Poll Time! Best Ride at WDW? Round 2!

Interesting question. I have seen it. I wonder how many else have. Perhaps a poll should be created!

2 Likes

I have seen it a couple of times. I got a copy from a friend who brought it back from Europe. It’s pretty boring actually, other than the animated parts. You can see the zip-a-dee-doo-dah part on YouTube:

Easily the best part of the movie.

2 Likes

And since polls are free, why not …

Have you seen Song of the South?

• Yes
  • No
  • Can’t remember

0 voters

Edit: If you have only seen snippets, vote No.

You should have an option for a partial viewing. I think I’ve only seen a snippet of the Zipp-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" segment, and nothing else. Thus, I voted “no.”

1 Like

Added this:

Thanks!

1 Like

Of those that have seen it, I wonder how many saw it in the theater or later out to find out what the fuss is about.

1 Like

I hardly remember it, although I feel like I liked it. I believe I saw it on World of Disney or something.

But I was too young to understand the controversy.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen it outside of a theater. I’m sure I went to see it during the release in 1980. I was young, but there are parts of the movie that I recall very clearly. I also remember liking it.

2 Likes

Memories are often times not as reliable as one would hope, so I don’t know how much of this actually happened, but I believe I saw it on TV, not in a theater. The problem is, according to wikipedia, the tar baby scene was cut from US TV releases, but I distinctly remember that being shown. So, maybe I remember that from a book or maybe I actually saw it in a theater in 1986.

1 Like

I know for a fact I saw the tar baby scenes. And I know we didn’t see it in the theater.

Then wikipedia may be wrong. Or maybe there were unauthorized VHS copies.

I had a children’s illustrated book of the story that included the tar baby scene. I don’t remember if my DVD from Europe has it but I assume so.

1 Like

I voted yes because I remember seeing it in the theater, but only remember snippets!

1 Like

I saw it in the theater, I want to say I was 6 or 8?

I have vague memories of seeing it in the theater, 1980 sounds about right, I would have been 5 or 6. I mostly just remember skipping up the theater aisle to the song.

I definitely remember seeing it with the tar baby scene, this would have been the early 80’s, we had the Disney Channel pretty early on (wikipedia say’s it started in 1983) but I suppose it could have also been on VHS.

Click here to vote in Round 3!