Poll Time! Best ride in UOR?

As suggested by @Shmebulock, today we’re doing a poll on rides at UOR!

The initial poll will be divided between the Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida theme parks. I have only included rides in this poll, not shows or experiences (e.g., Ollivanders).

What is the best ride at Universal Orlando Resort?

Poll 1: Islands of Adventure (select up to 3)

• The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
  • Caro-Seuss-el
  • The Cat in the Hat
  • Doctor Doom’s Fearfall
  • Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls
  • Flight of the HIppogriff
  • Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
  • Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
  • The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!
  • Hogwarts Express - Hogsmeade Station
  • The Incredible Hulk Coaster
  • Jurassic Park River Adventure
  • Jurassic World Velocicoaster
  • One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
  • Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges
  • Pteranodon Flyers
  • Skull Island: Reign of Kong
  • Storm Force Accelatron

0 voters

Poll 2: Universal Studios Florida (select up to 3)

• Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
  • E.T. Adventure
  • Fast & Furious Supercharged
  • Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
  • Hogwart’s Express - King’s Cross Station
  • Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
  • Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl
  • MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack
  • Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon
  • Revenge of the Mummy
  • The Simpsons Ride
  • Transformers: The Ride-3D
  • Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster

0 voters

Please vote even if you haven’t ridden all the rides listed! Feel free to use whatever criteria you deem appropriate. I included all rides on the Touring Plans Attractions page for USF and IoA. A “ride” is considered an attraction that includes being conveyed by a vehicle or seat. I used my judgment in edge cases like Minion Mayhem due to the significant motion.

Jeff's Official Polling Rules for Cynics and Skeptics

In case of a tournament, the following protocols will be followed:

• All voters are eligible to participate regardless of their familiarity with the various options
  • Voters may cast or change their vote as desired until the poll is closed (generally timed)
  • The first option to receive over 50% in any round upon closing of the poll is deemed the winner
    • In the case of a multiple choice poll, if more than one option receives 50%, there will be a single-choice elimination round to determine the winner among all options receiving 50% support.
  • The percentage displayed by the forum software will be deemed the official result, regardless of the absolute number of votes cast (i.e., rounding differences may be decisive)
  • If no option receives over 50%, additional rounds will be held
    • All options receiving 15% or more will advance to the next round
    • If all options have received 15% or more, the option receiving the lowest % of the vote will be eliminated
    • In the case of a tie, the option receiving the higher % in the previous round will advance
      • If there is still a tie after following the above rules, the option listed first by the forum software in the results will advance
  • All results are final – no recounts, re-dos, challenges, or complaints will be accepted; however, discussion and debate is welcome.
  • Have a magical day! :rainbow::european_castle::fireworks:
4 Likes

For me there are really only 2 rides that are multi time re-rideable to me and they are in the same park! :rofl: I know I might lose friends but I just don’t enjoy UOR much. Maybe if I only visited once every few years?:woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Gosh the rides at USF just aren’t that impressive! Still love it very much but for a lot of other reasons.

3 Likes

Gringotts totally makes up for any lack in the rest of the park. I could easily ride that 5 times back-to-back once a day. Family bails on me after 3 during EE.

1 Like

I agree with you more than I disagree on this point. (Hooray for agreeing! :joy:)

But for me it’s 2 rides in IoA (Velocicoaster and Hagrid’s) and 2 in USF (Gringotts and Mummy), plus everything about the Hogsmeade / Diagon Alley areas. And Jurassic Park. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

OMG!! We picked the same rides!!! I do kind of like MIB as well I guess I could go back and change my vote. Yes the HP areas are amazing but they suffer from always being WAY too peopley for enjoyment.

2 Likes

It’s both easy and hard to vote in these polls.

My favourites are clear, but I have a lot of close runners up that I know won’t get a lot of love in these polls and I want to vote for them, but then I would be lying.

Sorry Storm and Jimmy :pensive:
I love you both :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I know “deep down” you really love FJ too.

:rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Ok just for fun I went back and added Hulk and MIB as my 3rd choices :grin:

2 Likes

I picked three for each category…but there really is a definite 1st choice in both parks. Hagrid’s at IOA. Sorry…but Velocicoaster is just another coaster. Fun. Really run. But Hagrid’s is just a whole experience and, for me, unquestioningly number one. And at USF? The Mummy. Everything else is quite distant by comparison.

3 Likes

Problem is that “deep down” part of me loves it so much, it wants me to leave it behind on the ride. :rofl:

3 Likes

I voted for Forbidden Journey but I’m not sure if my reasoning was legit. It makes me sooooooo sick. I only ride it first thing in the morning to get it over with, and only if my kids have it high on their list for that visit. But, I do love the queue and loading area. I think that is permissable, because arguably if there was no ride, there would be no castle. Even if I don’t ride it, I go through the queue and really love it more than I like a lot of the other actual rides

And ET is absolutely my favorite ride

3 Likes

Solid reasoning! I agree it almost deserves a vote just for the queue.

1 Like

After the unpopular opinion thread I thought for sure there would only be 1 other vote for rrr

1 Like

This just made me realize there is ONE good ride in USF.
I couldn’t even vote for number two or three.

Ok - I’ll go back and vote ET for #2, because my son would say that was wonderful. He loves story rides (even at 20 yo).

It really is. I have never seen the movies or read a book, but I’d go right now and wait 80 minutes to ride it again. It was that remarkable.

I finished out my three with Spider-Man and Storm Force. The former bc I enjoyed the comic book Spidey - reminds me of middle school. And the latter because it didn’t make me sick and it made my family hoot with joy.

4 Likes

Hmmmmm

1 Like

I’m a complete moron and didn’t read the instructions for IoA-- only voted on one ride.

So, to make sure it was balanced, I only voted for one ride for UO, too.

To be fair, I haven’t ridden Mummy so cannot vote on that. And Covid kept me from experiencing Forbidden Journey.

If my daughters were voting, Jimmy Fallon would have won out :rofl:

2 Likes

Just hit “show vote” and re-submit if you want to vote for more than 1!

1 Like

Same girl, same. I have an AP that I keep renewing because it is a good deal and the hotel discounts are amazing. But I just do not like it that much. :scream:

2 Likes

Yeah you can modify your vote after the fact. Please do so you can get all three votes in for each poll!