Poll Time! Best ride in UOR?

I had to vote for ET, as it is the last remaining ride/experience from my childhood/teenagehood/youngadulthood that brings back the nostalgia like WDW does.
RIP Jaws, Twister, Back to the Future, Disaster!, and Kongfrontation. I miss you all so much, you were a part of all my early visits and you are not forgotten. To think that we lost Disaster for Fast & the Furious. :cry: My kids did get to experience Disaster, Twister and I think Jaws at least before they closed.

6 Likes

Ours expire end of October. We are not renewing but going to get AP’s at Bush Gardens instead. I’m sure when our HP loving oldest visits again we will visit but probably just get FL res tickets.

3 Likes

Definitely Hagrid’s for me! My family loves all the other Harry Potter rides, too. The first time we went on FJ, DS was 8 and screamed bloody murder all the way through - nearly in tears. As soon as we exited, he asked to go on it again. And so we did - 3 times in a row! :rofl:. I also love the Mummy and am hoping the refurb only improved the track but didn’t change the ride in any way!

2 Likes

I was going to let mine expire, but then was worried they would actually check to see if I had a valid one when we checked into Surfside and Portofino. I did not want to have to pay rack at Portofino, it was cheaper to renew the AP. :rofl: Of course neither hotel asked to see my AP…again. I have never been asked in all our trips over the years. I just know if I hadn’t renewed they would have asked! I do think the Fab 4 is going to go for a day or two on our next trip, maybe it will be better with a new crew to visit with?

4 Likes

Done!

2 Likes

I modified & voted for 3 (with the help of my family too)

1 Like

I think I only had to show my pass the first time i used an APH rate. After that i think they checked in their system that it was still valid.

1 Like

You should join one time when me and my sis and BiL go, we do Universal totally “wrong” :rofl:. There are some days we don’t even ride any rides :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Oh fun!!!

2 Likes

That’s the thing though. I can go to a Disney park and wander all day and never ride anything. But at UOR I need to ride because wandering there is boring. But then most of the rides all seem the same :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

:scream:

Did your wandering include food and drink stops frequently? This is key :laughing:

2 Likes

:rofl: no I guess maybe that’s the problem!

3 Likes

Here’s my secret truth.

Without WWOHP I don’t think I would feel the need to visit UOR every time I visit Orlando. It is a major draw for me.

That being said, now that I have started staying on property and not merely taking day trips from WDW, I have a second draw. You can stay at a solidly decent and reasonably priced hotel and walk to the parks. Not something WDW offers. (The nearest in my budget is Pop, but the Skyliner back to the resort at night is horrendous.)

A third draw is the affordability (and availability) of annual passes. I don’t even live in the US yet an AP makes sense for me. Indeed, my current AP was effectively free because of the discount it gave me on my hotel rate.

A fourth draw is Express Passes. They make visits so easy and relaxed.

I can actually imagine a UOR-only trip to Orlando, especially when Epic Universe opens. It would be so relaxed and easy. And I wouldn’t feel constantly ripped off and unappreciated.

6 Likes

4 Likes

I get bored at UOR in a way that just doesn’t happen at WDW, even though I’ve visited WDW a lot more. TBH, the biggest draw for me at Universal is HHN. Between that and the OI meetups I actually have almost no reason at all to ever go during the day.

Having a DVC membership definitely helps with the resort thing, especially since it’s been paid off for awhile now and we only have to pay yearly dues… we can stay at Boardwalk or BLT and walk to a park or two. I’m already kind of regretting the choice of resort studio at Grand Flo, because I’ll miss having the washer and dryer… even with studios at other places you at least have the free laundry room in the same building. I’m sure they’ve got that in the main GF Villas building, but that’s kind of a hike with a laundry basket even if the weather is nice.

2 Likes

Thank God no one voted F&F or I would seriously have it question their sanity. Lol

4 Likes

We agree! About the two best. After riding VelociCoaster initially it was that over Hagrids but having ridden it three times now Hagrids is the overall better ride. However, VelociCoaster isn’t just a roller coaster. There are velociraptors in the line and on the ride. And the doubles launches are impressive.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is true. There is lots to discover in Diagon Alley alone and all over really. Their are puns and cool things like the cell phone outside the quick e mart and the prank calls in moes and the troll under the bridge and the fountain and so much to do without ever riding a ride and good street entertainment….

I will say that the virtual rides is redundant.

7 Likes

Wait until @missoverexcited votes before you say anything. :rofl:

1 Like

Why would you even say that?!

1 Like