Poll Time! Best ride in UOR?

Okay…there is no way Gringotts is better than The Mummy, people. It has a better queue, maybe…but this is best RIDE not best queue.

But it is only first round. I am sure this will sort itself out in the next round. :grin:

5 Likes

Agreed! Mummy is better than Gringotts. I didn’t even think of Gringotts when I chose. I will say it’s probably because it’s so heavily reliant on screens and sometimes makes me sick. My top four choices don’t have screens.

2 Likes

Mummy has been closed for so long, it is possible some voting have never been on it.

I wouldn’t have gone on it anyway, because it would scare me. But my family would have. They were all so sad it wasn’t open.

2 Likes

Incorrect

Incorrect

That won’t be necessary. The people have spoken and they have spoken wisely.

4 Likes

Gringotts suffers from the same issue as Hagrid’s, and that is that in telling the story the ride gets all chopped up and isn’t cohesive. The Mummy does the same thing with the story, but the slowdowns are just less jarring somehow.

2 Likes

Gringotts is both a great experience and a great ride. The Mummy is more thrilling perhaps, and deserves a spot in the top three, but overall I prefer Gringotts. If I had an afternoon in USF and I had to choose just one to ride experience, that would be it.

2 Likes

I might need to go ride them both again before the next round. Mummy has been closed so I can’t remember the last time I rode it. Maybe when we first got our AP’s almost a year ago?

Gringotts wasn’t as fun as I remembered the last time I rode it in December. But maybe I was exhausted after all the wedding stuff.

:thinking:

1 Like

Same! I like Mummy, but it is rough.

2 Likes

Can I be like Matt?..incorrect. LOL

2 Likes

I voted Hagrid, then Velocicoaster then Forbidden Journey for IOA. My top 2 are certain. FJ, I’ve ridden it so much, it’s maybe lost its novelty? I’ve even been stuck on it. But I really don’t know what to put in 3rd then. Spider Man?
For USF, My top 3 are Mummy, Gringotts and ET (I can’t help loving it, my cousins took me to see it as my first drive-in movie. Nostalgia at it’s best!)

ETA: DH and I have had seasonal APs for 6 years now so I’ve ridden everything many times.

1 Like

No. I’ve trademarked Incorrect™.

4 Likes

I’d say I mostly agree with you. At least about IOA.
Overall

1. Hagrids
  2. VelociCoaster
  3. Mummy
  4. MIB

and those are the only ones I entered. FJ is amazing but it makes me sick and I hate screens. I just can only take so much of them. So that’s my problem with Gringotts too. The queues are both top notch and parts of the rides are fabulous and if was mostly that they’d certainly be top tier for me. I love the rooms with the spiders and dementors and the whomping willow in FJ and I love the beginning of Gringotts that’s actually a roller coaster and the part where the dragon flies off at the end is a neat effect. But as a total package they rely too much on screens for me and so I just can’t vote for them.

2 Likes

I don’t recall it being rough at all. But I also don’t understand why folks call RRR rough when it ain’t!

1 Like

I wouldn’t call RRR rough in the front row but it most certainly is a vastly different experience in the last row.

2 Likes

I don’t think Mummy is rough and it’s my top ride at US.

1 Like

There are different gradations and aspects of “rough.” It doesn’t throw you around necessarily, but judging by my headache afterward, I would say it meets the definition through a combination of vibration, G forces, and occasional jolts.

1 Like

I consider the Mummy to be pretty smooth.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s my problem with RRR. I always come off that ride with a headache. I can’t seem to keep my head from banging around on the headrests. Maybe it’s because I’m short? Anyway, DH rides it single rider now. I love Hulk but the G forces are getting to be too much for me as I get older. I’m perfectly fine on Velocicoaster and Hagrids and Mummy.

3 Likes

RRR is insanely rough (for me) too. I much prefer smooth, like GOTG in Epcot. Or Slinky. All rides should strive to move so seamlessly without causing the rider to have to try and avoid whiplash.

5 Likes

To be fair, I remember RRR didn’t start off this way. It was pretty smooth when it was new.

3 Likes