Poll Time! Best ride in UOR?

Every time I ride it my neck hurts after. That’s what makes me say it is rough. I used to love those kinds of rides, I think I am just too old (at 48) to appreciate them anymore or something. :rofl:

2 Likes

I rode it as recently as May 2021, and still didn’t find it rough…and I was REALLY trying to find the roughness because of the on-going debate about that ride being rough on these forums by certain folks.

Now, it is not as smooth as glass as many modern coasters, but I’d never categorize it as rough by any means.

1 Like

The studios were pretty predictable. Islands was all over the place. Im surprised Popeyes didnt rate higher. Its a ride that has built in re-ridability and consistently produces laughter and a guaranteed smile!

3 Likes

Absolutely true! That’s why I put it in my top three. We have so much fun on that ride. Last time we got off and right back on! Better than most similar water rides I have been on. And this is coming from a guy who generally avoids water rides.

2 Likes

Yep, I generally avoid also.

1 Like

I loved it in theory but my soaked clothes for the next three hours were not as pleased. Maybe if I wore swim gear it would be more (I know some people do just that).

2 Likes

I’ve never banged heads with someone on it like I did my dad on The Rattler at Six Flag Fiesta Texas before they converted it from a wooden coaster to a steel coaster but I wouldn’t call it smooth either.

1 Like

Yes!

Have you been on Manta? In 2014 it was the smoothest ride I’d experienced.

Also maybe what I like about 7DMT.

2 Likes

Popeyes is fabulous and much better than KRR in AK. On par with Cali Adventure’s version imho. But I literally had a thing on my scavenger hunt worth 5 points if you could stay dry. I wore a poncho, I got store plastic bags in one of the shops for my shoes/feet (I gave my mom my flip flops cuz I’m a good daughter) and I still came off with a soaked bottom because the seat literally became a pool at one point. So yes, go in a swimsuit and flip flops!

3 Likes

Is Manta the one at Sea World? If so, I have been on it several times. I loved it.

2 Likes

Yes, years ago. That’s a fun one!

2 Likes

Incredicoaster in DCA is also incredibly smooth and a real roller coaster out in the sun all day albeit the dry sun and not the humidity of florida. It can be done!

3 Likes

I love IC as well, especially at night when the tunnels are all lit up.

3 Likes

Yup to all of that!

2 Likes

It was closed in 2018 when we went. All of Pixar Pier was

1 Like

Well I can’t like that…what is @Jeff_AZ chart about liking say to do in this situation?!?

2 Likes

Manta is a great ride.

2 Likes

I can like it because it was posted in my thread. You are on your own. :rofl:

2 Likes

Agreed! It made top 3 for us, too. The whole family loved it.

1 Like

Incredicoaster is designed by Intamin, who are well-known for smooth riding but not always super reliable coasters (Hagrid, Gringotts, and Velocicoaster at Universal, Millennium Force, Maverick, and Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point) and they stay relatively smooth over time.

Manta, on the other hand, is B&M and their rides start out quite smooth but get rougher over time (Hulk at IoA, Kraken and Mako at Sea World), and tend to be much more reliable.

I don’t remember riding any other ride made by the German company that did RRR. Their US coasters seem to mostly be in tiny regional parks. Wiki says there’s been one of their wild mouse models at Dorney Park since 2000 so I’m sure I rode it when I went there, but it didn’t make an impression.

3 Likes