Disney Refugee Brings a Buddy

Maybe ask @Jeff_AZ nicely for a UOR attraction poll?? :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

Good idea! Have I really never done. UOR ride poll? :thinking:

5 Likes

I think you asked for a favourite HP ride in the HP polls recently :thinking:
I can’t remember a park wide poll.

2 Likes

If I did ask about all of UOR, it was a very long time ago.

2 Likes

How interesting. Is @missoverexcited following the thread? Just wondering. No reason.

1 Like

Poll is live!

5 Likes

I have a package that I booked so early that it is $90 / night. When DD20 decided to go to HHN I wanted to extend it one night, departing on Sunday, but that would’ve lost that rate. So, I added a separate single night for $125 at Dockside to continue our stay.

I just upgraded that last night to Cabana Bay! ($168 / night) What’s the best way to transfer bags later in the day?

(I’m planning on checking out of Dockside and storing bags at Luggage Services before EPA. Then hop over to Cabana Bay to get our hotel key / EPA ticket. Enjoy Volcano Bay until mid-day then get our bags back from Dockside.)

I’m thinking of taking the bus back from CB to CityWalk, then CityWalk to Dockside. Grab the bags and Uber back with the bags. That seems to be the most practical, unless someone knows a better way!

3 Likes

Is there a reason you can’t take the bags with you in an Uber in the morning and store them in Cabana Bay?

5 Likes

Oh! That makes way more sense! I think I’m just used to getting on a bus each morning!!

4 Likes

Yeah… we transfer in the morning at Universal even when we’ll be taking an afternoon break. I’ve had our room be ready (at Cabana Bay, even) at 9:30am once!

4 Likes

Oh! I just found a great rate to change my arrival night hotel to either Cabana Bay or Aventura for $109!!

I’m staying at Cabana Bay on the last night of this trip. It would be great to stay twice and have VB access.

However, I like the idea of staying at multiple resorts. Anyone stayed at Aventura? I like the idea that it’s more “adult” and maybe that means quieter ??

Help!

I choose Cabana Bay! It says I got the Annual Passholder Rate

8 Likes

So Cabana Bay for the win? I’ve not heard anyone say they’ve stayed at Aventura–I would be curious to read what they say about it, if anyone comments.

1 Like

Yeah… I have VB as part of my AP and was planning on going to VB solo at least one day. This just means that it will be the next morning after arrival instead of “weather permitting”

Plus, this will give me time to explore the resort solo. DD20 just wants to be closer to VB when she goes there.

My rate at Dockside was $114. I saved $5! :money_mouth_face:

However… if anyone can give me a good reason to switch to Aventura, I’ll listen!

4 Likes

My only reason is I don’t know anyone who has stayed there either and I’m curious…but I don’t feel like that’s a good enough reason!

1 Like

The big benefit Aventura has over Cabana Bay is that you can easily walk to the Sapphire Falls boat dock.

5 Likes

I’ll be staying at Aventura on 9/17, the last night of my trip. I’ll post a review.

4 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

I’m looking at rates in December and seeing $90 at Dockside… I wish I could talk my wife into an AP so we could extend our dates another day! (I got her the buy 3 days get 2 free rate earlier in the year)

I’ve told her it would be “saving us money” to go more! :crazy_face: :money_mouth_face:

Plus, I could go to another night of OIM on arrival!

5 Likes

Christmas present?

1 Like

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building stayed at Aventura earlier in the year, didn’t he?

4 Likes