Rumor of opening?

I am hopeful that it would be okay, but what about DL??? That leaves like 4 rides!!! Only slightly exaggerating :joy:

4 Likes

I know!! lets keep our fingers crossed, either way this is very exciting and a step in the right direction

2 Likes

This one was posted in chat

2 Likes

I am already getting emails! :laughing: I wonder if they will do the ToD then open DL at the same time? I’ve been seeing reports of open only to CA residents but I do not think they would really look at every ID? MAybe. I do have a couple So Cal park hoppers still in my account that I’ve used 1 day of a 3 day

4 Likes

To be honest while I’d love to go to Disneyland, my anxiety would go through the roof if I had to do another lottery! 15% capacity will make it so hard to get. Also I would worry about circumventing the CA resident rule.

4 Likes

One of the friends mentioned April fools was trending on twitter but I didn’t check. I’m hoping since they are offering rooms the opening will be true :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Here is what the article @PrincipalTinker posted says:

there will be restrictions on the amount of time that can be spent on indoor rides

Also from the article:

Theme parks will be required to restrict their sales to California residents who will need to have an address in the Golden State to buy tickets.

4 Likes

Need a CA address but would you need to show a CA ID?

2 Likes

I wonder if each tickets needs to be verified. Like if I could get tickets and that’s all they’d check? Probably not :pensive:

1 Like

I’m seriously considering buying something in CA to give me a CA address … :thinking: Maybe a trailer in Blythe or Quartzsite. lol

3 Likes

As much as I want @Jeff_AZ to be able to go to Disneyland, I think Disney will check all adult IDs. That will be their due diligence. It’s kinda like DH’s company that did due diligence by asking employees everyday if they have been 150 miles outside the county.

2 Likes

I really don’t think so. I think they expected this to happen and might be a way to keep people over at DCA, while Disneyland opens. At least that is what I am hoping :blush:

2 Likes

You are totally right! And of all the places I’ve been Disneyland has always asked for my ID when using my AP for a discount or using a credit card too. They are on top of that! They even asked my DD for her school ID

1 Like

They do this when you’re activating a SoCal ticket. So I agree, they will check adults’ ID’s. I hope the CA restriction doesn’t last long. I think things will start to rapidly change when the numbers vaccinated reach a certain point.

3 Likes

I keep saying this to myself. No one could imagine the lockdown that we went through until it was almost upon us last year. Likewise, it’s hard to imagine things just all of a sudden going back to normal, but I truly believe it will be just as rapid and unexpected a return to normal as the lockdown.

5 Likes

“A ride that takes place indoors or goes into a building for a brief period of time may open if it meets both of these requirements.”

“…Disney parks will be reopening in a month…” ToD will still be going on in a month. Maybe they will just open DL to begin with.

1 Like

I read multiple articles, some saying no indoor rides, some saying indoor at reduced capacity. I guess we will see how it all breaks down.

Here is one article that states no indoor rides:

2 Likes

Hahaha! We overlapped!

1 Like

It also says: The limited reopening would not include indoor rides, Ghaly said, and theme parks initially would only be open to California residents.

It sounds like each indoor ride might need vetting to get a waiver according to whatever the capacity and time frame conditions are.

1 Like

:crazy_face: