Magic band+

Are the profiles linked to an email or did you literally just create them?

If the first, it shouldn’t create a problem and you have time to sort it out if it does

If the latter (which I’m guessing) it would probably be worth the call to Help Desk (which was no lines no waiting just now fyi) to create accounts and associate them with the existing people you’re managing. Does that make sense?

3 Likes

Also? That Help Desk call was about the best and most efficient I’ve ever made. 10 mins and everything was fixed.

3 Likes

I’m 95% sure it’s the latter, because when I tried to add them to a friend list on another account, the accept/deny email came to my email address. IOW we all have the same email address (mine).

I called the helpline and got through immediately (thanks for that tip) and asked about this. 1st rep wasn’t sure and sent me to “next level”. 2nd rep said I could create separate, new accounts for them, but their MB+ couldn’t be transferred over.

I may try installing MDE on their phones and have them log in as me. I know people do that for G+ bookings. Worst case, I’m reading I can manage their MB+ from my phone, and they’ll still get the interactive features, just not the visual achievements.

2 Likes

Yup this will work. I’ve had my kids do that before.

2 Likes

I might suggest, if you have them log in as you, to choose a temporary password that you’ll use just during the trip. I did that for my kids. That way they wouldn’t have my real password and be logging into the account when they didn’t need to, potentially spoiling surprises and/or messing with plans I’ve made.

2 Likes

To play the bounty hunter game and to see some of the animation with the statues you need a Play Disney account linked to each MB+

If anyone that you manage in MDE is over 18 and they want to be able to play the bounty hunter game or collect the statues they will need their own MDE and Play Disney app account.

My DD has a maingate pass and an AP. Her MDE and Play Disney app are linked to the MG and her AP is basically another person that she manages. She can’t use the MB+ that is linked to her AP because her Play app is linked to her MG.

We talked to GS and there is an update on the way.

Here is some info on creating play app accounts for under 18. I have not done this though so no first hand knowledge.

DD’s MB+ still lights up and vibrates at the statues but she can’t log into see the ones she has collected. I’ve also heard you can collect the bounties without the play app step but I have no idea how you would do that as it seems like a crucial and fun part of the game.

4 Likes

My DS said I have a small white box waiting for me…, I think it’s my MB+ :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2: I’ll be back home on Friday., stay tuned…

4 Likes

Sounds like MB+. Mine also came in a small white shipping box.

2 Likes

9 Likes

That’s the one my daughter picked

2 Likes

It’s cheerful :slight_smile: and I think it’s funny b/c the MB I wore at Aulani, for the past two weeks, was a snack MB.

7 Likes

Love the droids!!

1 Like

Fyi, your MB+ Mickey ice cream bar is missing an ear. Think @srentmee ‘s daughter might have something to do with it? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Just checked and the MB+ that we ordered on 8/23/22 now say shipped!! We are in WDW until late January but if DL gets MB able in time for our October trip, we will be ready! :grin::grin:

4 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: DH was questioning me about that too, now I have an answer :rofl:

1 Like

They’re here!!

11 Likes

You should have seen the Tim Tracker when he looked like this:

3 Likes

So these bands. They’re cool, right? And you know what’s neat? They keep trying to communicate with me.

No for realz. They light up. They buzz. They definitely are trying to tell me something.

But damn if I know what it is.

And I mean not just when I’m near a statue. Heck, often when there are no statues anywhere nearby. I’ve figured out that after we ride something that has an in-ride photo it wants to tell me they got my pic. But there’s definitely loads of things it wants me to know and I have no clue what that might be.

There’s never any corresponding message on MDE and I didn’t get a decoder ring in the box they were shipped in.

It makes me sad to know it’s trying so hard and I am not getting the message. It must be frustrating for it. It’s frustrating for me, too.

16 Likes

I felt the same way! I wore it, it buzzed, I had no idea why. :woman_shrugging:t3:
P.S. it is almost 2am in Orlando. You should be sleeping! :sleeping_bed:

6 Likes

I was.

And then I was awakes by another headache.

I have just self-diagnosed with a consult by Dr Google (who will usually kill you but has not yet in this case). These might be hypnic headaches - nicknamed alarm clock headaches - which occur 1-3 hours after falling asleep. Who knows. All I know is I’m frustrated and want to sleep

3 Likes