Prices announced for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

:rofl: Love it!

1 Like

Sign. me. up.

The cheapest price is about $200 less than I was hoping it would be and the fact it does include regular food, some activities, GE and guaranteed rides makes it even more worth it to me and the DH. Already emailed my travel agent to add it to my Thanksgiving 2022 trip as soon as she can book it.

Totally already stressing out about who to be. As a 501st member, I feel like I have to be FO but I want lightsaber training too! Whatever I pick, DH and I already decided we would be on opposite sides so we can experience different storylines. While we are happy and willing to pay for this experience, we also said it will be a ā€œonce and doneā€ thing. We do realize itā€™s expensive.

4 Likes

I disagree.

Visiting Galaxyā€™s Edge is just part of this. Granted I havenā€™t had the chance to go yet, but I will have done by the time I do this. The rides are just the icing on the cake. I see the real fun being entering GE through a door that opens in the rock face, whilst regular guests gawp. And literally getting to play a game there.

This is a day and a half of playing at Star Wars. I get to do the light sabre training that only kids get to do in DHS. I get to play on the bridge and probably shoot down some enemy fighters. Play along trying to broker a deal with CMs in GE, hide a fugitive. Get some SARRC training ( whatever that is lol). Itā€™s like a murder mystery weekend only I get to at least partially determine what happens next. I love the idea of trying to chat up the barman at Ogaā€™s, or a character roaming around Batuu in the hope they can give a code or something to enter onto a console in the ā€œStarCruiserā€ to make something happen. Kind of LARPing without it being too serious.

I think those who do it will love it. Yes, I realise many would like to but will rule it out. I donā€™t have to justify the cost to myself, for which Iā€™m very glad. it really is on DHā€™s bucket list so he gets to choose to pay for us to do it.

4 Likes

Hmmm, almost $5k for just me and DH is a little steep for us. Especially since I was laid off in March. I know weā€™d really like to do this, but weā€™ve got other priorities. Hopefully I can get a good paying job soon (or DH can) and we can go to space to celebrate :slight_smile:

1 Like

It just seems like a lot of money to play dress up/LARPing. Glad there are these experiences for those that want them, I am just not the target audience for this I guess.

4 Likes

We were actually wondering if it would be cheaper if we (family of 4) went with our friends (family of 3) and did the Grand Captain Suite as opposed to two standard rooms.

Both families have older kids (currently 15/15/20) and all four parents may have gone to see Episode 1 together, at midnight, the day it premeired ā€¦well before the 20yo was born! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I should admit that Iā€™m not a massive SW fan, who knows all the details of the SW universe. I loved the original trilogy and enjoyed the final trilogy because they continued the story. Iā€™m certainly not their target audience, in that I would not choose to do for myself.

And thatā€™s what makes me feel a little guilty that I get to do it, because there will be bigger SW fans who wonā€™t.

3 Likes

Totally fine! There is only so much space on this cruiser. It canā€™t be for anyone / everyone. For me, it looks like a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Too expensive to do multiple times, at least in the foreseeable future. I will have to choose wisely when we go. I donā€™t want to be first - I want them to work out the kinks. Maybe when we go in summer 2022, or maybe the next trip after that? I also have to work in a Disney Cruise at some point.

2 Likes

Huh. Weird.

I thought it was because of poor script writing on the part of Lucas.

My bad! :wink:

(In truth, Han was bragging how FAST the ship was, so it doesnā€™t make sense to do that if the 12 parsec claim was meant simply to be a distance rather than a timeā€¦a shorter distance actually suggests the ship doesnā€™t need to be as fast! George Lucas was making things up as he went along, and only later called genius for the ā€œsurprisesā€ he stumbled into!)

4 Likes

time for Daddy to finally come clean on who he actually likes best. :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

I can see there being a problem with not going early and waiting a year of soā€¦

The storylines will leak out, all the hidden activities, secret codes, who to talk to, etcā€¦ will all be spoiled and it will not feel as authentic. It will loose some of the impact by not being surprised.

1 Like

Carson would like it, since he loves Star Wars. Feel free to take him with you when you go! Heā€™s great with kids, he can be your babysitter and is also really strong so he can schlep your things. :rofl:
And I say I am not interested in thisā€¦but I did go to Disneyland on opening day of Galaxyā€™s Edge, so deep down must like it some. Or I have FOMO, not sure.

2 Likes

I imagine the storylines will not be static but change over time.

3 Likes

Yes, I imagine there are enough people willing to pay opening year prices on this to keep it crazy booked for a year, year-and-a-half probably.

But I think this will be a one-and-done for most people. So Iā€™d imagine around year 2 or 3, youā€™ll start seeing discount pricing or sales from time to time, especially in lower-travel parts of the year.

So thatā€™ll be what weā€™ll wait for. Yes, you have to avoid spoiling yourself, but thatā€™s true of any new attraction ā€” Iā€™ll be doing all the stuff at GE for the first time this September, itā€™s been open 2 years, and I havenā€™t spoiled myself yet, so itā€™s manageable.

That being said, I hope it does AMAZING and people LOVE it. Because that really opens the door to a lot of other similar attractions in the future. The only other thing I can even think of that exists like this to date is Meow Wolf (George R.R. Martinā€™s immersive experience in Santa Feā€¦itā€™s AMAZING too.) So I like the path this paves for more cool immersive experiences in the future too.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s probably a better explanation :laughing:

2 Likes

I am wondering if the "Galactic Starcruiser databand " you get will unlock items that are not available to regular guests in the parks.

2 Likes

I canā€™t see this being a big problem unless one seeks out spoilers.
How long has Galaxyā€™s Edge been open? Iā€™m on a Disney forum daily and have had no spoilers for that yet.
Given that the traffic for the starcruiser will be much less than for GE, I expect it would be easy to avoid spoilers.

4 Likes

I am still clueless as to ROTR details. I have been very careful here to not read spoilers!

5 Likes

Iā€™m certain it will. All the interactive elements that were originally promised for GE but got cut will now be used plus extra. The could be touch points which will guide you to the whereabouts of a key character, possibly using portals like in the SotMK.

I said I love the idea of chatting to a CM and getting a code to use back on the StarCruiser. Maybe theyā€™ll have something that you can swipe your band and itā€™ll show that youā€™ve done a deal for a stowaway to get to the StarCruiser. Which you then swipe and use somewhere on board.

Absolutely. You could mute threads that include any spoilers.

I donā€™t know anything about RotR yet, and intend to keep it that way.

3 Likes