Poll Time! Best Disney Resort Hotel Location Round 3

I am team BW. I love the quick easy walk to HS and convenience to EP. I also love being closer to all the dining at Swan/Dolphin and Flying Fish is one of my favorite resort restaurants.

5 Likes

Ditto. I think being in EPC area is better than on the monorail because you can be completely independent of Disney transportation in all its forms for half the parks. Plus if you are taking Disney transport EPC is more centered so for AK and MK the distance is closer to both than MK is to AK. For me the MK being on one end of the world negates the monorail because itā€™s only walkable to one park which means I have to take the slower Disney transportation to 3/4 parks and the bus distance to AK is greater than that distance from an EPC resort. Walking is always faster than any kind of Disney transportation and less stressful. Given that Iā€™m a walker, I prefer BW to BC based on location alone. Itā€™s more equidistant than the others b/w EPC and DHS meaning Iā€™m not walking quite as far as the others for the longer walk day. I can split up the walking more equally. *I also prefer BW to BC in themeā€¦like A LOTā€¦and I like the slide better because itā€™s faster and mostly I like BW cuz of the nanny chairs! :wink:

5 Likes

:100:

1 Like

This is wrong. BC is boring and honestly lacks character. YC has more character. BW on the other hand oozes character. If youā€™re looking to truly be transported BW it is. Especially the Inn rooms vs. the DVC ones.

*But this poll is on location, not theming! lol

2 Likes

I have been told more than once that I am a boring person. :joy:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

But seriously, how can that be soā€¦you love to have fun! Iā€™ve seen the photographic evidence!

3 Likes

BC gets the edge because of Cape May - fav of DH - as will as an awesome pool and ice cream.

eta: the evening energy of the Boardwalk is cool, tho. Kinda offset by the parking - at least 9 years ago.

1 Like

I love seafood but honestly, the smell of Cape May every night in BC is another reason BW wins for me (with YC coming in 2nd).

My last serving job was in a seafood restaurant. I would argue that seafood restaurants should never smell like Cape May.

3 Likes

I picked BW over BC simply because the walks to both parks average out to be shorter. But I recognize that the walk to EP and Skyliner is shorter from BC. Thing is, the Skyliner is unnecessary in that area. It is faster to walk than take the Skyliner, and I generally wouldnā€™t need to get anywhere on the Skyliner route. It is nice having access to Skyliner simply as a relaxing experience, but it doesnā€™t weigh into the decision of BC versus BW.

Still, honestly, I donā€™t think either is a wrong answer. We are talking differences of minutes.

2 Likes

MINUTES MATTER @ryan1 MINUTES FREAKING MATTER!!!

(okay not that much though)

1 Like

You saved me plenty of typing :blush:

Poly and BC are such a close call that I would say it comes down to how my trip is organized and whether I drive to some park, possibly on departure day.

edit: when I wanted to avoid buses on my last trip, Poly gains a slight advantage as MK is imo the hardest park to get to from further away. HS and AK are more uber or car friendly.

edit 2: the walk from Epcot resorts to HS is quite long and currently, with kids, I would avoid it. The boat is pretty slow and at times busy. Another small point to Poly / MK resort area.

3 Likes

That is true. We lyfted everywhere but MK last trip. Very very easy and convenient. I order them when I leave my room or when I would walk out the gates of s park and sometimes theyā€™d pull up when Iā€™d get to that area and others 1-2 min later. Very fast. You could be to anywhere in the world in 10 min pretty much.

1 Like

I would not agree with this when considering BWV. When staying at BW, the pool cut through reduces the walk but my last stay at the villas the exit near my room was almost 1/2 way to HS. I would be interested in the walking time from the three swan/dolphin resorts.

3 Likes

From my recent visit, roughly 15 mins from HS exit to Swan

2 Likes

Do you have an idea if the Swan Reserve puts you closer or further away?

2 Likes

I think itā€™s across the street so I think further? But Iā€™m not sure.

2 Likes

Swan is about 3-4 mins, depending on pace to the ā€œBoardwalkā€ but I think the path to HS cut in is before that. I think it would just add 5 tops from swan, 6 or 7 tops from Dolphin

1 Like

Unless they added a new path by Reserve, it should be a longer walk than the Swan or Dolphin

2 Likes

yea maybe ā€œlongā€ is not the right description. itā€™s 0.75 miles from BW and 1.2mi from BC, but especially at the end of a long day itā€™s something Iā€™d rather avoid (for the record we didnā€™t walk from Poly to MK either for the same reason). if I was travelling solo / adults only, walking is a no brainer for sure.

1 Like

By the way here are the approximate distances from the resorts to the two parks. They are all from the center of the lobbies to the park turnstiles via the shortest route.

to Hollywood Studios:
YC 1.07mi
BC 1.17mi
BW 0.75mi
Swan 0.96mi
Dolphin 1.06mi

to Epcot IG
YC 0.40mi
BC 0.30mi
BW 0.40mi
Swan 0.69mi
Dolphin 0.61mi