Rumor of opening?

I’m seriously considering buying something in CA to give me a CA address … :thinking: Maybe a trailer in Blythe or Quartzsite. lol

3 Likes

As much as I want @Jeff_AZ to be able to go to Disneyland, I think Disney will check all adult IDs. That will be their due diligence. It’s kinda like DH’s company that did due diligence by asking employees everyday if they have been 150 miles outside the county.

2 Likes

I really don’t think so. I think they expected this to happen and might be a way to keep people over at DCA, while Disneyland opens. At least that is what I am hoping :blush:

2 Likes

You are totally right! And of all the places I’ve been Disneyland has always asked for my ID when using my AP for a discount or using a credit card too. They are on top of that! They even asked my DD for her school ID

1 Like

They do this when you’re activating a SoCal ticket. So I agree, they will check adults’ ID’s. I hope the CA restriction doesn’t last long. I think things will start to rapidly change when the numbers vaccinated reach a certain point.

3 Likes

I keep saying this to myself. No one could imagine the lockdown that we went through until it was almost upon us last year. Likewise, it’s hard to imagine things just all of a sudden going back to normal, but I truly believe it will be just as rapid and unexpected a return to normal as the lockdown.

5 Likes

“A ride that takes place indoors or goes into a building for a brief period of time may open if it meets both of these requirements.”

“…Disney parks will be reopening in a month…” ToD will still be going on in a month. Maybe they will just open DL to begin with.

1 Like

I read multiple articles, some saying no indoor rides, some saying indoor at reduced capacity. I guess we will see how it all breaks down.

Here is one article that states no indoor rides:

2 Likes

Hahaha! We overlapped!

1 Like

It also says: The limited reopening would not include indoor rides, Ghaly said, and theme parks initially would only be open to California residents.

It sounds like each indoor ride might need vetting to get a waiver according to whatever the capacity and time frame conditions are.

1 Like

:crazy_face:

Today they took down the Chadwick Boseman mural and put up the Raya one

1 Like

The Raya one is cute, but I much prefer the Chadwick one!

3 Likes

I think that’s TERRIBLE to have done.

4 Likes

Hmmmm, Just speculating about which rides would be affected.

Here are rides that are entirely or almost entirely outdoors:

• Big Thunder Mountain
  • Tarzan’s Tree House
  • Mark Twain / Columbia
  • King Arthur Carousel
  • Dumbo
  • Teacups
  • Casey Jr Circus Train
  • Storybookland Canal Boats
  • Autopia
  • Incredicoaster
  • Grizzly River Run
  • Emotional Whirlwind
  • Golden Zephyr
  • Jumpin’ Jellyfish
  • Goofy’s Flight School
  • Jessie’s Critter Carousel
  • Master’s Junkyard Jamboree
  • Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
  • Silly Symphony Swings

Here are some outdoor rides that are inside “briefly”:

• Splash Mountain (this one might be too long)
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • Matterhorn
  • Alice and Wonderland
  • Disneyland Railroad

Here are some rides that are indoors but are very short:

• Peter Pan
  • Snow White
  • Pinocchio
  • Mr Toad
  • Roger Rabbit

Here are long-ish rides that are entirely indoors:

• GotG
  • Soarin’
  • Monsters Inc
  • Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
  • Midway Mania
  • Millenium Falcon Smugglers Run
  • Rise of the Resistance
  • Space Mountain
  • Star Tours
  • Buzz Lightyear
  • It’s a Small World
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Indiana Jones Adventure
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Finding Nemo Submarines

Eek. I don’t like this last list.

2 Likes

I’m guessing they wanted to replace it relatively soon before it became a permanent installation. They could have made it permanent, but they probably weren’t planning to.

1 Like

That makes sense but man… :cry:

3 Likes

GotG, is the one that concerns me the most. My favorite ride so I hope they can figure it out. I honestly think the subs should be a big no no. Alot of the counterparts at wdw have been operational since day one so I’m have hopes

2 Likes

I’m bummed. So many of us weren’t able to see it! Maybe after Raya is out a while, they’ll put Boseman back up. I hope so!

4 Likes

I saw a rumor on one of the Disney groups that it was going to be moved to the Avengers Campus in DCA. I sure hope so :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes