Poll Time! Favorite D23 2023 News?

I think this is my struggle with that one.

I wish Disney had done a better job of telling Chester and Hester’s story. I love it now that I know it but I only know it because of the Radio Harambe podcast walkthrough. It wasn’t evident enough on its own or it might have caught on better.

6 Likes

I really like the Chester and Hester story and Dinoland. I like the ride, I love the Boneyard and when they had all.of the meet and greets and dance party, that was a ton of “informal fum”. Primevil whirl with the games set that tone.

Buuuut - it is also a paved hellscape on a particularly hot day. Our first trip to WDW in 2015, Hurricane George was sitting off the coast, making the air more humid than usual. I have a destinct memory, waiting in mine for Triceritops spin, that whoever designed that space wanted to torture people.

6 Likes

Kind of sad to be losing it’s tough to be a bug. I know it’s dated, but it’s a sentimental favorite.

2 Likes

Dinoland was dead to me when they murdered Primeval Whirl.

Soarin’ Over California is my favorite announcement, but only if I get to ride it again.

The new Avengers ride is great, because that was the only thing holding it back from being an almost perfect land IMO.

Really hate losing Dinosaur and It’s Tough to be a Bug. Dinosaur won’t be so bad because Indy, but A Bug’s Life is one of my favorite Disney/Pixar films and Zootopia is, to put it lightly, not. All that nostalgia of going inside the Tree of Life to see my favorite 3D attraction being thrown into the ocean like so many car batteries.

7 Likes

My kids like it’s tough to be a bug, but it’s not good enough that a new experience wouldn’t be as enjoyable if not moreso, and hopefully one that won’t scare the bejeesus out of 50% of the audience at each show.

6 Likes

Yes

Yes - except I won’t miss that ride.

Yes

Yes

Almost.

Still loved Chester and Hester’s train

Is so much better

Agree. I love it’s a bugs life A LOT but not so much the show.
I’ll wait to see the new show - maybe it’ll be good. I won’t hold my breath. :smile:

5 Likes

I missed the Soarin’ Over California announcement! I thought it was for DLR. But…for how long? Will it still be there in March? I hope so! I liked it so much more.

3 Likes

It’s for the Disney 100 celebration, so at the very most it would be for a year, but I’m guessing it will just be a few months. I guess we’ll see how popular it is. They probably won’t decide an end date until the layover launches and they gauge reception.

2 Likes

I would be much more excited about this if I could ride Star Tours, but I’ve all but written it off due to motion sickness.

I’m assuming this is a simulator, so same as above.

Meh. Cool, but not worth a lot of hype.

Also, I’m not big on Meet & Greets, but I like that Encanto, Asha, and Figment are going to have a presence in the park.

I’m glad I saw the original (finally!) in June. Now I can wait another 40 years to see the new version. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m excited for pretty much everything else. I didn’t vote for Moana because I already assumed it was going to be open by the time I’m there in December.

4 Likes

Well, I had to look up who Asha is.

The pirate lounge sounds cool!

Did they say when Dinoland is going to close? Would’ve really loved for my kids to checkout the Boneyard. It was closed for COVID when we went in 2021.

6 Likes

I know the story but I still don’t enjoy that section of the park. It’s the only area that doesn’t seem to fit. For me AK is the most perfectly themed park of any I’ve been to. I really do feel like I’ve been transported somewhere else. Until I walk into Dinoland.

I really hope they can get South America right without Joe. :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Can someone please connect the dots for me on how Encanto and Indy have anything to do with animals?

5 Likes

Pirate lounge is my favorite announcement, but probably because I think it would actually happen since it would bring them money.

My biggest D23 problem is that as of recent they haven’t actually done most of the things they announced, so is hard to get excited. It seems they realized this themselves by basically announcing nothing of substance.

No nighttime parade. Spaceship Earth is apparently off the table, no further news on MK expansion. Poppins ride is now long forgotten. And also anything that does happen takes 10 years to plan and build. It’s honestly not enough and as a Disney fan I’m disappointed.

And a figment meet and greet does not make up for the terrible ride it now is.

Okay, l I’ll go back to being happy again. :rofl:

7 Likes

Well the theme of AK is conservation.

But I do need a little help still

4 Likes

That’s part of why it’s so fun! :spider:

6 Likes

Almost nothing.

Encanto

Indy

8 Likes

Confirmed. Chevrolet and Disney are working on it currently.

1 Like

I nearly voted the Zootopia thing simply because a hidden attraction is a whole lot better than anything else!

But did vote for Tropical Americas, Indy, Figment and Luminous.

I also voted other because I think the Tangled land at DLP looks pretty good and along with Arendelle and the potential for a water show and whatever the other land is going to be looks like it could be a great addition to the Studio Park in Paris. Which is after all my “local” Disney destination.

2 Likes

I think I posted this n the D23 thread.

Animal Kingdom is about animals and the environment in which they live, conservation and so on. Just as we have Africa and Asia as “lands” with rides that are linked to those areas in some way and are also something related to that theme of animals, environment and conservation.

So we have Kali which used to do a much better job of telling the story of deforestation, and Everest which is actually harder to find the link for. But if you take in the original name of the park which included mythical beasts, then the Yeti kinda works. Either way Everest does fit into Asia.

Tropical Americas is basically Central America to the Amazon. Hopefully there will be some related animal trails incorporated. Both Encanto and Up fit the bill in terms of geographical location. It would be possible to have a ride that includes flora and fauna, a bit like the Navii river journey one does. Something like a dark ride along those lines would work - there must have been some scenes of nature in Encanto. However I would think the spinner is easily rethemed into either balloons or something Encanto related (struggling because I haven’t seen the movie). The ride itself doesn’t have to be animals related IMO. You are visiting the region. Indy could have any theme for its ride - like trekking through the rainforest. Actually way better than a spinner ride could ever be.

At least it works better than Arendelle does in Norway. (Arendal in Norway is a place but as far from Arendelle as it is possible to get. :wink:

6 Likes

I can’t pick one over the others. I’m bananas for all of it!

1 Like