Time for Round 3 of the Best Disney Resort Hotel Location poll! Here is the link to the Round 2.
All responses that achieved at least 15% in the last round have advanced. We will continue until one resort hits over 50% in the overall poll. I have listed the percent received in the last round in parentheses (note that the last round was divided into three polls based on transport type).
Which Disney Resort Hotel has the best overall location?
- Polynesian (55%)
- Caribbean Beach (48%)
- Riviera (48%)
- Contemporary (41%)
- Beach Club (40%)
- Boardwalk (34%)
Jeff's Official Polling Rules for Cynics and Skeptics
In case of a tournament, the following protocols will be followed:
- All voters are eligible to participate regardless of their familiarity with the various options
- Voters may cast or change their vote as desired until the poll is closed (generally timed)
- The first option to receive over 50% in any round upon closing of the poll is deemed the winner
- The percentage displayed by the forum software will be deemed the official result, regardless of the absolute number of votes cast (i.e., rounding differences may be decisive)
- If no option receives over 50%, additional rounds will be held
- All options receiving 15% or more will advance to the next round
- If all options have received 15% or more, the option receiving the lowest % of the vote will be eliminated
- In the case of a tie, the option receiving the higher % in the previous round will advance
- If there is still a tie after following the above rules, the option listed first by the forum software in the results will advance
- All results are final – no recounts, re-dos, challenges, or complaints will be accepted; however, discussion and debate is welcome.
- Have a magical day!
I’m really torn between Poly and Boardwalk. You have easy (bus-less) transportation for 2 parks from both. I feel like it’s more important to have easy access to HS than MK for RD purposes (probably because, in my opinion, SDD > 7DMT). But being able to avoid TTC (we never take busses because 2 ECVs and a double stroller) is gold! I also prefer entering EP through the IG. So I’m going with BW. Feel free to change my mind!
I’m torn between Poly and Beach Club
I like Poly’s location for it’s walkable location to other resorts, MK, and TTC. It’s location also puts it on monorail and provides ferry use. And gives it that iconic view across the lagoon. Plus the beach for fireworks.
But then there’s Beach Club which wasn’t in the running for me on anything until I just stayed there and fell IN LOVE with its location, walkable to 2 parks, with also, too, ferries and skyliner as well as walkable to other resorts.
Beach Club > Boardwalk because it’s literally a 3-5 minute walk to IG. Whereas Boardwalk is 10+ to either park. and Beach Club offers 4 forms of transport (walk, bus, ferry, skyliner) while Boardwalk is walk, ferry, bus. You have to walk a substantial distance to use the Skyliner from here so that’s why i am not giving it that.
Since this is about location alone I will not discuss the other amenities that lead me to say Beach Club > Boardwalk.
I didn’t find the walk to EP to be more than 10 minutes. At least not that I remember. And the walking to HS is what makes me say BW > BC.
I have not stayed at BC yet, but will be at YC in March!
But you can walk to HS from BC too.
I suppose the argument could be made that BWV is more centrally located between the two parks.
What I was trying to say, but words, brain, etc…
Me too! I can’t vote till I’ve slept on it.
Yeah that doesn’t help. I literally did exactly that a few weeks ago. Hence my struggle
To me, BW beats out the monorail loop, because you are fully in control of getting to 2 parks easily. What if the monorail suddenly loses power and strands people (8/18/21), is down because a construction truck hit the underside of the track (5/21/21), or has electric/brake issues and gets stuck (9/20/19)? What if there’s an unexpectedly long line to board? Unless highly prioritizing MK over HS, I favor the peace of mind in knowing nothing can possibly stop you from getting to either of 2 parks on your own terms. And I think BW gives the best combination of walk times to both parks vs the other Crescent Lake options.
Except on marathon weekend. Then those pathways are - for at least part of the time - impassable for pedestrian traffic
Good point. I was assuming a neutral time with no special events happening, but that would alter things a bit.
It honestly would not have been on my radar before!
I was thinking BC over BW because of walk to IG and I don’t walk to HS, I boat.
You should definitely check out that walk. It’s pretty fantastic.
DH is for the less walking option, ALWAYS. I don’t know how he even survives Disney (he’s very active at home though)
Leave him behind on the ferry. Take the walk. You’ll love it
Lots of good points being made!
- Beach Club was my favorite location until I stayed at Polynesian. It’s just so convenient to be *right by * the TTC. You can get anywhere with multiple options from Poly. But it’s a tough call! If HS is a priority, BC is better. If MK is a priority, definitely Poly.
- BC vs. BW is tough. Technically, if you were to go to EP and HS the same amount, it wouldn’t matter which hotel you stayed at because you’d have the exact same amount of total walking (give or take). You’re either having a very short walk to EP and a longer walk to HS (BC) or a medium walk to both (BW). If you’re spending more time at one park or the other, that could break the tie. BC is also closer to the Skyliner though, so I think I’d give it the edge. (Caveat: I’ve never stayed at BW, though I like the decor of BC better.)
Yes this does edge it up a notch for me too
I chose Poly bc I love it, but also it has the best access to multiple other locations for great dining and experiences too. Easy walk, mono, or boat to GF, CR, and WL, all of which have their own special merits too.