much something costs in Poundland/Dollar Store, but are there also UOR episodes in The Disney Dish??

10 Likes

After listening to this podcast my DH wants to do this, and he wants to go all in w/ costumes and backstories :flushed:.

11 Likes

Do it!

2 Likes

Uhhh oooo! :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you @len for your service, this was an excellent overview. I really appreciate the perspective of both you and Christina, it was good to get both extremes

I was also glad to hear you tried the bunk bed. My biggest hesitation with this (outside of the price) is that I would go with a group of adult men and the sleeping arrangements do not seem well suited for that. Sounds like we could at least fit on the bunk bed, but it would be unpleasant

Sounds like I need to see more of this world before going to a galaxy far far away

4 Likes

:rofl: Iā€™m not gonnaā€™ lie, was caught off guard by his reaction

ā€¦ but you only live once :wink: I guess :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Just finished listening

Gotta say that hearing @len 's voice crack and hearing him get emotional describing that one scene in the experience got me right in the feels :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And seriously? Youā€™ve never been to Maine?! We have some fabulous Liners from way up thayah who could show you around, like @kjsprouse_577366

Get on up this way.

And thanks for the great show about this adventure. I hope Hank Lonely finds success with that next film of his!

10 Likes

How would one get a signed copy of a publicity photo?

Asking for a friend.

This.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

8 Likes

I just finished listening on my way home. It was so great to much Len put into/got out of the experience.

Although I never plan on booking it I am sure I am not the only listener/liner planning their ā€œback storyā€ just in case.

8 Likes

I listened to it twice. This experience may not be for me but it can totally be magical for a lot of ppl!

3 Likes

OMG, I was thinking the same thing! I think it should be made into a button to wear at WDW! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Or a shirt!

2 Likes

I feel the same way and know a friend who would thrive in this environment.

3 Likes

If DH could get over the price, he would totally ā€œgeek-outā€. But sadly, we canā€™t drop that much cash on a 2 day experience, justifiably. We would always say ā€œBut that much can get us thisā€. With only 100 rooms per trip, I get the math behind the price tag but man, thatā€™s a lot of money for us. Our cost of living and wages in our state is a bit below the national average. I always think of this when I price a DW vacation. I think my few thousand (sometimes more) is not the same as anotherā€™s few thousand. So I then reconcile Disney envy of the elite :joy:

2 Likes

I loved it! DS and I board on 3/27 and I would love to have a "Hank Lonely " button to see if any CM would comment. It would be cool if every Liner going wore one!

Any way to make this happen?

9 Likes

Yesssss

2 Likes

Make one online and wear it! A square one so you can add a pic too!

@Randall1028 interested in designing?

I was just hoping for one of Hankā€™s pictures to be on one
Whichever picture he wanted - or his publicity photo.

1 Like

Not really.

In all seriousness, and no offense meant to @justjan , but there should be an ask to Len first if he even wants his likeness used like that before you all Jump and say ā€œwe should make a button (or tshirt)!ā€

I was personally weirded out when I learned Len had no knowledge of the genie tshirt idea until it was pretty much done. I thought he was in on it. He rolled with it, but in reality he shouldnā€™t have if it made him the least bit uneasy(which I got the impression it did) .

3 Likes