CDC says vaccinated people don’t need masks

I can see that :wink:

(blue box says I’m too quick)

2 Likes

Lol. The blue box does NOT like my cut-and-paste PM directions to people using the May/June liners form either. Something like “you’ve already posted that message”

1 Like

oh ya… I’ve seen that one too and now I’m getting the message about not including others

1 Like

So glad you’re seeing a solution to still go. :yellow_heart:
You’ve done an amazing job keeping your twins’ risk near zero. Just because this MAY be just slightly higher than that near zero doesn’t mean the risk outdoors isn’t still extremely low. This can be done, and you’re going to have a great time!

5 Likes

Well, other than DS16 bringing it home from soccer. :roll_eyes: But that was one of the earlier variants so I was slightly less concerned at the time about acquiring it and more concerned about transmitting it along. I’m more unsettled about kids and the more recent data on long term health impacts AND the variants though.

(The original timetable was to put off trials in under 18s until they saw how adult vaccinations went, but the fact they were suddenly kern to get those studies rolling quickly gave me pause. That’s how they’re accelerating that timetable, so they clearly saw a higher risk to kids at some point before it was clear in the public data.)

Still can’t believe the twins (presumably) and I (per antibody testing) didn’t get it. DH thought it was a lost cause but went along with my quarantining different parts of the house as it rolled through everyone else.

3 Likes

This is all reminding me of a conversation me and @Julianne_fki were having back in early March:

5 Likes

What are you? A wizard?

2 Likes

He predicts the good news. I predict the not-so-good news. One of us is bound to be correct every time! :joy:

ETA: My position is obviously superior, because I am happy the times he is correct and I am wrong!

8 Likes

Here now with DD21 and even though I’ve always thought things would change rapidly as people are vaccinated, I’m still reeling at the news!

3 Likes

More people, expanded capacity. Wait times the same?

2 Likes

wrong park

2 Likes

@Jeff_AZ was speculating that WDW was engineering wait times to max out at 30 mins. He had a chart and everything… not going to look for it :wink: ME: If WD lies about wait times on their app to manipulate crowds I can see this working

opps, did I say lie?!? :rofl:

2 Likes

Is ride capacity or restaurant capacity increase announced or confirmed? If not, increasing park capacity without having more opportunities for things to do seems… like an unpleasant experience.

2 Likes

They are loading all spots on rides now, opening more restaurants and some shows are coming back.

3 Likes

I saw it.

I don’t think WDW does ANYTHING without clear calculations. For example, buses (precovid at least): I have long said that they know the max time a guest will ride a bus to a destination without getting frustrated is 20 minutes. So they group shared buses to come in at or under that. It’s why some locations won’t share (Pop, AoA) despite their proximity to one another (they are both far from MK, at about 20 minutes) but others will (WL, GF).

Disney is smart. We don’t always understand the why, but there’s always a why behind every single thing they do. They’ve been manipulating us through the rat maze in they way THEY want us to do it ever since they opened all those years ago. More recent manipulators (ahem, TP) have helped a small percentage of visitors to outsmart the rat maze, but the average visitor falls for the trap every time.

7 Likes

The why is $$$ :wink:

1 Like

I mean, usually. But I do think it often is about (average) guest experience. That, for me, seems to be the why of wait time inflation. Wait time of 75 minutes that is really 30 = “Go over there for a while, people! There’s no people over there and we need you to spread out a bit so everyone has fun here”

3 Likes

and some ppl will wait for PP no matter what the WD app is trying to manipulate them into doing :wink:

1 Like

Which WDW also knows.

Show your vaccine card upon entrance & get a sticker from Disney to put on one’s shirt that allows one to go mask-free? Would be especially great for photopass. Just a thought.

1 Like