Prices announced for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

Well, in this case, least. All could go but one.

You could BUY a used minivan and Star Ward decorate it.

But can you do it in 12 parsecs?

4 Likes

We do have a light saber on the back windshield wiper of our minivan!

Apparently when dd was in high school we were deemed the “cool parents” by her friends after driving through a car wash fundraiser with the van. Her friends were highly impressed w/ the light saber on the back wiper.

Wiper Tags

We have had a green and blue one over the years. It is actually time to get a new one…they fade over time.

8 Likes

Ashley Eickstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano) posted a live feed on IG about her experience on the Galactic Starcruiser last week. They did a test run on people for a lot of the activities and the food.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWZsmTgofYy/?utm_medium=copy_link

About 20 mins in she talks about the experience when you first arrive, the rooms, the merch etc

2 Likes

Carlye Wisel’s podcast “Very Amusing” had its episode this week about this event, she talks about Ashley being there.

Highly recommend the podcast in general, as well as this episode in particular :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s an article on Star Wars dot com that covers the author’s (Kristin Baver) experience on the same test flight.

Also here’s another article:

2 Likes

The lightsaber jumps to life in my hands, illuminating a sense of purpose with its gentle hum. At first, the training droid goes slow, telegraphing the path of each simulated blast to give me time to deflect, then intensifying with speed.

But the real question is: can I do it with the equivalent of a blast shield over my eyes? My trainer, Disney Imagineer Sara Thacher, assures me I am strong with the Force, and the other passengers aboard Star Wars : Galactic Starcruiser gather behind me, shields at the ready to protect themselves should I fail. Then I calm my mind and just breathe.

annnnnd I’m out. That was just uncomfortable to read. Like really bad fanfiction.

2 Likes

The second article is more fact-based and less dramatized, if that is your style.

1 Like

This is such a brilliant business decision but will ultimately end up deprecated as a failure despite whether it is financially successful.

Best case, its a huge success and is “sold out” indefinitely. Worst case, they have a new property build immediately adjacent to Hollywood studios and they convert it into a premium star wars resort.

The costs that are unrecoverable developing the concepts and storyline are miniscule and will quickly reach an ROI.

Eventually (almost a given at some time point) interest will be lost and they will need to decide to lower the cost to keep demand up, then they will hit a point where its less than feasible to continue to operate.

All the other resort hotels can operate indefinitely. Therefore eventually this will close and be called a failure.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Someone mentioned Carly’s article being more critical and when I read it I wondered where was the criticism. But now I see. She wrote a practical, non-fiction account of her time there which may set it apart from others :rofl:

2 Likes

Just to be clear, the articles I posted are from the official Star Wars website, a subsidiary of Disney, so it’s just informational for fans / advertising and should not be considered a “review.”

3 Likes

Can’t say I agree. Star Wars had plenty of life in it with just the 3 movies. The new additions won’t deter that and the now the prequels are being looked at with nostalgia from those who were kids when they saw it. The sequel trilogy will likely go through the same phase.

If there’s waning interest, we’re looking at a solid decade or two before that happens. And every hotel on property has had upgrades in that time span, so there’s no reason to think this won’t do the same. It’s kinda like a broadway show, I imagine.

Carly?

2 Likes

or…y’know…palatable. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Sorry, Carlye Wisel’s post was actually on a different thread yesterday. Sorry I thought it was this one!

She likes to like things and is quite infectious in her excitement. But not a Disney mouthpiece either.

1 Like

also, we need to talk about this:

I’ve not seen this model of lightsaber before. Is this a new Savi model coming?

“You underestimate the power of the dark side.” …or at least interest in and demand for the dark side and all things Star Wars. I think this hotel/experience will sell out for many, many years.

1 Like

If they do themed “Cruises” they definitely will, you know the “dark Side” cruise will sell out, much like every may the fourth and life days.

1 Like