Poll Time! Best Attraction Soundtrack?

I finally have a moment to circle back to the actual poll based on the nominations received in the other thread.

What is the best attraction soundtrack at Walt Disney World?

• Soarin’ (Over California and/or Around the World)
  • Splash Mountain
  • Haunted Mansion
  • The Seas with Nemo and Friends
  • Carousel of Progress
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • it’s a small world
  • Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • The American Adventure
  • Happily Ever After
  • Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
  • Test Track
  • Main Street Loop
  • Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
  • Tapestry of Nations
  • Philharmagic
  • Fantasmic!
  • Rise of the Resistance

0 voters

Note: I included all attraction soundtracks nominated in the Nominations thread, subject to interpretation of the comments. I added Fantasmic! and Rise of the Resistance.

Jeff's Official Polling Rules for Cynics and Skeptics

In case of a tournament, the following protocols will be followed:

• All voters are eligible to participate regardless of their familiarity with the various options
  • Voters may cast or change their vote as desired until the poll is closed (generally timed)
  • The first option to receive over 50% in any round upon closing of the poll is deemed the winner
  • The percentage displayed by the forum software will be deemed the official result, regardless of the absolute number of votes cast (i.e., rounding differences may be decisive)
  • If no option receives over 50%, additional rounds will be held
    • All options receiving 15% or more will advance to the next round
    • If all options have received 15% or more, the option receiving the lowest % of the vote will be eliminated
    • In the case of a tie, the option receiving the higher % in the previous round will advance
      • If there is still a tie after following the above rules, the option listed first by the forum software in the results will advance
  • All results are final – no recounts, re-dos, challenges, or complaints will be accepted; however, discussion and debate is welcome.
  • Have a magical day! :rainbow::european_castle::fireworks:
1 Like

Man this is TOUGH!

In the end - for now - I chose HM. I was toggling between HM and HEA (which makes me cry every time) but since HEA isn’t a thing anymore, I went with the long-standing classic - and my favorite of all attractions - HM.

5 Likes

I think we would tour well together

2 Likes

If you’ve got good taste, I’m easy to get along with :smiley:

1 Like

This was not an easy decision, they’re all so good! I was debating between Soarin’ and Fantasmic! but ultimately chose Fantasmic!, Mickey just makes me smile.

1 Like

I was very close to eliminating attractions that no longer exist, but I figure something like a soundtrack is timeless and is worth at least including. But I see it as a valid approach to favor the one that still exists as a tie-breaker.

I agree it’s tough. I love the Rise of the Resistance soundtrack - it’s basically my favorite score of all time! but it’s really just the soundtrack to the films, so I decided to vote for one that is unique to the attraction.

Fantasmic! is also worth mentioning. That show worked because the music was perfectly produced from beginning to end. I really hope it returns soon!

Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Splash, CoP, iasw, and Tiki Room are iconic. The existence of these rides, of which the score is a huge part, is what makes Disney feel magical to me.

But ultimately I had to go with Soarin’. The ride is great, but the score is perfection. It elevates it to another level. I can’t imagine it any other way - without its score, it wouldn’t be nearly as enjoyable.

4 Likes

I agree 100%. That soundtrack makes you feel like your soarin as much as the ride itself. At least for me.

3 Likes

So I think if it was broken out by ride vs show/attraction it would be a lot easier. HM for ride 100%, but I love CBJ so much!

2 Likes

We will probably have a round two, so your token vote for CBJ will stand and you can vote for HM next time! :wink:

3 Likes

I’m usually a sucker for the older, more traditional rides when it comes to these polls. But here I voted for the Seas with Nemo and Friends. No song reminds me more of our incredible first family trip than “In the Big Blue World.” A song which is (was?) of course featured in Finding Nemo the Musical too. Hearing the song again on our most recent trip on Nemo and Friends just flooded me with good feelings. Maybe not really “the best,” but absolutely my personal fav. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I need a Spotify Playlist so I can listen to all of these and decide.

4 Likes

Is there a Disney Parks playlist or something? I don’t use Spotify (I maxed out on subscriptions lol) or I’d make one for you - it’s a good idea!

There are a few of them, some better than others. I tend to like the one by The Lost Bros

There is also an official WDW Resort playlist

2 Likes

I’m working on building one!

2 Likes

Ahh this was tough! I was torn between HM and Soarin’ but ultimately went with HM.

2 Likes

You can probably find all on YouTube if you can stand the commercials.

1 Like

I am a 60 year old from MA. Aerosmith is always my correct answer.

I think if they re-theme RnR it will be my cue I am officially too old for WDW :weary:

4 Likes

I was going for RnRC but changed my mind at the last second. I hope it never changes too!

3 Likes

I can 100% relate to that, even being slightly younger and from the state where they’re really from :wink:

2 Likes

They don’t call them the Bad Boys of Concord.

2 Likes