Checking Every Day?

Hopping should start once all parks are open. The busses can start at 2, but you should be able to hop once you’ve tapped in and every park is open

1 Like

The big factor holding back park hopping is the 1 PM Boarding Group for ROTR.

That’s why hopping doesn’t start till 2 PM. Otherwise you would end up with a large number of people hopping into HS for the 1 PM lottery, then have an exodus of losers at 1:05 PM.

2 Likes

That’s an easy fix, though: no “hs reservation”, no RotR.

If they can detect you haven’t tapped into your first park, they should easily be able to check that.

2 Likes

Are they cleaning rooms every day now?

Plexiglass gone from Dinosaur as well

5 Likes

I keep remembering this conversation:

3 Likes

Yes, I am sure that they could do that but often the primary concern is to make operations easier and more cost efficient. Park reservations make scheduling and staffing easier. Park hopping makes it harder. Real easy to explain to park hopping guests that the last BG was gone an hour before they walked in.

FEA, LWTL, and KS stand out to me as the most affected by plexiglass/dividers. Anything else I’ve already forgotten about. Looking forward to going back, whenever that is, with everything normal again.

1 Like

I forgot about that.

Maybe with this new fancy fast pass thing boarding groups can be gone???

More plexi gone!

https://twitter.com/brookegmcdonald/status/1405327770977189891?s=21

4 Likes

Since you were responding to me, I have to agree that it was a very prescient conversation! :wink:

1 Like

I think we’ve seen rumours that they’re considering increasing the number of attractions using virtual queues or boarding groups.
(Of course, I can’t recall where that rumour came from)

Gah, I hope not! I won’t go if that’s the case. Not paying $ to get in a park to “win a chance” to ride something.

3 Likes

Disneyland Paris reopened today, first time in 17 months that all Disney parks are open at the same time.

Josh D’Amoro tries to puts a positive spin on it.

3 Likes

online hotel check-in

I don’t know how well this system worked before the pandemic (or if it even existed - it’s been a few years since I’ve stayed at a WDW hotel), but it worked great for us on our recent trip, and I hope they keep it up. It’s so nice not to have to wait in a line at the check-in desk and be able to go straight to your room, regardless of the hour you finally arrive back from the parks or the airport or wherever you’ve been.

It’s been in place for several years. When we went back in ?2015 for MVMCP it was active then. I only remember because we never did get a text that our room was ready and had to visit the desk on arrival. I had been looking forward to going straight to room because of the hour of the day.

It usually works really well though. I typically get a text with room ready well within the published check-in times, and sometimes even en route from MCO.

I wasn’t sure I liked the idea of it, not unlike how I was hesitant around mobile order (everywhere, not just WDW) because I worried about the decrease in human to human contact. But it has been a non-issue in that regard and, in Covid, has been necessary and helpful.

2 Likes

This reminds me - when we were en route from MCO via DME, I still hadn’t gotten my room ready text (around 6pm). It turns out that if you use DME, instead of having you enter an arrival time during pre-check-in, they enter it for you based on when you check into DME and what time your bus is scheduled to arrive at your resort.

I know this because while en route, I chatted through MDE and the CM told me that I wasn’t scheduled to arrive until 6:30pm (which was about right), which is why I hadn’t been assigned a room yet. But I wanted to know what the room was before I arrived at the resort, not have to wait when I got there. So I told the CM I’d like to get my room assignment, and he got it for me over Chat. Very nice.

2 Likes

Fully Vaxxed CM working outside can lose the masks starting tommorrow

11 Likes

Ok I guess I would prefer silence to this teasing BS they shared today

5 Likes

And a dream is a wish you heart makes when you’re fast asleep

But also, when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you.

6 Likes