Space 220 opening September 2021

I think that’s the key. Does the food quality help shore up the price, or is this a “just paying for the experience and checking a box on eating a meal”?

I’m thinking the comparison would be something like BOG?

1 Like

For me, I’m not willing to pay to eat lousy food because the room is pretty. I am willing to ignore pricing almost entirely if the food has me swooning. (Don’t tell Chapek, unless you tell him that I’m also not willing to pay for what used to be free – eg CG dessert/fireworks shin-dig thingie)

3 Likes

I will be waking up at 5:30 on the 20th to try and secure a reservation. Too much FOMO for me to not do it on my November trip. It’ll be my reward for finishing the half! I promise to provide the group with my most honest feedback!

5 Likes

Exactly the sort of louche degeneracy and fiscal insanity one would expect from a decadent coastal elitist, whose every breath expresses caustic contempt for the hale and hearty heartland values of American heartlanders from the heartland of America. Plus you own DVC.

5 Likes

I am literally the worst.

3 Likes

I figuratively hate you™.

1 Like

Yes, and I am also explaining my experience. Just a different point of view. You want to spend $79 or $100 on a meal, have at it. That is not something I am willing to do in my experience.

I have an f’n name, people.

5 Likes

Sorry, I couldn’t remember who said it and scrolling back on a phone is really annoying on this forum. It tends to jump back like 50 posts at one time.

2 Likes

lol it’s cool. I’m not actually angry. It was just funny that was the 2nd “someone did this…” post today that was referencing it.

3 Likes

Well, you are someone. I hope.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Oh. Note to Self: I’ll have to remember this phrase. Up thread.
On another unrelated forum I once told someone to “read up a bit”
In addition to plenty of vitriol, I got his curriculum vitae listing everything he had ever read even remotely related to the subject and his academic qualifications
Proving only he was a maliciously verbose bore.
Up thread could have avoided that.

6 Likes

One of the more unspoken rules around here is repeating answers to repeated questions is A-OK cause it’s often missed in its original place.

Only once in a while you’ll see someone lose it when someone didn’t search or read the whole thread to get the answer that’s already been asked.

Like this A-hole:

7 Likes

Thank God it’s not literally!

1 Like

Got it :wink:

1 Like

Soooo on the 20th reservations will open up at 6 am est? What time do dessert parties open up for reservations? Also 6 (on the 17th obviously)?

Can’t help but think you were referring to @missoverexcited’s blurred image on the other thread, and was wondering “um… sure, but what’s that got to do with Space 220” :grin:

2 Likes

Afraid not. I haven’t visited that thread pretty much at all.

So I’m not following the train of thought at all. Even after reading the image as I’m not a jr, either.

1 Like