Poll Time! Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser - Will You Go?

By request of @Bubblez, a new set of polls:

Poll #1

Are you a Star Wars fan, in any of its iterations?

• HUGE fan!!!
  • Yes
  • Meh
  • Nah

0 voters

Poll #2

Does the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser adventure look fun to you?

• YES!!!
  • Sorta
  • Not for me

0 voters

Poll #3

How many times will you experience the Galactic Starcruiser?

Edit: If you don’t plan to go, don’t answer this question. I can’t alter a poll after it’s launched.

• Once in a lifetime
  • Every few years as new experiences are added
  • Once a year or more

0 voters

Poll #4

How does the pricing compare to your expectations?

• More than I was expecting
  • About what I was expecting
  • Less than I was expecting

0 voters

Poll #5

Do you feel the pricing is a good value?

• Not worth it
  • Pricing is about right for the experience
  • I’d pay more if I had to

0 voters

2 Likes

My answer to this question specifically is that I would probably want to go only every few years to keep it fresh. Hopefully they’ll add more experiences or change things up.

1 Like

Poll #3 re how many times will you experience GSC?

The question needs a “never” option.

15 Likes

Since it includes food for the days you are there and a trip on MFSR and Rise of the Resistance, I can see the value in it.

3 Likes

What? So the Bad Guys can do something other than building a Death Star… again?

3 Likes

I am a big fan of Star Wars, I was 12 years old when the original movie came out and I went to see it 6 times that summer. But, there are way bigger fans than me, I don’t spend the money and time that the Huge fans do.

I was one of the first to go to GE during the AP previews and I loved spending an entire afternoon there. Been back only once since.

The SWGSC will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me. We will probably go in a few years once the dust settles. However, the price cannot justify multiple visits. I consider it to be like going on a DCL ship, the experience is great but the added cost is not worth it. I would rather try something else.

I can go to WDW and stay off-site, not eat at pricey TS, and do other things to control the costs yet still get a rewarding experience. This is going to be a one and done.

8 Likes

Redemption maybe?

2 Likes

That would be in keeping with most Disney movies of late

2 Likes

Whoops I forgot that. Too late.

1 Like

I will probably never go. Wasn’t an option in the survey.

1 Like

There needs to be a maybe or undecided choice at the top :top::upside_down_face:

1 Like

If you are a “Never,” just don’t respond to that survey. There is another question that has the option, “Not for me,” so we’ll just use that as a proxy.

1 Like

^^^^ This. So much this. Prices are fucking insane.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Well it does look it could be fun, but I would never spend that kind of money on this.

5 Likes

Poll #5 combined with Poll#1 got me thinking. Noone has chosen ‘I’d pay more if I had to’ yet even though there are some ‘HUGE fans’ answering.
While the price is almost unaffordable for me personally, I think it’s still something I’d want to experience sometime and it does feel like the price is worth the experience on offer.
What got me thinking was that, if Universal cashed in on this idea and made a similarly worthy Harry Potter experience I would be ALL OVER IT and might be prepared to save up even a bit more to join in.
While I love Star Wars, I am a much bigger fan of HP. I just thought it was interesting that the huge star wars fans wouldn’t want to pay more whereas anecdotally (ie me) would still consider saving up more for a similar HP experience.
Are there any franchises that you would prefer to have this experience with, other than Star Wars?

4 Likes

I have that pin
Pew pew
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

I think you nailed it with a Hogwarts-esque experience. I’d gladly pay the same for that, or more.

7 Likes

You better be standing in line behind me or I will fight you.

6 Likes

I would pay that to get my Hogwarts letter, sorting hat, beginning of year feast, flying lessons, a day of magic courses, sleeping in dormitories, etc. etc. That would be fantastic. But maybe not as easy to mass produce?

4 Likes