Poll Time! Best Attraction Soundtrack? Final Round

The initial round of voting has closed. In accordance with Jeff’s Official Polling Rules for Cynics and Skeptics, all options receiving 15% or more were advanced.

Sadly, all but two options were eliminated! The good news is, that should make for a quick and easy final round. I was tempted to circumvent my poll rules since Soarin’ was just 1% away from advancing, but in the interest of maintaining election integrity and faith in our balloting process, I will stick to the rules as originally established. :raised_hand::bookmark: :us:

What is the best attraction soundtrack at Walt Disney World?

• Haunted Mansion
  • Splash Mountain

0 voters

Remember, you can use whatever criteria you wish to make your selection.

For the record, here are the results of the initial round:

Jeff's Official Polling Rules for Cynics and Skeptics

In case of a tournament, the following protocols will be followed:

• All voters are eligible to participate regardless of their familiarity with the various options
  • Voters may cast or change their vote as desired until the poll is closed (generally timed)
  • The first option to receive over 50% in any round upon closing of the poll is deemed the winner
  • The percentage displayed by the forum software will be deemed the official result, regardless of the absolute number of votes cast (i.e., rounding differences may be decisive)
  • If no option receives over 50%, additional rounds will be held
    • All options receiving 15% or more will advance to the next round
    • If all options have received 15% or more, the option receiving the lowest % of the vote will be eliminated
    • In the case of a tie, the option receiving the higher % in the previous round will advance
      • If there is still a tie after following the above rules, the option listed first by the forum software in the results will advance
  • All results are final – no recounts, re-dos, challenges, or complaints will be accepted; however, discussion and debate is welcome.
  • Have a magical day! :rainbow::european_castle::fireworks:
5 Likes

I approve of this decision since my favorite - and the best of all - remains #GrimGrinningGhosts

5 Likes

Wait. How did Soarin’ not make it on this? I am confused. Something clearly went wrong.

I mean the two choices listed are fine…but orders of magnitude below Soarin’.

4 Likes

How is this happening again? I’m agreeing with @ryan1.

I feel so ashamed.

But he is right. About this.

6 Likes

I begrudgingly voted HM b/c Soarin wasn’t there. But this is a travesty.

4 Likes

Since Grim Grinning Ghosts is my ringtone, you can guess my choice. (I have no memory of music on Soarin’. Did it change with the new video?)

3 Likes

Look it up on Spotify or something, and you’ll recognize it when you hear it.

For me, I literally put that particular track on repeat and just listen to it over and over again. The same is not true of Grimm Grinning Ghosts nor Splash Mountain.

3 Likes

@TheSafetyLady, we need your help! Splash Mountain is … underwater.

1 Like

“Don’t worry, Mr. Bluebird. I learned my lesson.” :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I mean c’mon. Splash has four or five songs to sing along with. That, my friends, is a Zip A Dee Doo Dah day!

4 Likes

I think Grimm Grinning Ghosts is going to run away with it. Which is fine - it’s a worthy contender. But I like Splash better. :slight_smile:

(Also I agree Soarin’ should have been the winner anyway.)

2 Likes

While I love Splash as a ride, and the soundtrack when I ride it is fine…when I’m listening to Disney park music, I’ll admit, my finger has a tendency to hit the “Next track” button when Splash is playing. I just don’t find it great to listen to. I don’t skip Grimm Grinning Ghosts…and actually tend to quote and sing along.

1 Like

I love how it tells a story that goes along with the ride perfectly:

1. How do you do?
  2. Everybody’s Got a Laughing Place
  3. Don’t go to the Laughing Place!
  4. Zip-a-dee-doo-dah

I always hop off that ride with a smile on my face.

2 Likes

Maybe we need to institute ranked-choice voting. :wink:

3 Likes

Lol I was literally just thinking this would have solved the problem! Soarin over the other two all day long. I totally wasted my vote on Country Bears!

3 Likes

How dare you!

5 Likes

The elimination tournament I use gives basically the same result as a ranked choice. The difference is that I let you choose your ranking as you go instead of ranking every option up front. Also I eliminate multiple options at a time instead of just one. The reason I use 15% as a cutoff is because while theoretically possible, it’s unlikely an option that got less than 15% would be able to accumulate 50% in a later round.

2 Likes

The people have spoken and Grimm Grinning Ghosts has taken the day! Thanks everyone for participating. Music is such a fundamental part of the Disney experience for me - I’m sure I’ll revisit this topic with another poll at some point.

8 Likes

Love the polls! Thank you for taking the time.

2 Likes