As suggested by @Shmebulock, today we’re doing a poll on rides at UOR!
The initial poll will be divided between the Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida theme parks. I have only included rides in this poll, not shows or experiences (e.g., Ollivanders).
Poll 1: Islands of Adventure (select up to 3)
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
- The Cat in the Hat
- Doctor Doom’s Fearfall
- Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls
- Flight of the HIppogriff
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
- Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
- The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!
- Hogwarts Express - Hogsmeade Station
- The Incredible Hulk Coaster
- Jurassic Park River Adventure
- Jurassic World Velocicoaster
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
- Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges
- Pteranodon Flyers
- Skull Island: Reign of Kong
- Storm Force Accelatron
Poll 2: Universal Studios Florida (select up to 3)
- Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
- E.T. Adventure
- Fast & Furious Supercharged
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
- Hogwart’s Express - King’s Cross Station
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
- Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl
- MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Revenge of the Mummy
- The Simpsons Ride
- Transformers: The Ride-3D
- Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster
Please vote even if you haven’t ridden all the rides listed! Feel free to use whatever criteria you deem appropriate. I included all rides on the Touring Plans Attractions page for USF and IoA. A “ride” is considered an attraction that includes being conveyed by a vehicle or seat. I used my judgment in edge cases like Minion Mayhem due to the significant motion.
Jeff's Official Polling Rules for Cynics and Skeptics
In case of a tournament, the following protocols will be followed:
- All voters are eligible to participate regardless of their familiarity with the various options
- Voters may cast or change their vote as desired until the poll is closed (generally timed)
- The first option to receive over 50% in any round upon closing of the poll is deemed the winner
- In the case of a multiple choice poll, if more than one option receives 50%, there will be a single-choice elimination round to determine the winner among all options receiving 50% support.
- The percentage displayed by the forum software will be deemed the official result, regardless of the absolute number of votes cast (i.e., rounding differences may be decisive)
- If no option receives over 50%, additional rounds will be held
- All options receiving 15% or more will advance to the next round
- If all options have received 15% or more, the option receiving the lowest % of the vote will be eliminated
- In the case of a tie, the option receiving the higher % in the previous round will advance
- If there is still a tie after following the above rules, the option listed first by the forum software in the results will advance
- All results are final – no recounts, re-dos, challenges, or complaints will be accepted; however, discussion and debate is welcome.
- Have a magical day!