SOLO: A WDW Story (Aug 20-28)

Heads up for anybody that might be staying at AsMo, unlike POP you still can’t order at the individual stations. You can either mobile order or order at the register and then they give a little buzzer thing and you go to a table to pick up your food.

Oh, and I spoke with a CM in the store here at AsMo about package delivery to the resorts from the parks and she said she heard it was supposed to be coming back “soon” but she wasn’t really sure and sounded kind of skeptical. She said it’s been difficult on the resort stores because people are buying more things there and they keep running out of stock.

6 Likes

I’m going to try to do a nightly post summarizing my day, including things I may not have included in earlier posts, thoughts about things I experienced, saw, etc. This is my nightly post for Aug. 21.

1. TRANSPORTATION: After the difficulty getting here today was a complete turnaround! I hardly had to wait for any buses. Btw most of the buses I took today were actual Disney transportation, not chartered buses. The one exception was the bus that picked me up at POP for Disney Springs. Oh, and the Skyliner was wonderfuI! I rode it from EPCOT to POP. The way it speeds up going into the stations is a little disconcerting, though.

2. GETTING INTO VACATION MODE: It was nice getting settled in today. I’m glad I made this a stress free day just getting some food and going to Disney Springs rather than jumping right into a park.

3. PEOPLE: I can’t say with certainty yet because I haven’t visited any of the parks but there don’t seem to be a ton of people. Don’t get me wrong, there are definitely people. Cape May was filled with diners as was Olivia’s but just in the walking around Disney Springs and the resorts I visited (today it was POP and OKW) It just didn’t seem all that busy. I’m hoping that remains to be the case inside the parks.

4. The CMs: The CMs I’ve met so far have all been helpful when I needed help and otherwise very friendly and what you expect from Disney cast members. I had wonderful servers at Cape May, Jock Lindsey’s and Olivia’s. All very friendly and attentive without making me feel rushed or like they were hovering. For all the recent complaints I’ve seen people have about rude CMs or bad servers I have not experienced any of that since my arrival.

5. ALL STAR MOVIES: I really love my room! It’s such a smart, efficient design and I LOVE IT. I’m traveling solo so it’s plenty spacious. I could definitely see how it might feel crowded if there were four people but the way they’ve used the space is very effective. OH! And I requested room 7918 in Love Bug but got room 7943 instead. They’re on different wings of building 7 but the room itself is great. My specific requests were non-connecting and a tub. My room has a tub! And it’s connecting but I don’t think anybody is in the room next door because it’s been very quiet. So they did a pretty good job even though it wasn’t exactly the room I requested.

Day 1 of vacation down! Next up: Boma breakfast buffet and AK tomorrow!

18 Likes

It’s been super quiet in the parks the last couple of days, I hope it continues for you. I love Boma breakfast! Enjoy!

3 Likes

BOMA!!! That was my first trip to the buffet! So much yummy looking food!

15 Likes

So far so good not seeing a lot of basic breakfast there :smiley:

When you have time later, I’d love to hear more about the things you ate

3 Likes

Oh, I will definitely give my thoughts on later! That was just the first pass, so I got a mix of standard (cheese omelet, bacon, potato barrels) and more distinctive things (sweet plantains - YUM, bobotie, roasted tomatoes, asparagus). They have a nice mix of standard breakfast buffet items and more interesting and distinctive things.

4 Likes

That is such good news. It’s always a bummer to me when places don’t show off what makes them unique and I was worried that Boma would reopen with less unique items than before. #stupidcovid

4 Likes

Round 2. Blueberry pancake, pap w/tomato sauce, more bobotie (the last time I got sort of the last in the pan so I wanted another try with a new batch), another sweet plantain because YUM, coconut oatmeal (I was told by the person at the serving station that is was REALLY good, if you like coconut), and avocado, papaya, and grapefruit salad.

12 Likes

Yum!!!

1 Like

My first missed bus! The AK bus was driving away as I was walking to the stop! So far I have had really great luck.

4 Likes

@OBNurseNH Your place!

12 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Her mood seems better today. She looks lovely!!

3 Likes

Plaintains? Yum!! I loved them at Tusker House, may have to go to Boma just to get them!

4 Likes

I am so excited for this breakfast on my departure day!! :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

@OBNurseNH Here she is from the walk on queue for It’s Tough to Be a Bug!

(Tip: that queue itself has some interesting photo opportunities but you also get some very nice views of the Tree of Life from there. Highly recommend.)

12 Likes

The weather today is much more bearable today. There’s been a nice little breeze off and on. Also, I’m dressed much better for the weather and remembered to bring my little fan. The little fan is LIFE CHANGING.

12 Likes

I’ve decided to wait until 4:30 to head to DHS because it was so hot yesterday and zapped me. Glad to hear it’s nicer today.

5 Likes

It seems to be heating up a bit more now or it’s more humid. I got the fan out. :joy:

2 Likes

Dole Whip break in the lovely shaded seating area for Tamu Tamu. Then off to the Conservation Station! AK is SO nice today. Very low crowds and very easy to socially distance. I love it!

13 Likes

Think I should go over to Pandora? :joy:

10 Likes