Poll Time! Best Ride at WDW? Round 2!

It’s time for Round 2 in our “Best Ride in WDW” series. See Round 1 here.

No ride got a majority in Round 1 so I eliminated any ride that got less than 10% of the vote. Only four rides remain. We will continue until one ride wins a majority.

If you could only ride one ride in Walt Disney World, which would it be?

• Splash Mountain
  • Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
  • Haunted Mansion

0 voters

As a reminder, I included all “Headliner Attractions & Entertainment” from the personalized touring plan wizard that had a ride vehicle. No shows, meet & greets, parades, fireworks, walk-throughs, or other entertainment.

Round 1 Results:

1 Like

There are no rules so you CAN switch votes from what you previously selected - and you can vote strategically. :wink:

1 Like

Well, I have to vote differently because you mistakenly left off BTMRR.

7 Likes

I love seeing HM and Splash off to an early lead.

3 Likes

What is this BS?! No EE or TOT?!

6 Likes

Me too. I love FOP and I’m sure I will love ROTR but I’m not sure I could do that and only that for forever.

2 Likes

I agree with the sentiment.

2 Likes

I am glad that I will never have to make this choice.

1 Like

I had to go with FOP as the best of the 4. I like Haunted Mansion, but much prefer the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay at DL to the original ride. Splash is not a favorite, because of the getting wet part. If they drained the water, and ran it dry (and of course changed the name to Dry instead :rofl:), I would probably like it better. Rise is the best experience, but needs more thrills. They could have really made it thrilling, but didn’t. That leaves FOP as the best ride for me in WDW right now.

3 Likes

Despite abstaining in round one I voted in this round for Splash Mtn.

Yes - there is the wet factor. :confounded:

Yet, it’s a long ride. Good bang for your buck.
Almost anyone can ride it.
It’s a classic even w/o a movie tie in
(Like what rider % have actually seen the movie?)
And it’s my youngest grandson’s vote.

He’s been putting things into perspective for a decade and a half now. When he was in middle school he said, in reply to skip resort time for 3 day only trip?: it’s Disney World, not Disney Amusement Parks.

3 Likes

well - of THESE I had to pick Splash, because I haven’t done ROTR yet; HM was one and done in 2000; FOP I might do again, but if I never did it again I wouldn’t care.

Once upon a time Splash was my favorite.

2 Likes

How do you really feel?

3 Likes

I think I was one of 2 voters for RnRC in round 1. I still think you are all wrong. This time I went with FoP but I haven’t ridden RotR and I can think of at least 6 rides I’d prefer (but sadly none were listed).

2 Likes

It’s literally a three-way tie right now (the poll rounds down Splash for some reason). I think we’re on our way to Round 3 … (I’ll keep it open till we have ~150+ voters.)

2 Likes

For me this poll is kind of hilarious. I have only been on FOP once and I didn’t like it, I tend to avoid water rides(I am a weirdo and dislike the feeling of my clothing getting wet and having to dry, even when it’s hot out.), so even though thematically Splash is great, I don’t always ride it, and I have never been on RotR. So Haunted Mansion it is.

3 Likes

Wow. Haunted Mansion kind of snuck up into this poll. Anyhow, it is my definite choice. We never miss it, and I have it on our upcoming trip twice.

2 Likes

I voted for Splash. It’s the most definitively Disney of the options for me.

3 Likes

I voted differently this time. I voted for Rise, since I’ve never been on it, if I was going for just one ride, I’d pick the new one to try it. I may change my vote after that.

3 Likes

I have to say I had considered changing my vote for this round but @ryan1 made an extremely valid point in the other thread. Despite @Jeff_AZ titling the poll, “Best Ride,” his question was specifically about if you could only ride one, which would it be? Not necessarily what you think the best ride is. And while, for me, RotR is hands down the best ride I’ve ever been on, I’m sticking with the Mansion because unlike RotR, which left me wanting more, I’m always completely sated after HM. Nostalgia and joy and stories and hitchhiking ghosts and stretch room and so much to see…

1 Like

Bumping this thread - we’re close to 100 votes but the others had closer to 200 so I want to make sure everyone who wants to has a chance to participate before I eliminate a ride for the next round … I will probably do Round 3 tomorrow.