Poll Time! Favorite D23 2023 News?

Building on the D23 thread …

… I thought it would be fun to do a poll on which announcements are generating the most excitement among Liners!

Which announced addition / change at Disney Parks and Experiences are you most excited for?

Select up to 5 options

• Hatbox Ghost added to Haunted Mansion in MK late November
  • New Country Bear Jamboree program
  • Pirates-themed lounge in MK
  • Moana Journey of Water opens 10/16/23
  • Zootopia theater attraction replacing it’s tough to be a bug
  • Dinoland, U.S.A. transformed to Tropical Americas
  • Encanto attraction / M&G in Tropical America (“being considered”)
  • Indiana Jones replacing DINOSAUR (“being considered”)
  • Soarin’ Over California limited time engagement at EP starting 9/22/23
  • Figment Meet & Greet at Imagination pavilion in EP (tomorrow!)
  • Asha coming to EP, DL, and DLP
  • MK blue sky beyond BTMRR
  • Ahsoka coming to Star Tours next Spring
  • Test Track getting updated at EP
  • Luminous: The Symphony of Us debuts at EP 12/5/23
  • New DL Avengers Campus Multiverse attraction
  • New DCL ship “Adventure” with itineraries from Singapore, etc.
  • Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point private island
  • Other (comment below)
0 voters

I might have missed something and / or there may be more announcements coming, so feel free to use that “Other” option to express your thoughts. :wink:

6 Likes

They could retheme Dino land without getting rid of Dinosaurs…

There are plenty of dinosaurs in Tropical Americas!!! :sauropod: :t_rex:

6 Likes

Only picked from the things that are actual, and not blue sky. Also only picked things from WDW. So…less than 5 things.

3 Likes

I could have picked 2 more if the Encanto and Indy picks were just rolled into the land re-theme :wink:

I know not all of it is for sure but it’s still fun to hear new ideas. Maybe I’m just too much an optimist :grin:

3 Likes

Did you not pick TT and if not, why?

Hmm. Was the TT announcement actually an announcement, or just a possible thing? If it was actual, then I would vote for that as well.

1 Like

I’m glad that Dinoland retheming is seperate from Indy replacing Dino. While I am sooo excited that they are going with a South American"-esque theme and revamping the whole area, I am devastated that they are getting ride of my Dinos!
But I also understand Dinosaur wasn’t one of Disney’s top IPs. Most people think of Jurassic Park series- which we all know is Disney’s major competitor. So maybe there is more strategy to cut the dino theme than just adding some popular IP to the area.

4 Likes

Yeah. The TT thing is maybe likely, but still effectively Blue Sky.

5 Likes

So no more building your car? That’s the only reason I would ever waut for this ride. The ride itself kills my back.

3 Likes

I don’t wait for this ride. Last time I rode it, it was literally a walk on. But otherwise not worth it.

If the reimagining actually happens, I am sure it will be better. Current version is pathetic. Previous version was way better. So hopefully the next version fixes what they ruined.

4 Likes

I’m going to miss Dinoland

7 Likes

I can’t recall. What was the previous version and when was it changed?

2 Likes

Previous version was like you were actually in an actual test lab. 2012.

3 Likes

I took it as the refurb of TT is a done deal but they are still finalizing timing and design elements. But nothing is ever for sure until it opens. Just ask Mary Poppins.

3 Likes

Me too. My kids love the triceratops spin! And dinosaur is a fun ride, but it’s really a sad area of the park right now. It needs new life.

5 Likes

But I have always loved the theming and the backstory.

3 Likes

Hopefully so. Fact that GM is footing the bill makes it more likely.

2 Likes

Picks the things that coincide with planned trips…and Indy.

3 Likes

There wasn’t much that I got very excited over. The Pirate Tavern is probably tops for me, and then Zootopia in the Tree

5 Likes

Encanto quickly became one of my new favorites, so I’m excited for that addition - I just hate losing Dinoland in the process.

4 Likes