Magic band+

Mine are sitting in York, PA with OSM Worldwide since Friday with “USPS awaiting item” as the status. I’m in NJ, so hopefully I’ll get them soon.

3 Likes

Progress

4 Likes

Just a reminder: make sure you have a charger or portable power source that takes the USB-A connector! I forgot to pack a wall block for that (all of our other devices are USB-C), so it’s a good thing my portable charger has the right port!

8 Likes

They’re here! Now to figure out what to do with them… they’re already linked to our MDE profiles but I think I have to pair them to a phone (?)

MB+ v5

6 Likes

When is your trip?

1 Like

December.

2 Likes

If they are MB+ and showing in your MDE app it will guide you to pairing them. In your profile under MB & cards select new MB and follow directions for linking

4 Likes

Should each MB+ be paired to a separate phone and MDE account?

1 Like

Well, my DH and I activated them to our own/separate accounts (I think you have to). I think you have to do this with the MB+. The regular MBs I’ve always linked and assigned for the whole fam in my MDE account

2 Likes

I don’t know if DW and DD have their own MDE accounts, I think I just created them by adding them as Guests in my own MDE account, and assigned tickets there. Their MB+ are already linked to them when I look at them in My Magicbands and Cards. Hope it’s not going to be a problem activating/pairing their MB+.

1 Like

You can scroll across at the top of the linking page to link MB+ for any guests you manage.

That said, DH has given me permission to manage him, but he does not show up. He will have to log in through the MDE and link himself.

Which means he is going to need to call help desk because he can’t get into his MDE.

3 Likes

Thanks. I see where I can do that now. Would it be advantageous to have them install MDE on their phones, log in as me, and pair there? I’m reading there are certain MB+ visual achievements you can only see on your phone. Do you think that will mess anything up?

1 Like

Are the profiles linked to an email or did you literally just create them?

If the first, it shouldn’t create a problem and you have time to sort it out if it does

If the latter (which I’m guessing) it would probably be worth the call to Help Desk (which was no lines no waiting just now fyi) to create accounts and associate them with the existing people you’re managing. Does that make sense?

3 Likes

Also? That Help Desk call was about the best and most efficient I’ve ever made. 10 mins and everything was fixed.

3 Likes

I’m 95% sure it’s the latter, because when I tried to add them to a friend list on another account, the accept/deny email came to my email address. IOW we all have the same email address (mine).

I called the helpline and got through immediately (thanks for that tip) and asked about this. 1st rep wasn’t sure and sent me to “next level”. 2nd rep said I could create separate, new accounts for them, but their MB+ couldn’t be transferred over.

I may try installing MDE on their phones and have them log in as me. I know people do that for G+ bookings. Worst case, I’m reading I can manage their MB+ from my phone, and they’ll still get the interactive features, just not the visual achievements.

2 Likes

Yup this will work. I’ve had my kids do that before.

2 Likes

I might suggest, if you have them log in as you, to choose a temporary password that you’ll use just during the trip. I did that for my kids. That way they wouldn’t have my real password and be logging into the account when they didn’t need to, potentially spoiling surprises and/or messing with plans I’ve made.

2 Likes

To play the bounty hunter game and to see some of the animation with the statues you need a Play Disney account linked to each MB+

If anyone that you manage in MDE is over 18 and they want to be able to play the bounty hunter game or collect the statues they will need their own MDE and Play Disney app account.

My DD has a maingate pass and an AP. Her MDE and Play Disney app are linked to the MG and her AP is basically another person that she manages. She can’t use the MB+ that is linked to her AP because her Play app is linked to her MG.

We talked to GS and there is an update on the way.

Here is some info on creating play app accounts for under 18. I have not done this though so no first hand knowledge.

DD’s MB+ still lights up and vibrates at the statues but she can’t log into see the ones she has collected. I’ve also heard you can collect the bounties without the play app step but I have no idea how you would do that as it seems like a crucial and fun part of the game.

4 Likes

My DS said I have a small white box waiting for me…, I think it’s my MB+ :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2: I’ll be back home on Friday., stay tuned…

4 Likes

Sounds like MB+. Mine also came in a small white shipping box.

2 Likes