Rumor of opening?

5 Likes

I’m assuming this means the Touch of Disney going through April 19th (to which they have already sold tickets) will pre-empt opening Disneyland for at least that long. It would probably be too hard to undo that even if they wanted, and they need time to prep for reopening. Still, a good sign.

I don’t like the part about “only California residents”! That would keep me out.

4 Likes

Wow! I can’t believe it! I wonder when they will actually open.

3 Likes

I wonder if they could be ready by April 1st anyway? Who knows. My mind is spinning TBH.

3 Likes

I would think after the last day of Touch of Disney. Or they could just open Disneyland.

2 Likes

Rumor. But strong rumor.

Great news if its true!

1 Like

So this begs the question: would you not move? Do you not love it enough to do that?

Traitor.

5 Likes

I’m actually pleasantly surprised he didn’t limit it to just SoCal residents. Hoping in a couple of months, he’ll let go the California resident restriction. You all know how we are in CA.

2 Likes

Awhile back @Jeff_AZ and I figured out we both live about the same distance from Disneyland but from different directions. He just happens to live in a different state!

4 Likes

Do you guys think they will cancel the Touch of Disney event now (at least from April 1st on)?

2 Likes

No!!! Unless they allow us to exchange it for a park ticket! I’m all game at that point.

1 Like

OC would still need to get into Red tier. I don’t believe they are there yet. But we are definitely moving in the right direction!

ETA: SLO is the only county in So CA that is in red as of right now. Right now my boys’ school is clear to start school once our county enters the red tier. So my by things to be excited about. They opened up most sports except of course my son’s, wrestling.

4 Likes

Paging @93111tink!

1 Like

I would not call this a rumor at all. The governor has drastically changed the guidelines. Theme parks can reopen in the red tier, with limited capacity and no indoor dining. Ca residents only, now we just need to wait for a official announcement from disney

3 Likes

I read they are very close and barely missed the mark, but should be there in about two weeks!!

1 Like

Which county?

Orange.

2 Likes

I read that no indoor rides can open though :pleading_face:

hmm. wonder what that means for radiator springs racers, since its both inside and out? seem they could just put you in your own car. I think I did read something like that too, it said limited.

2 Likes

The article I read says indoor rides can open at reduced capacity and in certain configurations. But no indoor dining.

3 Likes