Prices announced for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

I wonder if the dates are going to be fixed like an actual cruise or if they will have people arrive 7 days a week so the ‘day 2’ will really only be half the hotel capacity at a time?

2 Likes

They explain it really well in Solo imo. I was confused as well.

IIRC, it will be based on the cruise ship model, it makes it easier to have all guests doing the storyline all together at the same time.

2 Likes

Can I just say that everyone here has been AMAZING bout this! I’ve done SR, but RoTR wasn’t open yet. First time will be this December and I. CAN. NOT. FRIGGIN. WAIT!!

So thank you to everybody for keeping it a spoiler free zone :shushing_face::star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::zipper_mouth_face::space_invader::space_invader::space_invader:

4 Likes

I’m sure it’s fixed dates. Otherwise the dinners would be the wrong way round for a start. The story arcs would get too confusing if people were only half way through their “cruise”, the surprise moments wouldn’t make sense either - if you hadn’t been to Batuu then you’d be in the midst of a follow-up to something that hadn’t happened.

I really don’t see how it would work if they didn’t have it fixed. How could the cruise ship depart every day for a two night voyage?

3 Likes

Yeah I guess I was just wondering if it really is so tightly scheduled or if you had freedom. Like going to HS, can you leave GE? And if you do and don’t make it back for the transport back are you screwed? If your flight is late do they leave you at the dock?

All kidding aside, I’d be curious if they have “on board” babysitting. We’re a family of four and would LOVE to do this and we could budget for it, too. But since our little guy won’t meet minimum height requirements for awhile and is typically asleep by 8pm, what do we do with him? On date nights at WDW, we bring in an outside babysitter, but I don’t think that would fit the “you’re flying in space” narrative…

4 Likes

One configuration I’m thinking of is bringing my in-laws to WDW with us, and having them keep Littlest One in a different hotel room for two nights, or fly out two days later, then we all spend the remainder of the time together.

6 Likes

I think this will be a popular option. The clients I mentioned above are doing this because their youngest will only be 2 at the time.

4 Likes

My guess (no insider knowledge) … the Grand Captain Suite will be a premium above the price of 2 standard rooms.

3 Likes

No one is going to be forced to take part. If you venture to TSL whilst in the middle of what is around 30 hours (so if we take the $2500 pp, about $300 per hour) of role playing then it’ll be fine. Similarly if you book CRT for the first night they won’t lock you into the resort (but don’t expect a bus to take you to MK). I dare say they’ll get you back to the StarCruiser, especially since the shuttles will only hold maybe 30 people at a time so it’ll be a constant flow of shuttles going back and forth. :blush:

3 Likes

Funny that someone asked that, but I’m not surprised.

3 Likes

:open_mouth: This makes me very happy I am not a starwars fan. Those prices are crazy!!!

Hey look! You time travel back 12 hours earlier over the course of lunch. World between Worlds, maybe? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

I have a question for the super duper fans @Jeff_AZ et all.

IF you had unlimited Disney funds…how many times could you conceivably stay here before the storylines “get old”?

So far it only looks like 2 or so options (I’m sure there will be a couple more when opened).

1 Like

If I could do it every year I would.

2 Likes

I made a poll for you. :sparkling_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I didn’t know if it would become something akin to reading ones favorite book over and over (which I’ve done with the HP series) to where some get tired of it.

I love Universal because I get to experience my favorite “escape”, but within my own parameters. I get to wander at my speed and experience it as my family would want.

DS’s favorite color is red, and when he experienced the SW saga this past year for the first time, I think he felt sympathy for both Kylo Ren and Darth Vader. When I told him about the details released this morning, his first question was whether we could choose which side of the force we would want to be on. (:blink: :blink: :blink:)

And how weird would it be if he were dark and DH and I were light (FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!)?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

1 Like

:blush::blush::blush:

Yay!

1 Like

We were there a couple weeks ago and bought a deck. We have been playing it regularly since. I still have to look at the instructions to remember the card values and hands, but my kids have it all memorized.

3 Likes