“Opening Winter 2022!”

7 Likes

Open the ADR window HAL

5 Likes

Yes I think that was the case.

1 Like

Well done

3 Likes

I’m sorry @GreyingMouser I’m afraid I can’t do that.

5 Likes

The Story of a Voice: HAL in '2001' Wasn't Always So Eerily Calm - The New York Times

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

5 Likes

Space 220 has unveiled its prix fixe menu and pricing.

Adults: $79 (dinner) and $55 (lunch)
Kids: $29 (lunch and dinner)

Restaurant opens on Sept. 20.

Menu: https://space220fla.com/menu

5 Likes

Disney blog with pictures https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/09/space-220-restaurant-at-epcot-more-details-and-menus-revealed/?CMP=SOC-DPFY21Q4wo0909210076A&fbclid=IwAR1uUFD92UwhSyoIABKXIhAj7PN2hTHG0fihBa9LhOw-0Lq1OkF3gOt7MZA

2 Likes

This is one of my favorite cheap reds that I always keep on hand. I was thinking, “Oh, that’s pretty pretty reasonable” and then realized it’s per glass. :joy:

TEMPRANILLO, CAMPO VIEJO, LA RIOJA, SPAIN | 14

(It’s $44 on their wines by the bottle.)

Still, less pricey than the others and it’s a favorite of mine for the comparative price.

3 Likes

This is a great wine! Although it’s usually around $12 by me.

Seems like bottles of wine at restaurants are marked up 2-3x the liquor store price. Alcohol is where most restaurants make their profit, it’s easy to see why!

3 Likes

$79 is more agreeable for me for dinner.

1 Like

Reservations go live 9/20, first reservation will be 9/27 (ahem - delayed opening)

2 Likes

I’m honest surprised there isn’t star lord on board to greet you…

Oh - missed this yesterday. $79 seems a lot more reasonable. If it gets great reviews we would consider this for our one special meal.

$79 is more reasonable than WHAT? It was “leaked” as $79. I think people were saying $100 because once you add tax and tip, it is ~$100.

1 Like

It was leaked as $100pp, just as the children’s one was leaked as $29pp. Go on up thread to see that - screenshots and everything.

$79pp is more reasonable than $100pp. Because it’s $21 less. I am likely to spend $79 on dinner at many places on property for TS; I am only willing to spend $100 for somewhere I know will knock it out of the park every time like CG

I still am likely to hold off until this has been tried and tested and vetted by many. But simple math tells you $79pp is better than $10pp0 if you’re looking to spend less.

Finally, I have my own theory that they leaked $100pp because then the real price of $79pp wouldn’t seem so bad. Hate to say it but it worked, at least on me.

1 Like

I’ve never spent $79 on one meal for one person and I eat TS at DW. I also don’t buy alcohol at meals, which tends to make a big difference. So for me, that is a lot of $$$ for one meal.

I think the issue of the $100 was addressed in the other thread. Someone was adding an add on steak to make it $100.

1 Like

I thought the $100 came from the Bone in Prime Ribeye upcharge?

1 Like

Which is totally fine. I was just explaining my experience and what I am willing to spend on dinner at TS.

I’m well aware there are more affordable options out there.

2 Likes

I spent $80 on my solo lunch at Y&Y last trip. No worries!

2 Likes