Rumor of opening?

Today they took down the Chadwick Boseman mural and put up the Raya one

1 Like

The Raya one is cute, but I much prefer the Chadwick one!

3 Likes

I think that’s TERRIBLE to have done.

4 Likes

Hmmmm, Just speculating about which rides would be affected.

Here are rides that are entirely or almost entirely outdoors:

• Big Thunder Mountain
  • Tarzan’s Tree House
  • Mark Twain / Columbia
  • King Arthur Carousel
  • Dumbo
  • Teacups
  • Casey Jr Circus Train
  • Storybookland Canal Boats
  • Autopia
  • Incredicoaster
  • Grizzly River Run
  • Emotional Whirlwind
  • Golden Zephyr
  • Jumpin’ Jellyfish
  • Goofy’s Flight School
  • Jessie’s Critter Carousel
  • Master’s Junkyard Jamboree
  • Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
  • Silly Symphony Swings

Here are some outdoor rides that are inside “briefly”:

• Splash Mountain (this one might be too long)
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • Matterhorn
  • Alice and Wonderland
  • Disneyland Railroad

Here are some rides that are indoors but are very short:

• Peter Pan
  • Snow White
  • Pinocchio
  • Mr Toad
  • Roger Rabbit

Here are long-ish rides that are entirely indoors:

• GotG
  • Soarin’
  • Monsters Inc
  • Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
  • Midway Mania
  • Millenium Falcon Smugglers Run
  • Rise of the Resistance
  • Space Mountain
  • Star Tours
  • Buzz Lightyear
  • It’s a Small World
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Indiana Jones Adventure
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Finding Nemo Submarines

Eek. I don’t like this last list.

2 Likes

I’m guessing they wanted to replace it relatively soon before it became a permanent installation. They could have made it permanent, but they probably weren’t planning to.

1 Like

That makes sense but man… :cry:

3 Likes

GotG, is the one that concerns me the most. My favorite ride so I hope they can figure it out. I honestly think the subs should be a big no no. Alot of the counterparts at wdw have been operational since day one so I’m have hopes

2 Likes

I’m bummed. So many of us weren’t able to see it! Maybe after Raya is out a while, they’ll put Boseman back up. I hope so!

4 Likes

I saw a rumor on one of the Disney groups that it was going to be moved to the Avengers Campus in DCA. I sure hope so :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

That’s in AZ, you need to move another 18 miles west. Sorry.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! Whoops! You can tell it’s been too long since I’ve made the drive to Anaheim. :sob:

2 Likes

Snowbirding in the Phoenix area, Quartzsite is as west as I’ve been via auto (last year). That’s how I knew where it was. I am eagerly looking forward to the day when we drive to DL for a first visit while wintering in AZ - maybe in a couple years? I will gladly wait for a more fully-fleshed out version of DL for that first-time WOW experience.

3 Likes

Clearly I came to the right place this morning, how did it take me so long! I have been reading everything I can get my hands on! And it seems as clear as mud.

In some ways I want them to delay clarification as the longer they wait, the closer I think they will be!

4 Likes

So what if your Cali Aunt buys your tickets with her Cali residence? Lol. I can wait my turn but just saying I wonder if there are loopholes like that but I imagine they’ve thought of that and have a way to restrict.

3 Likes

My situation is:

• I have a VGC reservation starting June 18th.
  • I have to decide whether to cancel and bank points by the end of April.
  • I could rent the reservation if the rules wont let me go, but this makes me nervous.
  • I live in Virginia.
  • I do not have park tickets.
  • I want to go to Disneyland (and southern california and just travel!) so badly I can feel it in my skin.

I feel like this is the last “learn to live with uncertainty, and then learn to live with it again” challenge COVID is throwing at me. Certainly a challenge of low consequence in the scheme of the last year, in which I have been extremely fortunate.

Yet it feels so emotional because each announcement gets my hopes up after I had learned to squash this hope, and each announcement adds a level of uncertainty.

Fingers crossed. Or I can go in on some CA relestate with @Jeff_AZ

6 Likes

Doesn’t the movement make a difference? So space mountain you’re moving all the time but Star tours you’re in one room. I think if they’re gonna do it that way movement should be a consideration

1 Like

Dunno. ID at the gate? CA doesn’t have a travel restriction or quarantine requirement. Both are just recommendations. Maybe the Governor is trying to score a few brownie points since tickets will be so limited

Just wait until we get closer to the end of April and see what happens. CA doesn’t have a travel restriction or a mandatory quarantine. You can still visit CA. There is plenty to see and do. The uncertainty is what’s going to happen with DL. I think tickets will be challenging regardless because of the capacity limit and there is a pent up demand (look at how quickly Touch of Disney tickets sold!). Hang in there!

4 Likes

The concern most likely wouldn’t be the ride itself but the line and how much of it is inside.

As for ID at the gate, I can vouch that they have ID me when I have first used a ticket (although in has been inconsistent over the years). I imagine initially they will be pretty rigid to make the state happy.

3 Likes

Funny, though I am the biggest Disney fan in the family, I would be okay with a trip to LA and San Diego. But I like knowing, planning and daydreaming! DH really wants to see Galaxy’s Edge.

Right now I think there is a 10 day quarantine for recreational visitors to CA? I assume that will be gone by June.

By the end of April I know I will have better information to decide whether to cancel, reduce my reservation from 4 nights to 2 (reducing risk) or keep it. I really, really hope there will be some ticket priority for people staying on property, like when Galaxy’s Edge opened!

I"ll be fine - but this is the only place I can share fully!

3 Likes